• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Pelosi Doesn't Rule Out Impeaching Trump to Stop Him From Replacing RBG

ManaByte

Gold Member
Jun 10, 2004
California
manabyte.com
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi paid tribute to the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sunday, calling her a "powerful, brilliant brain on the court" in an appearance on ABC's "This Week," while refusing to take another impeachment inquiry off the table in order to block President Donald Trump's upcoming nominee to the Supreme Court.

Sure, just hand him the election you fucking idiot.

Last edited:

Arkam

Jan 21, 2012
Here, Now and maybe later
I read this too and laughed for a good minute and a half. Actually saying that you are willing to abuse your position to see that the opposing party does not act reasonably in their own interest!?! HA!

For their sake I hope that the impeachment would at least be COVID related... cuz that would not be a good look with 2 impeachment during a pandemic. Though doing that would actually be indicting themselves for previously focusing on IMpeachment instead of COVID response...... so in that case, yes Crazy Nancy, you should impeach him again.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
Feb 21, 2018
There’s tons of precedent for nominations during an election year. They have no leg to stand on.

I dont think it matters. They have thr house so its just a stall tactic. Tie up the senate until after the election.

They are going to work harder and put more effort into stopping this legal and normal procedure then they have putting through the last stimulus package and getting money out to people suffering.

Shows where their priorities are.

dave_d

Jan 31, 2005
Wait, how would that even work? I mean in theory the president nominates a justice, it goes to the senate for hearings and questioning and then a vote in the senate. They could do all of that independent of what the house is doing. Admittedly it looks now that 3 republicans in the senate are putting the brakes on this so probably nothing will get done.

OutRun88

Jun 12, 2020
This makes Trump’s impeachment even more of a sham as Peolsi’s threat shows that she is willing to use impeachment as a mere political tool. I didn’t think she could sink any lower after weeks of public humiliations and gaffes.
100% this.

They'll impeach him for doing something he is allowed to do, just because they don't like his selection. What in the actual fuck is wrong with our politicians.

Reactions: Arkam

DESTROYA

Jan 1, 2011
USA
What are they going to try to impeach with this time ? Winning ?

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
Trump needs a strategic pick that plays to his supporters while also humiliating all the idiots who think any pick would attack abortion rights or gay marriage.

We need a strong Libertarian-type justice, one with a 2nd Amendment focus. That way Dems lose the issues they are fearmongering over and go back to their unpopular attempts to attack the 2A. Trump needs to deflate this soon so Dems lose a rallying point.

And if they try to impeach him over it, Mitch can always delay impeachment until after the confirmation anyway. That would be fucking funny.

diffusionx

Feb 25, 2006
Trump needs a strategic pick that plays to his supporters while also humiliating all the idiots who think any pick would attack abortion rights or gay marriage.

We need a strong Libertarian-type justice, one with a 2nd Amendment focus. That way Dems lose the issues they are fearmongering over and go back to their unpopular attempts to attack the 2A. Trump needs to deflate this soon so Dems lose a rallying point.

And if they try to impeach him over it, Mitch can always delay impeachment until after the confirmation anyway. That would be fucking funny.

He should also pick a judge that the Senate confirmed to an appellate court relatively recently - the homework has already been done and the Senate has already said he is ok. That way you won’t see cucks on the right try to delay it the way Jeff Flake did with the last guy.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: infinitys_7th

ManaByte

Gold Member
Jun 10, 2004
California
manabyte.com
He should also pick a judge that the Senate confirmed to an appellate court relatively recently - the homework has already been done and the Senate has already said he is ok. That way you won’t see cucks on the right try to delay it the way Jeff Flake did with the last guy.

Amy Coney Barrett was approved by the Senate in 2017 with three Dems voting for her.

Raven117

Oct 5, 2015
Another layer.... our leaders have failed us in so many ways that it’s incalculable at this point.

Last edited:

Mista K

Oct 5, 2010
U.S.
This bitch needs to go.

I hope you will applaud in the future if Republicans decide to impeach future Democrats on a whim
I cannot recall the amount of animosity a duly elected president has gotten of this magnitude going into office. We all knew the impeachment was bullshit, and it was proven to be so. If the shoe were on the other foot, I'd still be against it. The hostility and disrespect of democrats was abundantly clear in the Judiciary Committee Hearing with Barr as well

Reactions: Cravis

Raven117

Oct 5, 2015
How is this any different from what McConnell is doing though? Just using tools to get the most benefit to the party.
You know how this is different. And if you don’t; then it’s not your fault, it’s our leaders who have taken a very serious mechanism to remove a duly elected politician (and thus negating a vote is the people) and made it a political tool. That was never the intention and is an affront to actual democracy.

McConnell used the powers of the senate as the republicans controlled the senate. He puts things up for voting. An impeachment, while in the purview of the house, must impeach if it’s a high crime and misdemeanor. Trump is appointing a judge within his power. That means the house would be bringing false charges because.... well.... they don’t like it. This would be if the Republican House impeached Obama because they didn’t like his EO on immigration.

This is NOT how it’s done. It’s silly. Stupid. And hurts all of us.

BouncyFrag

Feb 10, 2014
As awful as the left is acting about filling RGB’s seat (threatening riots, burning congress down, impeachment, etc), know that this is their worst nightmare.

We are about to have a national conversation about abortion as a new justice could affect Roe v Wade. The democrat stance of late term abortion amounts to infanticide. Planned Parenthood has also been selling aborted baby parts. We are turning into China. I don’t think most Americans would look kindly on this and I doubt they even know about it.

It will also shine a light onto how African American babies are disproportionately aborted more than any other group, and that this is done by design.

Keep it coming Pelosi. In the past most republicans would just roll over and beg for forgiveness in this fight. No more.

cryptoadam

Banned
Feb 21, 2018
So if FB/Twitter/Google all ban any discussion of the SC seat, the voting process, the person getting voted in, did it actually happen?

Social media will probably just ban all talk, legacy media will not cover it, and then they will just pretend it never happened LOL.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009
She is a broken lady. Even if they impeach him McConnell will just laugh and they’ll probably piss off a lot of people with another impeachment. Plus you shouldn’t impeach someone for doing their duty.

Chris Coons said in an interview today the Republicans are fully in charge of what happens when he was asked if Democrats could stop this. It sounds like they know they have no real way of stopping this.

Dec 4, 2019
Left pulling all possible tricks to get their way.

None of those tricks will be 'the best for the people' I'm afaid.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2018
How is this any different from what McConnell is doing though? Just using tools to get the most benefit to the party.
Completely lying is fine. Integrity is not a factor. Norms don't matter. It's not against the rules to use whatever means you can to obstruct the president with divided branches of government.

Unless it's the democrats doing it. Then invert everything I just said.

• LOL
Reactions: Shaqazooloo

cryptoadam

Banned
Feb 21, 2018
Well according to Biden 200 million people died because of Trumps handling of COVID so maybe they will get him with that.

Reactions: OmegaSupreme

Sign

Jun 4, 2012
Completely lying is fine. Integrity is not a factor. Norms don't matter. It's not against the rules to use whatever means you can to obstruct the president with divided branches of government.

Unless it's the democrats doing it. Then invert everything I just said.

The Biden rule is the norm, though. And it doesn’t apply here.