• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Peaceful Protestors Block Traffic in Utah, Guy Tries to Drive His SUV Through Them, Peaceful Protestors Shoot Him

ManaByte

Jun 10, 2004
Southern California
mcucosmic.com

Provo police are searching for a man who shot the driver of an SUV that sped through a crowd of protesters Monday night.
The man, whose wounds were not life-threatening, drove himself to Utah Valley Hospital, according to police.
In a video circulating on social media, the SUV can be seen pushing protesters out of the way as it moves forward, and a loud pop can be heard. According to Taylor, the driver of the SUV — a man in his 60s — was shot.

Last edited:

Slaylock

Jan 8, 2007
It's astounding to see this happening in one of the most conservative counties in the United States.

Feb 25, 2013
You can see what looks like the shooter at the end of the clip. Unless it's just another dude with a gun.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Drives through a crowd of protesters?

I see a car stopped and a bunch of terrorist trying to swarm his car, he honks and then slowly drives away because it was clear they were going to start shit on his car.

Only problem is he didn't hit enough of these terrorists like the video of the cop.

Don't stand in front of peoples cars, that is not protesting.

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
Same shit as always - the driver slowed down for the rioters, the rioters starting surrounding the car, and the driver drove off before they could attack, which they evidently were planning because they shot him.

It's astounding to see this happening in one of the most conservative counties in the United States.
Utah is weirdly cucked, looking at losers like Romney and McMuffin.

Sakura Doritos

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2018
Hate to break it to you but the youth in Utah have been far left party animals and drug addicted for 30 years. That is what happens when caffeine is a sin. Not to say the LDS don’t find home for them out of wedlock babies but the Raves in Utah are of legend.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: mickaus

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
Which one? Just because it looks like a hit and run doesn’t make it so. No DA is going to insist a person stop and wait for officers in that crowd especially after being shot at.
You can see exactly what happens - the car slows down as it pulls into an empty space, the crowd immediately runs up and surrounds him, shots are fired, and he speeds up (still relatively slow) and drives off.

All these rioters do the same damn thing - they get in front of cars and surround them to intimidate them, or even climb on them:

And then they have the nerve to claim they were assaulted.

Last edited:

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
They swarmed his vehicle and then somebody started shooting at him. Fuck these people. Arrested him and charge him with attempted murder.
I will take it one step further. We have the right to peacefully assemble. If such assemblage is not peaceful in nature [such as surrounding and banging on vehicles,or looting], I think all who provided cover for the crime [in this case attempted murder and assault with a deadly weapon] should be arrested and charged as accomplices. Sweep up that crowd.

If the assemblage is peaceful, and someone does something criminal [such as the insane BLM protestor who just killed one of his own], then only the principle actor is charged.

These crimes occur because well meaning protestors [aka useful idiots] are being used for cover. Which can't really be stopped during a peaceful protest, but this was clearly not peaceful to begin with.

Edited to add: please note these protestors did not scatter at the sound of gunshots. They did not tackle the shooter. They aided and abetted by providing him cover.

Last edited:

Reallink

Jan 7, 2008
Drives through a crowd of protesters?

I see a car stopped and a bunch of terrorist trying to swarm his car, he honks and then slowly drives away because it was clear they were going to start shit on his car.

Only problem is he didn't hit enough of these terrorists like the video of the cop.

Don't stand in front of peoples cars, that is not protesting.
According to the police report, the "speeding through them" part (which is plainly inaccurate, and a ridiculous embellishment) was AFTER he was shot through the passenger window. Guy was literally running for his life and the media are trying to paint him as a homicidal Klansman. The guy from the other side of the street at the end of the video was a second shooter, who fired through the rear and possibly driver side windows.

I know this gets repeated like a BLM chant to the point it seems like a flat earther conspiracy, but much of this group (with and including the shooters) were very likely from out of town. Videos of an early event near me in a similar size town documented a protest adjacent parking lot filled with out of state tags. I don't buy the Soros or DNC nonsense for a second, but there really are "full time" Anarchist/Antifa traveling around to these protests and instigating the violence. They've learned if they throw enough rocks/bottles and stick enough fingers in cops and civilians faces for hours on end, they can film the inevitable reaction, cut out their harassment, and post it on Twitter. Which is then picked up by MSM without alteration or fact checking. A couple examples of this are the cops stealing the amputees legs, which police body cam footage disproved, the false flag origin of the recent Madison protests, also exposed by police body cams, and the millionaire mansion defenders where protestors were peacefully walking down the sidewalk (rioters tore an iron gate in half, demolished a no trespassing sign, and shouted death threats at the couple). In going to increasingly conservative areas, I think they're hoping to incite a mass shooting incident they can frame on white supremacists and dominate the 24 hour news cycle.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
According to the police report, the "driving through them" part (which is plainly inaccurate, and a ridiculous embellishment) was AFTER he was shot through the passenger window. Guy was literally running for his life and the media are trying to paint him as a homicidal Klansman.
did they find a MAGA hat in his backseat because that will seal the deal and prove he is the second coming of Hitler.

