• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pedophilia: sexual orientation or disorder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
cutmeamango said:
Well we are back to the original question! :) I guess we will always disagree here, but I believe every material or reproduction made with the intent of propaganding criminal activities (vague I know, but I believe you understand my point from all my past posts) should be criminal.

Video of a murder: Talked thru already.

Video of drug use: This one is the definition of slippery slope! I (and that's just me) think that beer advertising should be banned like cigarettes advertisements were.
But since most drugs present no direct harm to others, it would be difficult to say a video of drug use should be illegal, my judgment would be directly affected by its presentation, I guess.

Traffic violation: Actually there were a few kids here in Brazil arrested for doing vids and posting on youtube, riding their bikes in traffic dangerously and bragging about it on social networks.
So definetely, if it is in the same aspect.

The idea is not to want a police state, or would you be comfortable living in a 1984 esque society?

KHarvey16 said:
Yes, we will definitely not agree on this point. Also I'd point out that those kids were likely punished for the actions in the tape, not for making the tape(and I'm sure no one who may have downloaded it was punished).

Yeah, they were fined for identifing themselves haha But I'd still consider that illegal material, not on the same level of course as the murder/cp thing. So the act of having this types of videos (Getaway in stockholm, I'm looking at you!) would be minor or "perceivedly" non existant, just like having illegal mp3s or roms I'd say.

[Clark Gable said:
]The idea is not to want a police state, or would you be comfortable living in a 1984 esque society?

Well, I wouldn't really know if it was uncomfortable since I was born in 88, but my parents seem to have lived normally, they married in 1984! But I live in Brazil, so different society visions perhaps?
But yes, I do feel the law here can be too lenient (maybe just too slow?) and the law enforcement (police subsequently) are mistreated and under utilized.
Finding the middle ground between this and a supposed police state might prove hard I guess?

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
cutmeamango said:
Yeah, they were fined for identifing themselves haha But I'd still consider that illegal material, not on the same level of course as the murder/cp thing. So the act of having this types of videos (Getaway in stockholm, I'm looking at you!) would be minor or "perceivedly" non existant, just like having illegal mp3s or roms I'd say.

Well, I wouldn't really know if it was uncomfortable since I was born in 88, but my parents seem to have lived normally, they married in 1984! But I live in Brazil, so different society visions perhaps?
But yes, I do feel the law here can be too lenient (maybe just too slow?) and the law enforcement (police subsequently) are mistreated and under utilized.
Finding the middle ground between this and a supposed police state might prove hard I guess?
Dude: 1984

cutmeamango said:
Video of drug use: This one is the definition of slippery slope! I (and that's just me) think that beer advertising should be banned like cigarettes advertisements were.
But since most drugs present no direct harm to others, it would be difficult to say a video of drug use should be illegal, my judgment would be directly affected by its presentation, I guess.

Interestingly enough, I'm almost positive the current law in the US prevents them from actually depicting people drinking beer in the commercials. They just show it being poured into glasses, or in a bottle.

amar212

...IN THE WORLD WHERE BEING DIFFERENT MEANS BEING EXPOSED...

..IN THE SOCIETY THAT HATES EVERYTHING THAT IS NOT USUAL...

...IN THE SYSTEM THAT DEALS WITH PEOPLE LIKE THEY ARE ANIMALS...

...ONE MAN HAD TO BEGIN STRUGGLE FOR HIS RIGHTS AND RIGHTS OF MILLIONS.

TRI STAR COLUMBIA PICTURES IN ASSOCIATION WITH GREEN LEAVES FILMS PROUDLY PRESENTS

A STORY OF A MAN WHO WASN'T AFRAID TO SAY THE WORLD WHAT HE HAS INSIDE

Academy Award winner Tom Hanks
...»I will not say that what I do is right, but I will say that I enjoyed every minute with that boy...»

Academy Award nominee Robert Downey Jr.
«...my client is maybe different, maybe he's not like one of you., but does that mean we should turn our backs to everybody who dare to express his feelings to the world...»

Academy Award winner Gwyneth Paltrow
«...maybe you don't understand what I'm going trough, but one day you'll understand that his ass is nothing in compare to mine...»

Academy Award winner Roberto Bennini
«...my son, all I have teach you is not enough for struggle you're about to go trough...you must stay hard, hard as tree, hard as hell, hard as only yours can be...»

and for the first time on silver screens, Albert Somerville Jr.
«...he told me not to be afraid...I trusted him...he's the only one I can trust...mummy, daddy, forgive me...I love him...»

