• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PCGamer: "Just admit that your console exclusives are coming to PC already."

H . R . 2

I am a PC gamer but God are they annoying! a console is doing wonders at a fraction of the price of a GPU. they are becoming increasingly threatened and irrelevant and as a result peskier and more arrogant. the sheer idiocy and superiority with which they speak make them all the more unworthy of attention

H . R . 2

But that game looks and runs better on pc than ps4 pro version, even as shitty of a port as it was.

when and how was this ever a competition?
a 7-year old machine running the same thing at a slightly lower resolution and settings???????

the PC gamer is the most ungrateful and irrational of all.

the fact that you get to play such games is a blessing, I used to be a 360 owner and I always felt envious of all the PS3 gamers but I could not afford another console. but now I am thankful for being a PS4 owner, I really am , despite the fact that I am a pc gamer, I still enjoy playing ps4 exclusives more than anything else

I am a PC gamer but God are they annoying! a console is doing wonders at a fraction of the price of a GPU. they are becoming increasingly threatened and irrelevant and as a result peskier and more arrogant. the sheer idiocy and superiority with which they speak make them all the more unworthy of attention
I dunno, I'd rather spend time locked up with a bunch of hardcore PCGMR idiots than deal with all the clowns in this thread who accuse the author of that article of port begging for having the audacity to say that developers and publishers shouldn't lie or mislead people about the platforms their games will be on.

a 7-year old machine running the same thing at a slightly lower resolution and settings???????
He asked for a game that runs and looks better on console than on PC. You named HZD, which does neither. You got called out for it and now you're moving the goalposts by claiming PS4 should get a free pass here since it's old and slow. Not a good look.

Last edited:

petran79

Banned
Okay then. What games exclusive to the PC since 2013 have sold a comparable number to the top PS4/XB1 exclusives?

Game companies producing PC exclusives have fewer sales but difference is they target consumers who have a lot to spend on hardware and games. Eg Sierra did exactly that in the 80s,focusing mainly on the owners of expensive business pcs instead of c64 computers. Though today's pc gaming market is more similar to cheap Commodore 64 computer scene. Popular and cheap yes, with good games and creativity, but hardly pushing hardware technology and sales. After the 2000s hardware upgrade cycle slowed down. a 800 euro midrange pc can last 5-6 years, while in the 90s a 2500 euro high end pc would last 2-3 years. No wonder no AAA games invest on PC. Nvidia, Intel and AMD set their own monopoly on the gpu /cpu market too

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

H . R . 2

I dunno, I'd rather spend time locked up with a bunch of hardcore PCGMR idiots than deal with all the clowns in this thread who accuse the author of that article of port begging for having the audacity to say that developers and publishers shouldn't lie or mislead people about the platforms their games will be on.

He asked for a game that runs and looks better on console than on PC. You named HZD, which does neither. You got called out for it and now you're moving the goalposts by claiming PS4 should get a free pass here since it's old and slow. Not a good look.

as I mentioned earlier your argument lacks foundation and is hence irrational.
it would be a competition if they had similar specs and we had more constants than variables especially on the PC end

(p.s HZD ran better on PS4 than it did on PC)

Last edited:

the PC gamer is the most ungrateful and irrational of all.

the fact that you get to play such games is a blessing, I used to be a 360 owner and I always felt envious of all the PS3 gamers but I could not afford another console. but now I am thankful for being a PS4 owner, I really am , despite the fact that I am a pc gamer, I still enjoy playing ps4 exclusives more than anything else

It started with my quote, that you quoted.

It's not a blessing, hzd wasn't a great game as you may think...

You enjoy your walk simulators bro, all the power to you.
PC gamers get the best version of each game. Where do you form your opinions from? Your ass? What console port this gen plays better than the PC version? Name some big hitters and I'll concede (I know you can't)
Horizon Zero Dawn

Last edited:

MastaKiiLA

Even FF7 on the PS1 eventually made it to the PC. This isn't a great revelation. If you want to wait an indeterminate amount of time to play a game at your desk, good for you. The only PC games I play are PC-only, or console exclusives I didn't/couldn't play on a console I owned. Waiting for games to arrive down the road doesn't feel like the best gaming experience to me.

as I mentioned earlier your argument lacks foundation and is hence irrational.
it would be a competition if they had similar specs and we had more constants than variables especially on the PC end
But nobody said it was a competition. Someone asked for a PC port that ran worse than the original game on console. You named HZD. You were wrong. The end.

(p.s HZD ran better on PS4 than it did on PC)
Only in your imaginary fantasy world where any PC with hardware faster than a 7 year-old console doesn't count.

