• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pelosi finally reveals when she will send the Articles o Impeachment to the Senate.

Afro Republican

GAF>INTERNET>GAF, BITCHES
Aug 24, 2016
Following a meeting with her caucus on Tuesday, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced that the House will vote on a resolution to release the articles of impeachment against President Trump on Wednesday. The resolution will also consider who they should designate as impeachment managers.

Asked who he'd like to see as the designated managers, Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-VA) told Fox News reporter Chad Pergram he just wants, "good people."

The House passed the two articles, abuse of power and obstruction of Congress, last month. Pelosi held them hostage for weeks and would continue to do so until Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell agreed to their demands. Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer told McConnell he wanted four more witnesses and additional documents from the White House before the Senate proceeded on a trial.
I told people here the belief that she was holding the articles to get Sanders didn't make sense, she had a time limit and held them to early as all the primary votes pick up in February.

So it seems that tomorrow is the big day, sadly there are a couple of RINOS that won't vote for immediate dismissal but we all know nothing happened despite what some people like Hotspurr Hotspurr might say. All the hearsay evidence is not admissible in Senate court.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Vote tomorrow, stall some more, weekend comes, articles get there on monday. Iowa caucus is on Feb 3rd. Unless you think the trial will end in 2 weeks Bernie and Warren will be stuck behind a desk during them on Feb 3rd.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: infinitys_7th

Cravis

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2006
I’m glad they are not going to vote for dismissal. The Senate needs to scrutinize the hell out of the evidence and just destroy the Dems by showing how flimsy the crap is they are sending

Afro Republican

Aug 24, 2016
Vote tomorrow, stall some more, weekend comes, articles get there on monday. Iowa caucus is on Feb 3rd. Unless you think the trial will end in 2 weeks Bernie and Warren will be stuck behind a desk during them on Feb 3rd.
The trial is going to start this month, I don't know what you're talking about.

Hotspurr

Jan 27, 2018

I told people here the belief that she was holding the articles to get Sanders didn't make sense, she had a time limit and held them to early as all the primary votes pick up in February.

So it seems that tomorrow is the big day, sadly there are a couple of RINOS that won't vote for immediate dismissal but we all know nothing happened despite what some people like Hotspurr Hotspurr might say. All the hearsay evidence is not admissible in Senate court.

Just so you're aware, any evidence outside of court and not under oath is "hearsay" lol.
But I'm glad you premptively defended the orange man, I'll be sure to post all the "hearsay" evidence again when the time comes so folks who haven't got up to speed can. You'll still be able to defend your guy, no worries :messenger_tears_of_joy:

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
The trial is going to start this month, I don't know what you're talking about.
The Iowa caucuses are biennial electoral events for members of the Democratic and Republican parties in the U.S. state of Iowa. Unlike primary elections in most other U.S. states where registered voters go to polling places to cast ballots, Iowans instead gather at local caucus meetings to discuss and vote on the candidates. During both the presidential and midterm election seasons, registered Iowan voters vote in a per-precinct caucus for the party of which they are registered as a member.[1] The caucuses are also held to select delegates to county conventions and party committees, among other party activities.[2]

The Iowa caucuses are noteworthy as the first major contest of the United States presidential primary season.[3] Though the demographics of Iowa are not representative of the rest of the country, the caucuses are still seen as a strong indicator for how a presidential candidate will do in later contests. They can provide candidates with momentum going into the following contests. Candidates who do poorly in their caucus are likely to drop out in the following days.[4] The 2020 presidential caucuses are tentatively scheduled for February 3, 2020.
[5]

Iowa caucus is Feb 3rd, thats about 2.5 weeks away. Its not the entire election but as you know its a pretty big milestone.

Unless the trial ends before Feb 3rd, Warren and Bernie are going to be stuck in Washington while the Iowa caucus is going on. Bernie is leading in Iowa (all though Politico just published an article saying Biden is back in the lead) as of 2 days ago.

So if Bernie isn't in Iowa that helps Biden.

