• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pearl Jam Rock Band announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6209500.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;3

Can I get a big FUCK YEAH? I know many people aren't into Pearl Jam, but they are my all time favorite band. Now perhaps many can discover the excellence of Pearl Jam.

EDIT: Heres the link to listen to the live versions of songs on the official site https://www.pearljam.com/content/pearl-jam-live-rockband-compilation-coming-next-year

When Pearl Jam reissued its seminal album Ten in March, MTV Games and Harmonix collaborated with the grunge rockers to offer a playable version through Rock Band. Now, MTV Games and Harmonix are teaming up with Pearl Jam once more on a "Pearl Jam Rock Band project" that will feature live cuts from the band's entire catalog. Platforms for the project were not revealed, though it is slated to arrive in 2010.

Pearl Jam
The exact nature of the Pearl Jam Rock Band project remains a mystery, with neither MTV Games nor Pearl Jam giving any indication as to whether the game will be a downloadable album, an AC/DC-style retail product, or a The Beatles: Rock Band spin-off.However, the publisher did promise to provide more details on the project next month, presumably around the time that the Electronic Entertainment Expo descends upon Los Angeles on June 2.

Until then, Pearl Jam has invited its fan club members to select their favorite live performances of more than 40 different catalog hits through the band's official Web site. By way of a Rhapsody playlist widget, fans can listen to hundreds of different live performances of individual songs, with the versions that are played the most times being selected as the best.

In June, the selection process will be opened up to everyone, with fans tasked with building their own favorite set lists from the previously selected top tracks for the Pearl Jam Rock Band project. However, MTV Games did not indicate how many tracks will be included with the final project, promising only to provide more details in the coming weeks.

A full list of songs currently in the running can be found below.

1/2 Full
Alive
Animal
Better Man
Black
Brain of J
Comatose
Corduroy
Do the Evolution
Down
Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town
Even Flow
Footsteps
Garden
Given to Fly
Go
I Am Mine
I Got ID
Inside Job
Insignificance
Jeremy
Last Exit
Life Wasted
Light Years
Love Boat Captain
Lukin
Man of the Hour
Marker in the Sand
Nothingman
Oceans
Present Tense
Rearviewmirror
Red Mosquito
Release
Satan's Bed
Severed Hand
Spin the Black Circle
State of Love and Trust
Wash
Whipping
Why Go
Wishlist
World Wide Suicide

The fans gotta vote for the songs they want. This is a fantastic list already, it's only missing one of my favorite songs "Sad" That song needs to be in.

And while I certainly think this is a bit of milking, and that perhaps Pearl Jam isn't the best choice to give a full fledged release to, I'm thrilled by this news.

StuBurns

Banned
Oh please no.

I thought the Beatles were going to be a one off. I don't want them to run Rock Band into the ground.

skip

and that perhaps Pearl Jam isn't the best choice to give a full fledged release to,

YOU CAN GO TO HELL

this is the best gaming thing of gaming ever. and PJ live is thoroughly epic. hope they pick some truly crazy mccready solos.

skip said:
YOU CAN GO TO HELL

this is the best gaming thing of gaming ever. and PJ live is thoroughly epic. hope they pick some truly crazy mccready solos.

Further proof that Skip is the incarnation of all that is holy.

Edit: I want that MTV Awards show performance of Neil Young's Rockin' In The Free World. Fucking amazing!

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Okay, EA is getting as bad as Activision now.

Lego Rock Band
Rock Band: The Beatles
Rock Band Unplugged
Rock Band Pearl Jam

vs

DJ Hero
Band Hero
Guitar Hero 5
Guitar Hero Greatest Hits
Guitar Hero Van Halen

skip said:
YOU CAN GO TO HELL

I hope you read the part where I said there are my all time FAVORITE band. Nothing compares for me. But I also understand that they arent exactly lighting up the charts, and they purposely took apart their own fame so they wouldn't sell out to the mainstream.

skip

VindicatorZ said:
I hope you read the part where I said there are my all time FAVORITE band. Nothing compares for me. But I also understand that they arent exactly lighting up the charts, and they purposely took apart their own fame so they wouldn't sell out to the mainstream.

I actually missed that part. BUT CHARTS SCHMARTZ. let us rejoice together.

DMeisterJ

Banned
ICallItFutile said:
Okay, EA is getting as bad as Activision now.

Lego Rock Band
Rock Band Unplugged
Rock Band Pearl Jam

vs

DJ Hero
Band Hero
Guitar Hero 5
Guitar Hero Van Halen
Guitar Hero: On tour Modern Hits

If you're going to throw portable versions in... But yeah, it's just as bad as GH now.