FROM THE ACADEMY AWARD WINNER ROBERT ZEMECKIS COMES THE STORY OF A MAN AND BOY WHO STAND FOR WHAT THEY BELIEVED

NOTHING COULD STOP THEM...

«...I know what I believe in, I know what I feel and I promise you they can't do anything to separate us...not now...»

IN STORY OF FRIENDSHIP...

«...don't be afraid little Bobby, feel what your heart is telling you...take this candy and kiss me, you beautiful boy...»

STORY OF BETRAYAL...

«...and what that little shit can give to you? What he has that I don't have? You are freak, you asshole, you are not worth that shit of his you are hiding in this briefcase...»

STORY OF FIGHT FOR RIGHT...

«...and all of you who are trying to put this man behind the bars should remember how you have feel when you fell in love for the first time...they love each other, and we shouldn't stop them...you shouldn't do that, this court shouldn't do that, and this country, our country, United States of America should be ashamed if you put this honorable man to jail just because he had strength to say what he feels ...»

…TO LOVE.

BASED ON THE TRUE STORY COMES THIS EPIC OF MAN AND BOY WHO HAD NOTHING TO LOSE IN FIGHT WITH SOCIETY, SYSTEM AND RULE OF LAW…

Tom Hanks is
The Pedophile

BELIEVE IN YOUR LOVE.

Featuring music by
Whitney Houston
Elton John and
Grammy Award nominee song by
Michael Jackson
“I love you little boy”

Coming soon in Theaters near you

Copyright SICKBRAIN PRODUCTS©2001

Orayn

That's an awfully long post to satirize a "defense force" that's not even in this thread. I applaud your efforts, though.

Sennorin

Banned
I think the problem with CP is (and I´m only assuming that, since I´m obviously not going to check if true) that it´s all violent rape. So any pedophile who downloads CP is committing a crime, not only because of the underage-thing, but because of supporting the act of rape (or, sigh, "rape-rape"). Which separates them from those pedophiles that would ideally have a peaceful, loving relationship with a kid, not one based upon violence.

Steelrain

amar212 said:
...IN THE WORLD WHERE BEING DIFFERENT MEANS BEING EXPOSED...

..IN THE SOCIETY THAT HATES EVERYTHING THAT IS NOT USUAL...

...IN THE SYSTEM THAT DEALS WITH PEOPLE LIKE THEY ARE ANIMALS...

...ONE MAN HAD TO BEGIN STRUGGLE FOR HIS RIGHTS AND RIGHTS OF MILLIONS.

TRI STAR COLUMBIA PICTURES IN ASSOCIATION WITH GREEN LEAVES FILMS PROUDLY PRESENTS

A STORY OF A MAN WHO WASN'T AFRAID TO SAY THE WORLD WHAT HE HAS INSIDE

Academy Award winner Tom Hanks
...»I will not say that what I do is right, but I will say that I enjoyed every minute with that boy...»

Academy Award nominee Robert Downey Jr.
«...my client is maybe different, maybe he's not like one of you., but does that mean we should turn our backs to everybody who dare to express his feelings to the world...»

Academy Award winner Gwyneth Paltrow
«...maybe you don't understand what I'm going trough, but one day you'll understand that his ass is nothing in compare to mine...»

Academy Award winner Roberto Bennini
«...my son, all I have teach you is not enough for struggle you're about to go trough...you must stay hard, hard as tree, hard as hell, hard as only yours can be...»

and for the first time on silver screens, Albert Somerville Jr.
«...he told me not to be afraid...I trusted him...he's the only one I can trust...mummy, daddy, forgive me...I love him...»

FROM THE ACADEMY AWARD WINNER ROBERT ZEMECKIS COMES THE STORY OF A MAN AND BOY WHO STAND FOR WHAT THEY BELIEVED

NOTHING COULD STOP THEM...

«...I know what I believe in, I know what I feel and I promise you they can't do anything to separate us...not now...»

IN STORY OF FRIENDSHIP...

«...don't be afraid little Bobby, feel what your heart is telling you...take this candy and kiss me, you beautiful boy...»

STORY OF BETRAYAL...

«...and what that little shit can give to you? What he has that I don't have? You are freak, you asshole, you are not worth that shit of his you are hiding in this briefcase...»

STORY OF FIGHT FOR RIGHT...

«...and all of you who are trying to put this man behind the bars should remember how you have feel when you fell in love for the first time...they love each other, and we shouldn't stop them...you shouldn't do that, this court shouldn't do that, and this country, our country, United States of America should be ashamed if you put this honorable man to jail just because he had strength to say what he feels ...»

…TO LOVE.