Afro Republican

Aug 24, 2016
The Iowa caucuses are biennial electoral events for members of the Democratic and Republican parties in the U.S. state of Iowa. Unlike primary elections in most other U.S. states where registered voters go to polling places to cast ballots, Iowans instead gather at local caucus meetings to discuss and vote on the candidates. During both the presidential and midterm election seasons, registered Iowan voters vote in a per-precinct caucus for the party of which they are registered as a member.[1] The caucuses are also held to select delegates to county conventions and party committees, among other party activities.[2]

The Iowa caucuses are noteworthy as the first major contest of the United States presidential primary season.[3] Though the demographics of Iowa are not representative of the rest of the country, the caucuses are still seen as a strong indicator for how a presidential candidate will do in later contests. They can provide candidates with momentum going into the following contests. Candidates who do poorly in their caucus are likely to drop out in the following days.[4] The 2020 presidential caucuses are tentatively scheduled for February 3, 2020.
[5]

Iowa caucus is Feb 3rd, thats about 2.5 weeks away. Its not the entire election but as you know its a pretty big milestone.

Unless the trial ends before Feb 3rd, Warren and Bernie are going to be stuck in Washington while the Iowa caucus is going on. Bernie is leading in Iowa (all though Politico just published an article saying Biden is back in the lead) as of 2 days ago.

So if Bernie isn't in Iowa that helps Biden.
Oh wow Bernie won't be in Iowa for one day? oh noe.

The trial will start this month and likely will be over by February if not before, plenty of time to campaign. This coming Monday is the 20th, by then the trial starts, and it will be over likely within the 10 days before February. At worst it will end at the start of February.

That's not a big deal if Bernie campaigns there and only misses one day. Feburary has several more states voting and 3 debates, you are making this a much bigger issue than it really is.

Bernie has more important things to worry about, like Warren throwing him under the bus.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Oh wow Bernie won't be in Iowa for one day? oh noe.

The trial will start this month and likely will be over by February if not before, plenty of time to campaign. This coming Monday is the 20th, by then the trial starts, and it will be over likely within the 10 days before February. At worst it will end at the start of February.

That's not a big deal if Bernie campaigns there and only misses one day. Feburary has several more states voting and 3 debates, you are making this a much bigger issue than it really is.

Bernie has more important things to worry about, like Warren throwing him under the bus.
The trial won't end before Feb, I think it gets dragged out for a few weeks. Shcumy will as minority leader will try to stall and push the whole "fair trial" bull crap to drag this out even longer.

Look I aint saying the Dems have a smart plan and this wasn't my theory. Sen McCarthy said it and it does make sense knowing the Dems. In 2016 they screwed Bernie. So to me it makes sense that they would want to keep Bernie off the campaign trail as much as possible, especially hitting him at Iowa.

If Bernie took Iowa that would give him a ton of momentum and would make other voters think its an early indicator of his popularity and possibly rally the Dems around him.

Again I am not saying this plan is good, Dems are not known for their brilliance. But it does make sense to me that Pelosi would stall this to hurt Bernie and help Biden. After 2016 you don't think its possible? And now with this Warren story leaking out. Clearly Bernie isn't well liked in the DNC.

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
Just so you're aware, any evidence outside of court and not under oath is "hearsay" lol.
But I'm glad you premptively defended the orange man, I'll be sure to post all the "hearsay" evidence again when the time comes so folks who haven't got up to speed can. You'll still be able to defend your guy, no worries :messenger_tears_of_joy:
You’re still rooting for this sham despite it blowing up in your face...

Afro Republican

Aug 24, 2016
The trial won't end before Feb, I think it gets dragged out for a few weeks. Shcumy will as minority leader will try to stall and push the whole "fair trial" bull crap to drag this out even longer.
The Senate doesn't work that way, Schumer can't drag out something he doesn't have the votes to control.

Let's assume the Senate gets the articles this week which seems to be the plan, and let's say the trial starts next Tuesday or Wednesday, resolutions have already been signed to get the show on the road as fast as possible and end the trial as soon as possible, Shumer can't do a single thing to delay anything unless there are more RINOS in the senate than previously though.

The only thing that this may drag this on is if they decided to call witnesses and Schumer convinced enough republicans to a longer schedule and that's just not happening.

So to me it makes sense that they would want to keep Bernie off the campaign trail as much as possible, especially hitting him at Iowa.
The fact they will get the articles this week or early next week completely makes this belief completely nonsense. Pelosi has a time limit and co no longer indefinitely hold the articles, when it gets tot he Senate Schumer has no power or votes to delay further, best case scenario they take Bernie out of the campaign trail for a short time right as Iowa votes well after his campaigning is mostly done and it won't go any further into February.

Last edited:

Hotspurr

Jan 27, 2018
So a video recording of someone robbing a bank that wasn't revealed in court initially is hearsay evidence now?
I don't know about videos, but hearsay refers to things that are said. I mean you could just use the internet to look up the legal definition of hearsay and that might allow you to have more inner peace and less frustrated outbursts.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
The Senate doesn't work that way, Schumer can't drag out something he doesn't have the votes to control.

Let's assume the Senate gets the articles this week which seems to be the plan, and let's say the trial starts next Tuesday or Wednesday, resolutions have already been signed to get the show on the road as fast as possible and end the trial as soon as possible, Shumer can't do a single thing to delay anything unless there are more RINOS in the senate than previously though.

The only thing that this may drag this on is if they decided to call witnesses and Schumer convinced enough republicans to a longer schedule and that's just not happening.
Like I said it may not have been a good plan, again its the Dems with this plan. Pelosi probably hoped she could stall even more and that Schumy could muster something up. She probably also thought that Mitch would cave some what.

Its just not out of the realm of possibility that Pelosi was stalling to try and keep Bernie off the campaign trail. Its been floated on here before.

Even if this goes quickly in the Senate I still think it will take longer than 2.5 weeks.

Afro Republican

Aug 24, 2016
I don't know about videos, but hearsay refers to things that are said. I mean you could just use the internet to look up the legal definition of hearsay and that might allow you to have more inner peace and less frustrated outbursts.
See this is the problem though, I actually know what Hearsay is, know that it's different depending on the court, and know what it actually means. You're the one who doesn't know what Hearsay is, yet you are telling me to look up a word you have no knowledge of outside CNN talking points?

Laughable.

You also didn't challenge the facts so I assume you agree with them, that Hearsay evidence, the evidence you defended tooth and nail in various threads, can't be used in the Senate trial. Sorry.

Hotspurr

Jan 27, 2018
See this is the problem though, I actually know what Hearsay is, know that it's different depending on the court, and know what it actually means. You're the one who doesn't know what Hearsay is, yet you are telling me to look up a word you have no knowledge of outside CNN talking points?

Laughable.

You also didn't challenge the facts so I assume you agree with them, that Hearsay evidence, the evidence you defended tooth and nail in various threads, can't be used in the Senate trial. Sorry.
No need to get defensive. I'm sure you knew the definition you just misspoke. :messenger_winking:

We should note that Sondland being told by Trump that he only wanted investigations and didn't care about Ukraine in exchange for white house meeting is not hearsay. This was said by Sondland under oath. What you can't claim is that Trump actually meant it unless he testifies. In other words, the accounts of any testimony are valid, but they cannot be used to asses whether the individuals in question meant what they said unless you drag them in front of the court and ask them. Eg. If Trump said in public "I wanted to pressure Ukraine for personal gain" that too would be hearsay, as it wasn't under oath.

Conveniently for Trump, he has been able to block every single first hand account save for one. So if you want a proper trial, you need the right witnesses. If one wants to be a Trump cuck they may choose to label everything as hearsay and support the Senate not calling witnesses. It all depends on how much you like the color orange.

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
They could have fast tracked the conflict over executive privilege to the Supreme court in the amount of time it took to hold the articles with this stupid stunt. They probably would have won on some documents but they would not have gotten witnesses out of the executive branch. The president is allowed to have advisors and these advisors are given the same kind of power as attorney client privileges.

Afro Republican

Aug 24, 2016
Conveniently for Trump, he has been able to block every single first hand account save for one.
I barely skimmed through your post but saw this.

So you have given up and admitted there weren't ever any first hand witnesses despite all those threads of you arguing that most of the witnesses were first hand? Good to see you have finally snapped out of it. You make me so proud.

• LOL
Reactions: Dargor

Hotspurr

Jan 27, 2018
I barely skimmed through your post but saw this.

So you have given up and admitted there weren't ever any first hand witnesses despite all those threads of you arguing that most of the witnesses were first hand? Good to see you have finally snapped out of it. You make me so proud.
Find me those posts/comments where I calmed that "most" people who gave testimony were first hand. Otherwise stop making things up just because you're embarrassed and this is your way of retaliating.

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
I just realized that the stall may have been intentional (in part) to stall Bernie during the early caucuses and primaries, given that decent report about Dems wanting him to leave the race.

They might even try to blame it on Republicans with this. Pelosi is more clever than a lot of people give her credit for.

Reactions: cryptoadam

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
I just realized that the stall may have been intentional (in part) to stall Bernie during the early caucuses and primaries, given that decent report about Dems wanting him to leave the race.

They might even try to blame it on Republicans with this. Pelosi is more clever than a lot of people give her credit for.
She is not clever, since we can easily pick up on the bullshit. She just has the power of the establishment controlling the narrative.