Last edited:
Meh. Grown men begging for games. You never hear PS gamers beg for PC games. If I want a PC game, I'll get myself a PC. If you want PS5 games, get yourself a PS5. It's that easy. Stop begging.
You keep repeating that in this thread and other threads. Stop going fully retarded, read the article and what people are saying. Stop being a tool

H . R . 2

It started with my quote, that you quoted.

It's not a blessing, hzd wasn't a great game as you may think...

You enjoy your walk simulators bro, all the power to you.

thanks and to you too
but
I just don't get it, why do people have to constantly provoke each other? what is there to gain?
that "article" is clearly making a puny attempt at fomenting trouble and is succeeding because people who have "superiority" complex need this in their lives to compensate for something else they don't have

this whole article and forum is childish and I am just as illogical to have been here adding fuel to the fire

H . R . 2

But nobody said it was a competition. Someone asked for a PC port that ran worse than the original game on console. You named HZD. You were wrong. The end.

Only in your imaginary fantasy world where any PC with hardware faster than a 7 year-old console doesn't count.

you clearly lack a pragmatic faculty. what I said was an indirect response that disputed the existence of the argument.

also, have a look at the technical reviews for HZD PC version before you do that again

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

"Rumored" like demon souls remake you mean? Well not like that matters anyway. What matters is that those games utilize the advantages of PC well, especially In regards to CPU requirements.

Yep they do. Im just saying I miss the days of big PC only games. I am currently saving up for a cheap PC But will probably get it next summer

You keep repeating that in this thread and other threads. Stop going fully retarded, read the article and what people are saying. Stop being a tool

The article is right, it make sense to say outright if a game is coming to PC. But this thread has already turned into a toxic PCMR. I'm just balancing the thread ala Dusk Golem. :messenger_winking:

you clearly lack a pragmatic faculty. what I said was an indirect response that disputed the existence of the argument.
You know, you come across as someone who knows a lot of big words, but doesn't quite know how to properly use them.

also, have a look at the technical reviews for HZD PC version before you do that again
I did. Somehow they all seem to show the game running at higher frame rates, resolutions and detail levels than the console version. But I'm sure you're gonna tell me that those don't count, since they're not running the game on ancient PCs or whatever.

Guilty_AI

Yep they do. Im just saying I miss the days of big PC only games. I am currently saving up for a cheap PC But will probably get it next summer
A lot of big pc games from back in the day also received console ports y'know. Half life 1&2, Deus Ex, Far cry 2...
As i said, as long as they are being developed to focus on PC and the power it can offer, what does it matter if it stays PC only or not?

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

Actually if you wernt so blinded to the merits of one format you'd be able to form a more objective and rational opinion. But carry on with you PC is better in every way possible mentality.

And FYI I've been gaming over 25 years, owned various consoles and gaming PCs.

Please tell me where in my response I came across as pcmr or claimed as such? I called out your bullshit statement, then of course you do the typical "I've owned thousands of consoles and pcs, you can trust me".

I can take a pic of my living room where I have a gaming PC, ps4 pro, Nintendo switch, and a xbox one x. Sorry that apparently after all those years of owning multiple gaming pcs (lol what?)you still couldn't actually educate yourself in what the differences are between consoles and high end pcs.

You even said as much in your original comment. You didn't say anything as a point of fact, it all came across as speculation.

H . R . 2

You know, you come across as someone who knows a lot of big words, but doesn't quite know how to properly use them.

or perhaps you don't comprehend them because you simply lack the ability

see? insulting people is easy. holding a rational discussion, however, is understandably more difficult for some

thanks for the conversation anyway

Sony warriors don't like the fact that their games are coming to PC and perform better. They are now rioting and trying to defend Sony, even though Sony betrayed them by releasing better versions on PC. News story at 6pm. Tune in.

H . R . 2

I guess I am not going to be a participant in this "discussion" anymore,
I like my time more than I like debates with strangers

God bless

Last edited:
I did. Somehow they all seem to show the game running at higher frame rates, resolutions and detail levels than the console version. But I'm sure you're gonna tell me that those don't count, since they're not running the game on ancient PCs or whatever.
[/QUOTE]
Bad port is still a bad port. They either tried their best to enhance ps4 version with utter shitty enhancements, that ended up still running better on PC. Or they were a lacking dev team and were able to make the game run better on PC. Pick your poison.

Either way, still runs better on pc. You got any other examples? Or did you concede by giving an example of a better running port than native console? Orrrrr do the goalposts move yet again?

Last edited:

Dr_Salt

PC gamers find pleasure in suffering. Juggling mods to try to stabilize late ports they begged for. Fiddling with graphics sliders even in situations the visual or performance gains are minimal, or to brag about benchmark scores someone with more money has already beat.

Man we get it, you have never gamed on PC and you still think PC gaming is like in 1998.
Its getting pretty pathetic now.

