Pelosi appears to take new jab at Ocasio-Cortez, says ‘a glass of water’ with a ‘D’ could win their districts

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Not sure what is going on on GAF but no AOC thread? I can't let that stand and I know @JareBear needs his AOC injection

Pelosi appears to take new jab at Ocasio-Cortez, says ‘a glass of water’ with a ‘D’ could win their districts

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., on Monday made a point to heap more praise on Democrats who flipped Republican seats in the 2018 midterms and downplayed representatives like herself and freshman Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., who carried districts where a "glass of water" with a "D" next to it could win.

“When we won this election, it wasn’t in districts like mine or Alexandria’s,” Pelosi said. “he’s a wonderful member of Congress as I think all of our colleagues will attest. But those are districts that are solidly Democratic.”

To drive the point home she picked up a water glass next to her and said: “This glass of water would win with a ‘D’ next to its name in those districts.”

Pelosi, who is traveling in Europe with a congressional delegation this week, made the comments during an appearance before the London School of Economics and Political Science.

Pelosi’s comment appeared to be her latest attempt to play down the influence of the Democrats’ progressive wing. During a Sunday interview with CBS News’ Lesley Stahl on “60 Minutes,” Pelosi said that faction was “like five people.”
I wonder if this is considered incitment to violence? We all know the dangers (and racism) of water.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cybrwzrd

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
Fuel for her centrist fans and donors

She said it herself, Pelosi could run a glass of water with D next to it and it would win her seat. So she has no reason to appeal to anyone other than her donors. Hence this “don’t worry, centrists have it all under control” talk.

JareBear

Gold Member
Nov 5, 2016
I don't care where (just far)
In troubled times like these, where my Queen is under duress from all our enemies, I turn to the immortal words of my favorite scholar and poet, Blade. You may also know him as Daywalker.

Sir Blade once said, and I quote, “some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill.”

Nancy, it must be lonely trying to skate up that hill, with your dull blades wavering.

With that, Iower my iPhone and raise my glass to AOC, the queen of the north! The queen of the north! The queen of the north!

My watch has just begun.

(Sorry I’m doing a GoT series binge through right now. Got GoT in my brain nonstop)

Last edited:

Liberty4all

Nov 11, 2007
I'm not a Pelosi fan but I don't think it's wise for a Democrat to cross her.

Letthemfight.gif

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
No Pelosi, she is dumber than a sack of potatoes with a D pinned to it. Get the joke right or stop trying to copy me.

Beerman462

Aug 12, 2011
She said this about herself too.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., on Monday made a point to heap more praise on Democrats who flipped Republican seats in the 2018 midterms and downplayed representatives like herself and freshman Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., who carried districts where a "glass of water" with a "D" next to it could win.
“When we won this election, it wasn’t in districts like mine or Alexandria’s,” Pelosi said. “she’s a wonderful member of Congress as I think all of our colleagues will attest. But those are districts that are solidly Democratic.”
If you watch the video, she goes on to praise them, but the whole point was to call attention to the 43 districts that were close. She thinks that's more worthy of attention than AOC and she's right.

Last edited:

HenkDV

Aug 11, 2018
Didn’t AOC beat a guy who had been in the seat for many years?
The point is that the district leans very much Democratic, not that AOC didn't do a great job winning it.
And like just mentioned above Pelosi also said the same about her own district.

Neat headline tho