BASED ON THE TRUE STORY COMES THIS EPIC OF MAN AND BOY WHO HAD NOTHING TO LOSE IN FIGHT WITH SOCIETY, SYSTEM AND RULE OF LAW…

Tom Hanks is
The Pedophile

BELIEVE IN YOUR LOVE.

Featuring music by
Whitney Houston
Elton John and
Grammy Award nominee song by
Michael Jackson
“I love you little boy”

Coming soon in Theaters near you

Copyright SICKBRAIN PRODUCTS©2001
This was amazing. Thanks.

Uchip

Banned
Steelrain said:
This was amazing. T hanks.
fixed it for you

Sennorin said:
I think the problem with CP is (and I´m only assuming that, since I´m obviously not going to check if true) that it´s all violent rape. So any pedophile who downloads CP is committing a crime, not only because of the underage-thing, but because of supporting the act of rape (or, sigh, "rape-rape"). Which separates them from those pedophiles that would ideally have a peaceful, loving relationship with a kid, not one based upon violence.

you know how i know you're trolling?

Qwomo

Sennorin said:
I don't have an opinion on any of this, but honestly this bolded part is hilarious.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Sennorin said:
Real life isn't like a anime dude.

akira28

Sennorin said:
Which separates them from those pedophiles that would ideally have a peaceful, loving relationship with a kid, not one based upon violence.

What about one where he wears a mask of friendship and hides all of his lust. Or is he perfectly able to control his lusts while his little friend is happily bouncing around on him? Innocent and never suspecting a thing. Could he resist the tempation to even entertain the thought, while he's alone at home? What you're proposing is a fantasy world where people aren't human, all so you can ignore the reality, the human stark animal visceral reality of man. You think you're the first person to propose perching at the top of that slippery slope? Yeah all those guys before were just horrible people, and weak too, hm? But your proposed hypothetical person would be able to conquer it, while still living with it like a goddamn mark of shame. It's a sickness. If it was an orientation it'd still be a predatory one of seeking out partners and grooming them. Or seeking out objects of sick fascination and playing with peril.

You're saying they can live and hide among us, but obviously those people, by the numbers, go out and seek prey. I don't think it makes sense to do anything other than gather data and improve detection and treatment options. It's usually a fire that has to be started from the outside, and it has to cause damage. I don't think there have been any cases of people being born like this as there is with homosexuality or bisexuality.

Londa

Banned
Sennorin said:
Ooook, you need to seriously get treatment.

Gaborn

Sennorin said:
I think the problem with CP is (and I´m only assuming that, since I´m obviously not going to check if true) that it´s all violent rape.

As... opposed to non-violent rape? Rape is fundamentally about power. Adults have power over children, in terms of physical, often mentally and emotionally because of their relative status and position of authority over the children abused. It's inherently violent when it occurs.

So any pedophile who downloads CP is committing a crime, not only because of the underage-thing, but because of supporting the act of rape (or, sigh, "rape-rape"). Which separates them from those pedophiles that would ideally have a peaceful, loving relationship with a kid, not one based upon violence.

A peaceful, loving relationship is one of a parent, not having sex with a kid.

Qwomo said:
I don't have an opinion on any of this, but honestly this bolded part is hilarious.

Well that kind of depends. Some people on here seems to think that anyone under the age of 18 is a kid (which the UN agrees with), I would definitively say that you can easily have a "peaceful, loving relationship" with someone of a lower age than that, my country agrees with 15 year old being the age of consent. But if by kid we are talking about someone in the pre or in the middle of puberty? Yeah, no, get your hands away sick fucks.

Gaborn

UraMallas said:
In various social animals they have sex with younglings, too. 300 years ago it was okay to take 12 or 13 year old girls as wives and that still is okay in some places. Greece's elite used young boys for pleasure. Think of what was done to attractive young boys and girls before there were even rudimentary civilizations out on the wide expanse. When the strongest fucked the prettiest without regard for social norms or the stigma of rape.

My point isn't that homosexuality and pedophilia are the same but that we don't live in nature anymore. We don't shit in the woods and we don't fuck little boys. Bringing what's "natural" into consideration you'd be jacking off in your hands and slinging it at every pretty girl you saw. Shitting down your leg and wiping your itchy ass on a tree. Nature doesn't play into this debate.

Good because they're not. Homosexuality is a sexual orientation. Pedophilia is a paraphilia. Homosexuality is comparable to heterosexuality, pedophilia is not.

Sennorin

Banned
Gaborn said:
As... opposed to non-violent rape?

It´s pretty easy to understand: You can rape someone when he/she is drunk, asleep without having to use violence. Also, any event of sex with a minor is non-violent rape, if it indeed wasn´t forced. As opposed to the stereotypical image of rape, where a guy waits in a dark alley and pulls his victim into the darkness and all.