F'n media just can't stop lying.

Reactions: and 3 others

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
Mobs deserve no benefit of a doubt when they surround your car, the police cannot help you, it is up to you to be responsible for your safety and preservation:

Last edited:

Riven326

Would place his sister in the spank bank.
Mar 25, 2019
United States
According to the police report, the "driving through them" part (which is plainly inaccurate, and a ridiculous embellishment) was AFTER he was shot through the passenger window. Guy was literally running for his life and the media are trying to paint him as a homicidal Klansman.
Whatever happens in the next few months, I hope to god we can do something about this corrupt media in this country. It's disgusting and I'm sick and fucking tired of seeing innocent people being dragged through the mud and targeted by these disgusting multinational corporations.

Last edited:

Sakura Doritos

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2018
what can even be protested at this point that isn’t just cover for riots? Everyone has heard the demands. Protesters need to go home and try not to kill their family with their newly begotten Covid.

Reactions: cryptoadam

Zangiefy360

Cross Forum Drama ..........Queen
Aug 30, 2018
Give all of those responsible the chair. The driver did the right thing, too bad a few of them didn't get caught under his wheels though.

Anyone that refers to these terrorists as "peaceful" is joking, right?

Reactions: cryptoadam

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
She's pretty spot on and what people don't understand is these movements are creating segregation and a greater divide. Actually promoting racism and racial divides greater than ever before, because it's essentially forcing teams and disallowing nuance.
Yup.

Intersectionalism is literally built upon a collectivist ideology in which you divide people into endless groups and then power stack them against each other. It is divisive and segregationist by definition, and why I have started calling it woke supremacism. Woke people are actively racist to a degree that should earn them an honorary hood.

And that's not even getting into the violent communist element of their fanatic ideology, or the other massive defects which make them a plague upon society that gives Covid nightmares.

Last edited:

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
Give all of those responsible the chair. The driver did the right thing, too bad a few of them didn't get caught under his wheels though.

Anyone that refers to these terrorists as "peaceful" is joking, right?
They will go after this driver and try to ruin him - the Twitter mob apparently went after that woman who was attacked in Denver and drove her entirely off the Internet and ruined her business, and having been screeching at police for almost a month to arrest her (which they have not yet, thank god).

If he had killed them, as much as they would deserve it their buddies would probably track him down and murder him at his home.

HoodWinked

Jun 30, 2010
Earth
Is it possible to avoid driving through these mobs? Why even put yourself in that situation. Hell of a lot better to make an illegal U-turn

Zangiefy360

Aug 30, 2018
They will go after this driver and try to ruin him - the Twitter mob apparently went after that woman who was attacked in Denver and drove her entirely off the Internet and ruined her business, and having been screeching at police for almost a month to arrest her (which they have not yet, thank god).

If he had killed them, as much as they would deserve it their buddies would probably track him down and murder him at his home.
I must have missed the Denver situation. What happened there?

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
I'd say there is very little evidence that the BLM movement cares about black lives in any literal sense of the word. It's just a political movement trying to gain power through fear, threats, intimidation, shaming, and violence.
Yes and we have a word for those. Some people like to use it very often. Usually they are Islamic, but sometimes they are White Nationalists.

Maybe its time we start using the right language.

TERRORIST

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
Is it possible to avoid driving through these mobs? Why even put yourself in that situation. Hell of a lot better to make an illegal U-turn
They probably expect the mobs to be normal people and move aside to let them through after they stop. Instead, the mobs always surround the car and start pushing on it and trying to open doors to drag out the occupants and beat them.