Barrett2

Clearly I remember, picking on the music genre, seemed a harmless... little fuck... Ooh but we unleashed a lion... of shit...

sneaky77

DevelopmentArrested said:
When will this end? How many times can you buy the exact same game with different tunes?

but thats the whole concept behind the music genre... and that same generic sentence can apply to a whole lot of games.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
When will this end? How many times can you buy the exact same game with different tunes?

So you would rather have them release a brand new music game requiring even more fake plastic toys in your living room?

ICallItFutile said:
Okay, EA is almost getting as bad as Activision now.

Lego Rock Band
Rock Band Unplugged
Rock Band Pearl Jam

vs

DJ Hero
Band Hero
Guitar Hero 5
Guitar Hero Van Halen
Guitar Hero Metallica
Guitar Hero On Tour: Modern Hits
Guitar Hero Arcade (Nitpicking)

Fixed

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Same rule as any other game; if the songs offer good value and can be imported into the main platform, I'm there. If they don't, I'm not.

Well if the market is going to be over-saturated with plastic guitar games, they may as well put out good ones. Needless to say, I will be loving this one. :D

BTW, wasn't there a GH: Motley Crue being talked about?

Chemo

This seems ridiculous and excessive, but I could have maybe gotten behind it if WMA had been on the potential setlist. Worthless without that song.

Wario64 said:
So you would rather have them release a brand new music game requiring even more fake plastic toys in your living room?
how bout elite beat agents 2 or ouedan 3.
the console music genre is stale. and yes im sure retail stores are tired as fuck for having to carry the big fisher toy instruments.

skip said:
some people clearly not grasping the concept of music games as a platform.
clearly mtv didnt grasp that - re: beatles rock band
i have no problem with contiually to release weekly dlc songs for rb2. no need for a new press release every few days. new retail games every few months? milked.

Meier

Cool news but I am getting sick of these stand alone releases. I love me some PJ and I'll probably buy this, but these things fuck up my achievements. :(

Wait, the Gamespot story says this may not necessarily be a stand-alone product like AC/DC or The Beatles.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Meier said:
Cool news but I am getting sick of these stand alone releases. I love me some PJ and I'll probably buy this, but these things fuck up my achievements. :(
Odds are the game will come with a download code so you will never have to put the DVD into your Xbox. :eek:

jts

...hate me...
Fucking excellent. I don't get the bitching; you're paying top dolla for plastic hardware - YOU BETTER GET SOME SOFTWARE/MUSIC TO JUSTIFY THAT SHIT, THE MORE THE MERRIER.

9/9/9 can't come soon enough.

skip said:
I actually missed that part. BUT CHARTS SCHMARTZ. let us rejoice together.

fuck yeah man, I'm stoked. Choosing from this list...

My list right now would be...

1/2 Full
Insignificance
Do the Evolution
Brain of J
Animal
Whipping
I Got Shit
Sad - Added
Yellow LedBetter - Added
Go
Lights Years
Rearview Mirror
Spin the black Circle
Wash
Satans Bed
Last Exit
Given to Fly
Corduroy
Down
BetterMan
Red Mosquito
Present Tense
Severed Hand
Comatose

Why would I pick songs from Ten, when I already downloaded it?? No sense, give me other shit.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Wario64 said:
Pretty much, I'm kinda confused why people are complaining about these. Isn't this what most wanted. Where they constantly update the catalog?

skip

how bout elite beat agents 2 or ouedan 3.
the console music genre is stale. and yes im sure retail stores are tired as fuck for having to carry the big fisher toy instruments.

is beatles rock band a platform?

is the only way to get the songs by buying the expensive bundle w/new instruments? (honestly asking, I haven't kept up with that all the way)

Ten-Song

Live versions? If this is anything like the AC/DC pack that was also only full of live cuts, then it'll basically be a giant track pack that you have to buy in stores and can't download off of Live/PSN.

If that's the case? Laaaaaaaame.

Barrett2

skip said:
some people clearly not grasping the concept of music games as a platform.

How could I forget
The day Skip hit GAF with his surpriiiise PJ love
My brain left hurting
Dropped wide open
Just like the daaaaay
Like the day I put all my plastic instruments for sale on Ebaaaaaaayyyy!!

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Htown said:
I thought Rock Band was a platform. :lol
It is. You can play every currently available song, minus 3, in Rock Band 2, and odds are that Lego RB and TB:RB will be playable in RB2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom