• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PDP leaks 11/18 date for Wii U accessories

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Just said at Gamestop conference. So pretty much 11/18 launch as everyone guessed, right?

It's not uncommon for accessories to release a week early but it's on a Sunday and they mentioned a specific release date

Posting this banner as well just cause I FEEL LIKE IT

DibaZ.jpg

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Does Nintendo usually launch on Saturday or Sunday?

But yeah, this is obviously the likely date and has been since E3.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
11/18 seems right.

Though I did think October could have been reasonable to have the AAA games like AC3 on their respective launch dates.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Wii

November 19th, 2006 (Sunday)

Wii U

November 18th, 2012 (Sunday)

Edit:

After Black OPs 2 (Nov. 13th)
After Assassin's Creed 3 (Oct. 31st)

malfcn

It would be funny if Nintendo had a press announcement that said either:

"It has been on sale since yesterday!"
or
"It goes on sale tomorrow!"

Hoodbury

Still crossing both my fingers and my toes for an Oct launch. But ya, this seems pretty obvious. Sigh, that is so late.

Effect

It's always been easy to assume what date they'd launch based on their past actions. It's part of what makes them not saying anything all the more frustrating. They aren't going to surprise anyone by launching in October or even December. They would have lost nothing by saying the date back during E3 or at the very least the month.

Hoodbury

So what are the pros and cons of releasing a system on a Holiday week?

Pros: More people have the week off and will have time to shop and play
Cons: More people will be out of town and won't be able to shop or pick up their pre-orders.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
So what are the pros and cons of releasing a system on a Holiday week?

Pros: More people have the week off and will have time to shop and play
Cons: More people will be out of town and won't be able to shop or pick up their pre-orders.

Wii

The only Pro/Con that matters to Nintendo.

If Nintendo wasn't going to launch early enough for simultaneous ACIII and BOII releases, they should have at least kicked off the marketing for those versions (and allowed the announcement of BOII for the platform) a lot earlier.

"Perfect Dark… Perfect"?

Come ooooon, secret Nintendo reacquisition of Rare and magical rehiring of anybody who worked there in the '90s!

I mostly want this so that the leftovers at Crytek UK can finally go ahead and make TimeSplitters sequels until the Sun goes dark.

Performance Designed Products I believe

…oh. :(

And lots of Nintendo stuff launches on Sundays...

Nintendo's standard new console date for some time now has been "The Sunday Before Black Friday". They deviated from this with the 3DS, and that seems to have been considered a pretty poor overall release (though it did seem to shape up once *drumroll* we got close to Black Friday). I'm thinking they got spooked back to their M.O.

Seda

Nintendo's standard new console date for some time now has been "The Sunday Before Black Friday". They deviated from this with the 3DS, and that seems to have been considered a pretty poor overall release (though it did seem to shape up once *drumroll* we got close to Black Friday). I'm thinking they got spooked back to their M.O.

But I also meant that many Nintendo first party titles release on Sundays in the States. Sometimes people still seem confused when something Nintendo is dated for a Sunday.

Grok4Spock

For a lot of us. Now we just need the $299.99 price with no pack in confirmed.
Nintendo Land is a demo of Wii U much like Wii Sports was for Wii. With that and the fact Reggie said he wants a 1:1 sale rate between Wii U and Nintendo Land, there is no way it isn't a pack in..

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Nintendo Land is a demo of Wii U much like Wii Sports was for Wii. With that and the fact Reggie said he wants a 1:1 sale rate between Wii U and Nintendo Land, there is no way it isn't a pack in..

By most observations it is much more than a tech demo. I would be somewhat surprised if it is a pack in.

Pharros

The only downside to this I see is that it could be so beneficial to release just a week earlier. BLOPS2 is huge, and would be a perfect launch bundle with the U Pro Controller.

Top Bottom