I must have missed the Denver situation. What happened there?
A woman stopped due to a protest and had her car mobbed, with protesters pushing on her car and surrounding it to keep her from leaving, including climbing on her hood. So she started moving forward, stopped and threw the guy off to the ground , and then hit him while turning away from the crowd:

Denver police have been "investigating" for a month, but the crowd doxed her early on and sent her info to them. This was the last update:

Given that they have her license plate and her dox, they should have arrested her by now if they were going to. I doubt any prosecutor would charge her, and have a feeling the cops are just letting it ride - the video is damning towards the rioters, who attempted to unlawfully detain her and were an obvious threat. You don't climb on the hood of someone's car "peacefully".

Of course, since then her business and entire online presence have been scrubbed, and I have a feeling she fled the state.

Last edited:

Weiji

Jul 20, 2018
I will take it one step further. We have the right to peacefully assemble. If such assemblage is not peaceful in nature [such as surrounding and banging on vehicles,or looting], I think all who provided cover for the crime [in this case attempted murder and assault with a deadly weapon] should be arrested and charged as accomplices. Sweep up that crowd.

If the assemblage is peaceful, and someone does something criminal [such as the insane BLM protestor who just killed one of his own], then only the principle actor is charged.

These crimes occur because well meaning protestors [aka useful idiots] are being used for cover. Which can't really be stopped during a peaceful protest, but this was clearly not peaceful to begin with.

Edited to add: please note these protestors did not scatter at the sound of gunshots. They did not tackle the shooter. They aided and abetted by providing him cover.
If you do that counter protestors will pretend to be with you and then get violent.

That said they have no right to be in the street like that without a permit, so yes they all broke the law, and yes they should all be arrested.

And at least the one guy for attempted murder.

Zangiefy360

Aug 30, 2018
They probably expect the mobs to be normal people and move aside to let them through after they stop. Instead, the mobs always surround the car and start pushing on it and trying to open doors to drag out the occupants and beat them.

A woman stopped due to a protest and had her car mobbed, with protesters pushing on her car and surrounding it to keep her from leaving, including climbing on her hood. So she started moving forward, stopped and threw the guy off to the ground , and then hit him while turning away from the crowd:

Denver police have been "investigating" for a month, but the crowd doxed her early on and sent her info to them. This was the last update:

Given that they have her license plate and her dox, they should have arrested her by now if they were going to. I doubt any prosecutor would charge her, and have a feeling the cops are just letting it ride - the video is damning towards the rioters, who attempted to unlawfully detain her and were an obvious threat. You don't climb on the hood of someone's car "peacefully".

Of course, since then her business and entire online presence have been scrubbed, and I have a feeling she fled the state.
Poor girl. Glad to see the system is protecting her so far. Hope it continues. Sucks she's having such a hard time though.

wordslaughter

Apr 17, 2019
Never in my life have I joined a mob, swarmed a total strangers car and started shouting at them.

Fuck anyone who does that.

If you do and you get run over GOOD, you deserve it.

The real lesson learned here is, if they do that, don't try to nudge them out of of the way with your car - that just gives them time to pull out a gun. No, you fucking floor it right over any of those fucks stupid enough to get IN FRONT of your car.

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
Poor girl. Glad to see the system is protecting her so far. Hope it continues. Sucks she's having such a hard time though.
I've been watching the Colorado Commie Twitter for any updates since they doxed her. If charges were filed they would be preening about it. Instead they have been periodically crying over Denver cops arresting some shithead who ran over three cops the day after he did it but not doing the same to this woman despite all their "hard work". Great entertainment.

Last edited:

Riven326

Would place his sister in the spank bank.
Mar 25, 2019
United States
Never in my life have I joined a mob, swarmed a total strangers car and started shouting at them.

Fuck anyone who does that.

If you do and you get run over GOOD, you deserve it.

The real lesson learned here is, if they do that, don't try to nudge them out of of the way with your car - that just gives them time to pull out a gun. No, you fucking floor it right over any of those fucks stupid enough to get IN FRONT of your car.
That's what I would do. Wouldn't even give them the time to pull out a weapon. You begin to swarm my truck, your ass is road kill. Fuck them.

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
If you do that counter protestors will pretend to be with you and then get violent.

That said they have no right to be in the street like that without a permit, so yes they all broke the law, and yes they should all be arrested.

And at least the one guy for attempted murder.
Revolutionary communists already use the crowd for cover to get violent.

I am not sure what you mean, though. If the protesters weren't already banging on the car, and were simply peaceful, the shooter would not have had cover to act.

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
Hmmmmmm. So it’s “sit still and let us surround your vehicle and maybe assault you, and if you try to get away we’ll shoot you.”

Yeah, go fuck yourselves assholes.