Jake. said:
sennorin is the creepiest du in the history of gaf by a mile.

If it´s creepy to defend innocent people, thanks, I´ll take that as a compliment.

Neo C.

It can be a sexual orientation, it can be a disorder.

It's the society though which defines what is allowed and what not. I wouldn't be surprised if the future generations were fare more relaxed or much harsher in regards of pedophilia. I don't know which direction we are heading now.

okdakor

Sennorin said:
If it´s creepy to defend innocent people, thanks, I´ll take that as a compliment.

I also find creepy that you regularly think about rape, that you also think that 90% of the male population shares your fantasy and that you want good pedos to have real dolls based on kids

Qwomo

At this point Sennorin is just defending pedophiles because he enjoys the attention and name recognition he gets around the forum.

Pollux

Sennorin said:
It´s pretty easy to understand: You can rape someone when he/she is drunk, asleep without having to use violence. Also, any event of sex with a minor is non-violent rape, if it indeed wasn´t forced. As opposed to the stereotypical image of rape, where a guy waits in a dark alley and pulls his victim into the darkness and all.

But the fact is it is still all about power. There is no way for adults-children to have a consensual relationship. The adult is ALWAYS going to be the one grooming the child, taking advantage of the child, and then when the child becomes an adult? the pedophile will just look for younger pastures.

Londa

Banned
Sennorin said:

Pedophiles who (in your opinion) rape with only loving intent in mind are not innocent and should be in jail for the rest of their lives.

I hope the police arrest you before you decide to only love-rape your daughter.

I think its disgusting to even try to paint child rape as harmless or not as bad as violent rape. Wtf all child rape is violent to a child, mentally and physically. Child rape can forever effect a person even well into adulthood.

Pollux

Londa said:
Pedophiles who (in your opinion) rape with only loving intent in mind are not innocent and should be in jail for the rest of their lives.

I think its disgusting to even try to paint child rape as harmless or not as bad as violent rape. Wtf all child rape is violent to a child, mentally and physically. Child rape can forever effect a person even well into adulthood.
well said.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Londa said:

Hey, to be fair, Sennorin would only have sex with his daughter to prevent her from having a normal, healthy sexual relationship with any other man.

dude

dude
Technically, all "sexual orientations" that are not vaginal sex for the porpuse of reproduction" are "disorders".
Are pedophiles born this way? maybe, there are probably some genes that can certainly effect a person to be attracted to something. Does that mean they can't resist those urges? I don't think so - Sexuallity is mostly mental, if you try hard enough you can direct your urges in a way that's different than what you're inclined to - most people just have no reason to do it.

As I said in some old thread on the subject - I have a few friends who used to be "pedophiles" - in the sense that they were attracted to children, not in the criminal sense (which is the only sense that word should exist though). They're both in a relationship right now - with adults. It's not that they're not attracted to children anymore - You can't just find something not attractive - but they've learned to find the stuff they find as attractive in adults.

Izayoi

Banned
I am rather disappointed that so many people here seem to encourage the punishment of thought crime. That's a rather dangerous road to walk down, regardless of the "crime" committed.

Uchip

Banned
Izayoi said:
I am rather disappointed that so many people here seem to encourage the punishment of thought crime. That's a rather dangerous road to walk down, regardless of the "crime" committed.

its probably a good thing that people feel this strongly about it

Orayn

Bulbo Urethral Baggins said:
ha ha. Look below you.
You know, I originally wanted to throw in a half-joking "...Except maybe Sennorin." when I was first making that post, but I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. And then this happened.

Diablos

I cannot understand how it could be defined as one's sexual orientation. Doesn't make any sense to me. It's a disorder.

Homosexuality may not be "natural" but it's between two consenting adults that have a general sense of right and wrong and have some level of sexual attraction to each other.

Children have no concept of adults who are pedophiles being sexually attracted to them, and if an adult were to act on their urges, that child sadly becomes a victim. They are being tricked and/or forced into doing something that they cannot even fully comprehend.

I think homosexuality and pedophilia are equal in that the person has no choice in the matter.
Same with being straight.

You're attracted to what you're attracted to, and there's no way to change that.

And it's not their fault, if you're born that way....well, you got dealt a bad hand.

However, like all conditions, some are easier to accept in society than others. That is, it's easy to accept homosexuality because no one get hurt.

IE: if you're born with an extra toe, life goes on.
if you're born with a foot coming out of your head or other terrifying deformities, well, society won't really be comfortable with you walking around the mall.