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
Please tell me where in my response I came across as pcmr or claimed as such? I called out your bullshit statement, then of course you do the typical "I've owned thousands of consoles and pcs, you can trust me".

I can take a pic of my living room where I have a gaming PC, ps4 pro, Nintendo switch, and a xbox one x. Sorry that apparently after all those years of owning multiple gaming pcs (lol what?)you still couldn't actually educate yourself in what the differences are between consoles and high end pcs.

You even said as much in your original comment. You didn't say anything as a point of fact, it all came across as speculation.

Well you dont seem impartial jumping on me because I said A) That coding for a set spec provides massive benefits in terms of performance B) That to me I can't imagine a high end gaming PC been *much* better than a X or Pro on a calibrated OLED (which is a subjective statement anyways).

Watching a Blu ray film is better than watching a Stream in most cases but the difference and how much that effects enjoyment is down to the individual user. Do you think most people outside of enthusiasts care that textures are sharper, frames are higher? That's why 4k discs are so niche relative to the size of the market. Quality only gets you so far before other factors come in for the mass market.

If you truly do own everything the only difference between us is I can tolerate peoples values when gaming been different to my own.

Dr_Salt

Console fanboys always act as if PC doesn't have exclusive games, many of which have by far more people playing than any console exclusive.

If you like strategy games like me then PC is the only way to go. These dumbasses think its all about the framerate and the ultra settings.

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
I'll say this:

As a PC/Xbox player, I really don't spend all that much time thinking about Playstation or Nintendo exclusives beyond what I read online in passing. Not much more than, "Oh, that might be cool.":

There's so much crap I have available to play already. Switching to PC has largely removed me from the gaming zeitgeist and I just sit in my bubble playing whatever the heck I want that I can get through Steam or emulation. It's wonderful.

Alphagear

I really don't understand the PCMR.

You claim you have the best platform and keeping harping on about it to everyone under the sun.

Yet all of you are thirsty for console games to be ported to PC.

Be happy with what you have. You don't see console gamers port begging.

If you really want to play console games then simply buy a console.

teezzy

Banned

You claim you have the best platform and keeping harping on about it to everyone under the sun.

They want to play console exclusives, and they want them to perform better than they do on their native console as well.

Dr_Salt

I mean I have seen people pestering Larian on twitter and reddit to make a console port of BG3. Maybe you haven't seen it happen but it doesn't mean it does not.

Alphagear

They want to play console exclusives, and they want them to perform better than they do on their native console as well.

Buy a console then.

Just like to add that most PCMR gamers don't have rigs as powerful as a PS5 or XSX.

Demons souls is 4K 60FPS on console. What more do they want?

FF is obviously coming to pc, you dont need square to tell you.

DS is another matter. You can wait for it and hope, but there's no 100% certainty of neither its full exclusivity or a possible port.

Last edited:
Buy a console then.

Just like to add that most PCMR gamers don't have rigs as powerful as a PS5 or XSX.

Demons souls is 4K 60FPS on console. What more do they want?
Average PC gamer has a better gpu than the xb1x, which is more powerful than ps4/pro, which means it's bEtTeR than what ALL consoles have, period, since you want to play the numbers game. Do you have a ps5 in your living room right now? Or a XSX, which is also more powerful than the ps5? If not, your whole argument is invalid.

Now that's out the way, can you please take notice that PC gamers don't want to buy a console to play one or two games, when the game will eventually end up on PC, with the better performance. Can I tell you about my frame-pacing issues with bloodbourne, and how I would love to finish the game in a better light? HZD DIDN'T impress me at all. Not only because it was a bad port, but a younger brother to a better game, assassin's creed. That's my opinion, so take it or leave it.

We, PC gamers love game in general, from indies to AAA. The more the better. No need to get your feelings hurt that Sony wants to make money, be the God of War, and broaden their Horizon ;)

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Do console warriors really like their exclusives games? Or is it to just gloat at "We have this game, what do YOU have?!"?

Look at horizon and death stranding. " The best games ever!!", That was until they released the better versions on PC, then those games became "so-so", by the same crowd that was claiming them to be the best. Was that because they aren't exclusive anymore?

Makes you wonder...

I agree with what you're saying here but you and others really need to stop saying "console" warriors. It's Sony warriors. They're the only ones that lose their shit over people stealing their precious when others get to play their sacred exclusive games.

Kokoloko85

A lot of big pc games from back in the day also received console ports y'know. Half life 1&2, Deus Ex, Far cry 2...
As i said, as long as they are being developed to focus on PC and the power it can offer, what does it matter if it stays PC only or not?
Yes.
Id just like to see more from PC centric studios

I agree with what you're saying here but you and others really need to stop saying "console" warriors. It's Sony warriors. They're the only ones that lose their shit over people stealing their precious when others get to play their sacred exclusive games.
I disagree

in REALITY I agree, WHOLEHEARTEDLY. I just don't want to be targeted by "that" group. Even the worst Xbox fanboy doesn't come and shit up every thread like these guys. They don't even come into PC or nintendo threads to cause strife.

WakeTheWolf

Average PC gamer has a better gpu than the xb1x, which is more powerful than ps4/pro, which means it's bEtTeR than what ALL consoles have, period, since you want to play the numbers game. Do you have a ps5 in your living room right now? Or a XSX, which is also more powerful than the ps5? If not, your whole argument is invalid.

Now that's out the way, can you please take notice that PC gamers don't want to buy a console to play one or two games, when the game will eventually end up on PC, with the better performance. Can I tell you about my frame-pacing issues with bloodbourne, and how I would love to finish the game in a better light? HZD DIDN'T impress me at all. Not only because it was a bad port, but a younger brother to a better game, assassin's creed. That's my opinion, so take it or leave it.

We, PC gamers love game in general, from indies to AAA. The more the better. No need to get your feelings hurt that Sony wants to make money, be the God of War, and broaden their Horizon ;)

"The game will eventually end up on PC"

You guys sure love waiting for things. Then again there's still a lot of PCMR guys that believe Star Citizen will release.

Hostile_18

Banned
What this thread has taught me is there extremists on each side PC and Console and your better not engaging either in any kind of rational discourse 😂

My personal view is

PC is the best place to play for graphic fidelity and performance.

Playstation for quality exclusives you can't get anywhere else.

X-Box for pro consumer features, policies and value for money.

Switch for portability and exclusives.

If you don't want to buy all 4 for 85% of the same experience on each then you just need to think what you value more, and which will fit in with your lifestyle/budget best.

"The game will eventually end up on PC"

You guys sure love waiting for things. Then again there's still a lot of PCMR guys that believe Star Citizen will release.
You can go into my post history right now, and search for me saying that I don't care for Demon Souls. Dark Souls and bloodbourne are better IMO. The trailer looked good, but the combat and animations look pre-dated. BUT I will still vouch for the game coming to PC, so those who want the game, can play it.

Again you can also search for me saying that most Sony games are more cinematic and walking simulators. That stereotype didn't come from out blue. It's just not my cup of tea... BUT, I wouldn't object for others being able to play them if they wanted to.

I've never been a fan of gatekeeping, of any kind. I don't see any benefit behind the mentality, nor is it constructive to society. I compare it to Apple's ideology, that you have to be in the "ecosystem" to be apart of the "bandwagon". Things seem good, until you realize you are stuck at barely 30fps, lower resolution, lower details. Can only play with one controller. You can't multitask while playing the game. Frame pacing, and did I mention frame drops? Limited FOV, no change of settings, etc.

You may not care for that, but plenty of people do. I use aftermarket parts on my car, went ham with my sound system, I even do my own maintenance. What's wrong with having that same control in your games? And why hate on others who others who like having options? Does it take away from your gameplay?

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
While Sony guys were too busy tripping over the Xbox Discord(secretely lead by Phil from the shadows via proxy, namely TImdog), the PC Discord has been advancing our plans for nearly a decade to fully absorb all console exclusives through port-begging and emulation. In the next step, we will begin making demands of Sony for advanced features to make us feel justified about buying thousand dollar GPUs.

Shadowy Xbot Discord and secret PCMR discord should merge forces and give the Sony Bros even more opportunities to cry FUD! every 5 seconds.

WakeTheWolf

You forgot to include Cheaper Games and Free Online on PC.

I'm also not sure about the "Cost" part, but the end of the gen you would have likely paid more on console because you pay more for games, pay for online and pay for upgrades.

Just to point out that most games I buy physically I end up selling for almost close to its value after completing. Also, you don't really go to PC to save money. Both PC and Consoles have their varied price points. Both can be just as expensive. Paying for online also ensures I'm not playing with cheaters. The amount of times games in Valorant have closed down because it detected a cheater is enough to know it's a big issue.

Both have pros and cons. My experience has been pretty poor with PC just lately but that's mostly on the community and consumer side.

Graciaus

Just to point out that most games I buy physically I end up selling for almost close to its value after completing. Also, you don't really go to PC to save money. Both PC and Consoles have their varied price points. Both can be just as expensive. Paying for online also ensures I'm not playing with cheaters. The amount of times games in Valorant have closed down because it detected a cheater is enough to know it's a big issue.

Both have pros and cons. My experience has been pretty poor with PC just lately but that's mostly on the community and consumer side.
Definitely not true for all games. Would be great if it was.

Digity

Now those people just have cheats built into controllers, console gaming isn’t exempt from cheating.

Top Bottom