Is it fair? No. But it is what it is.

dude

dude
Diablos said:
I cannot understand how it could be defined as one's sexual orientation. Doesn't make any sense to me. It's a disorder.
If the difference between the two is the ability to act on your whims, I agree. Otherwise - It's as much a "sexual orientation" as anything else you might call a "sexual orientation".

Gaborn said:
Good because they're not. Homosexuality is a sexual orientation. Pedophilia is a paraphilia. Homosexuality is comparable to heterosexuality, pedophilia is not.
While that's true today, just in 1972 homosexuality was still in the list of paraphilias. According to Wikipedia - paraphilia "is a biomedical term used to describe sexual arousal to objects, situations, or individuals that are not part of normative stimulation and that may cause distress or serious problems for the paraphiliac or persons associated with him or her." - Many could say that still appliesfor homosexuality. I mean, many homosexual suffer from much distress and problems due to their sexuality, and we're still far from the point at which homosexuality is normative (though we're getting there.)
The real difference is that homosexuals have a way that is both legal and moral to achieve sexual gratification, while pedophiles usually don't (for a good reason - I am not preaching the legality of a relationship between child and adult.)

Uchip

Banned
Izayoi said:
You're saying that it's a good thing for people to want to punish thought crime?

im saying that having a strong sense of disgust for the act is better than not
if you read my earlier post i said that thought crime shouldn't be punishable, but having those thoughts should be enough to get your hard drive scanned

Diablos

Sexual orientation implies the gender you are attracted to. Age, I would think, is only subjective assuming it implied people who are sexually mature, not young teens, preteens or even younger than that.

Oh wow, this thread is in deep - little late too put in my two cents. But I'll do it anyways.

I feel ephebophilia is a preference/orientation - liking females 14+ (post pubescent). Because like it or not, it was the norm up into the 18th-19th(?) century. And I feel that it is still wildly in our gene's. And at that age it was common to make them the child bearers, due to their bodies being more fertile and less likely for miscarriages. Although, I think now that we have the age raised to 16-18+, we can't go back due to society manipulating maturity (because of that standard). And NOW at that age, they are unable to handle such complex issues.

But I do think pedophilia is a disorder and probably stim's from childhood experiences/trauma. Or just the urge to do the taboo ect.

Uchip

Banned
Darknessbear said:
Oh wow, this thread is in deep - little late too put in my two cents. But I'll do it anyways.

I feel ephebophilia is a preference/orientation - liking females 14+ (post pubescent). Because like it or not, it was the norm up into the 18th-19th(?) century. And I feel that it is still wildly in our gene's. And at that age it was common to make them the child bearers, due to their bodies being more fertile and less likely for miscarriages. Although, I think now that we have the age raised to 16-18+, we can't go back due to society manipulating maturity (because of that standard). And NOW at that age, they are unable to handle such complex issues.

But I do think pedophilia is a disorder and probably stim's from childhood experiences/trauma. Or just the urge to do the taboo ect.

the life expectency was also much lower in the past
and ephebophilia implies they haven't actually completed developing, so you are wrong in assuming that its the most beneficial time for child birth

Izayoi

Banned
Uchip said:
im saying that having a strong sense of disgust for the act is better than not
That's fine.

Uchip said:
if you read my earlier post i said that thought crime shouldn't be punishable, but having those thoughts should be enough to get your hard drive scanned
That's a contradiction. You are punishing the thought crime by subjecting a person to search and seizure.

Darknessbear said:

This brings up a point that a problem is that society has pushed everything under the same term.

Theres a huge difference between being attracted to a 5 year old and a 15 year old....but a person who does anything with either = pedophile.

Likewise with CP. I think it's an insult to 5 year old victims when someone is charged with CP for filming their 17yo GF.

Uchip said:
the life expectency was also much lower in the past
and ephebophilia implies they haven't actually completed developing, so you are wrong in assuming that its the most beneficial time for child birth
It was not too much lower in the 18th century. And it was common for a man say, in his 50's to have a wife near his age and a "mistress" teenage girl to have children with. And that still happens in some parts of the world. And from what I hear, once a girl begins menstruating she is fertile and extremely prone to getting pregnant. Thus why most teen pregnancies happen after 1 time w/out protection.

dude

dude
jamesinclair said:
This brings up a point that a problem is that society has pushed everything under the same term.

Theres a huge difference between being attracted to a 5 year old and a 15 year old....but a person who does anything with either = pedophile.

Likewise with CP. I think it's an insult to 5 year old victims when someone is charged with CP for filming their 17yo GF.
Legally speaking, what is the difference?
The only difference is that you find one of them more disgusting than the other. Which in legal terms, doesn't mean anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom