• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pentagon Formally Releases 3 Navy Videos Showing 'Unidentified Aerial Phenomena' (also known as UFOs)

llien

The Pentagon on Monday formally released three unclassified videos taken by Navy pilots that have circulated for years showing interactions with "unidentified aerial phenomena." CBS News reports: One of the videos shows an incident from 2004, and the other two were recorded in January 2015, according to Sue Gough, a Defense Department spokeswoman. The 2004 incident occurred about 100 miles out in the Pacific, according to The New York Times, which first reported on the video in 2017. Two fighter pilots on a routine training mission were dispatched to investigate unidentified aircraft that a Navy cruiser had been tracking for weeks. The Navy pilots found an oblong object about 40 feet long hovering about 50 feet above the water, and it began a rapid ascent as the pilots approached before quickly flying away. "It accelerated like nothing I've ever seen," one of the pilots told The Times. The pilots left the area to meet at a rendezvous point about 60 miles away. When they were still about 40 miles out, the ship radioed and said the object was at the rendezvous point, having traversed the distance "in less than a minute," the pilot told The Times.

The two other videos of incidents in 2015 include footage of objects moving rapidly through the air. In one, an object is seen racing through the sky and begins rotating in midair. Five Navy pilots who spotted the objects in 2015 told The Times in 2017 that they had a series of interactions with unidentified aircraft during training missions in 2014 and 2015 along the East Coast from Virginia to Florida. The episodes prompted the Navy to clarify how pilots should report experiences with "unidentified aerial phenomena," which had been studied under a Pentagon program from 2007 to 2012.

Some batshit crazy stuff:
December 4th, 2018. The USPTO issues a mysterious patent to the Navy for a hybrid aerospace/undersea craft, capable of extreme speeds in water, air and space. It takes advantage of a quantum mechanics concept once thought impossible: manipulating microscopic fluctuations always present in the vacuum of empty space, quantum vacuum fluctuations and Casimir force.

Link to the patent itself, US10144532B2

Relevant Joe Rogan's podcast:
Commander David Fravor is a retired US Navy pilot, who has a close encounter in 2004 with the so-called Tic Tac UFO. He's not a nut (though the Corbell guy is).

And another one, with Bob Lazar (and, unfortunately the Corbell weirdo) a man who "worked in the secret testing grounds in Nevada back in the 80s".

And for naysayers:, to spoil the fun, the videos have been analysed using basic observation skills and mathematics - and these are "likely two airplanes and a weather balloon."

Last edited:
Two airplanes and a weather balloon.....piloted by Aliens.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
When they were still about 40 miles out, the ship radioed and said the object was at the rendezvous point, having traversed the distance "in less than a minute"

And for naysayers:, to spoil the fun, the videos have been analysed using basic observation skills and mathematics - and these are "likely two airplanes and a weather balloon."

Basic observation skills my ass. They just ignore anything that doesn't fit their narrative.

I'd love to see the plane or weather balloon that can go from stationary to Mach 3 to stationary in a minute as tracked visually and by radar.

StormCell

I feel like the US is playing dumb here... Or else everybody should be freaking the fuck out

These are basically the same people in charge of our lock down who can't provide us with time tables or data milestones for opening back up. They are shooting from the hip to handle this pandemic.

StormCell

Basic observation skills my ass. They just ignore anything that doesn't fit their narrative.

I'd love to see the plane or weather balloon that can go from stationary to Mach 3 to stationary in a minute as tracked visually and by radar.

I think the most interesting detail of that story is the object turning up at the rendezvous point. If it's not ours, then they intercepted our communications and wanted a second interaction with us -- basically, oh shit, they're playing with us. If it is ours, then it makes sense for the object to know the rendezvous point and of course it would turn up there before the fighters can even adjust course to get there -- makes for a nice demonstration to high command, I guess.

Gonna tie it all to covid somehow? Mass fear & panic? Hopes of making us into even more milquetoast pathetic as a collective populace than we already are.

These are basically the same people in charge of our lock down who can't provide us with time tables or data milestones for opening back up. They are shooting from the hip to handle this pandemic.
The people dealing with this suff are the high level generals in the various branches of the military and even then they use compartmentalization. Honestly, I doubt that Trump even knows much outside of what he needs to know.

StormCell

The people dealing with this suff are the high level generals in the various branches of the military and even then they use compartmentalization. Honestly, I doubt that Trump even knows much outside of what he needs to know.

Oh, for sure. The other guy had said that he feels like the US is playing dumb. That, to me, would imply an element of trickery or foolishness. I actually think they're being candid with us. Someone much higher up may have more answers, but for now this is what we have. They're basically saying it's not balloons or other airplanes.

V4skunk

Banned
The Pentagon on Monday formally released three unclassified videos taken by Navy pilots that have circulated for years showing interactions with "unidentified aerial phenomena." CBS News reports: One of the videos shows an incident from 2004, and the other two were recorded in January 2015, according to Sue Gough, a Defense Department spokeswoman. The 2004 incident occurred about 100 miles out in the Pacific, according to The New York Times, which first reported on the video in 2017. Two fighter pilots on a routine training mission were dispatched to investigate unidentified aircraft that a Navy cruiser had been tracking for weeks. The Navy pilots found an oblong object about 40 feet long hovering about 50 feet above the water, and it began a rapid ascent as the pilots approached before quickly flying away. "It accelerated like nothing I've ever seen," one of the pilots told The Times. The pilots left the area to meet at a rendezvous point about 60 miles away. When they were still about 40 miles out, the ship radioed and said the object was at the rendezvous point, having traversed the distance "in less than a minute," the pilot told The Times.

The two other videos of incidents in 2015 include footage of objects moving rapidly through the air. In one, an object is seen racing through the sky and begins rotating in midair. Five Navy pilots who spotted the objects in 2015 told The Times in 2017 that they had a series of interactions with unidentified aircraft during training missions in 2014 and 2015 along the East Coast from Virginia to Florida. The episodes prompted the Navy to clarify how pilots should report experiences with "unidentified aerial phenomena," which had been studied under a Pentagon program from 2007 to 2012.

Some batshit crazy stuff:
December 4th, 2018. The USPTO issues a mysterious patent to the Navy for a hybrid aerospace/undersea craft, capable of extreme speeds in water, air and space. It takes advantage of a quantum mechanics concept once thought impossible: manipulating microscopic fluctuations always present in the vacuum of empty space, quantum vacuum fluctuations and Casimir force.

Link to the patent itself, US10144532B2

Relevant Joe Rogan's podcast:
Commander David Fravor is a retired US Navy pilot, who has a close encounter in 2004 with the so-called Tic Tac UFO. He's not a nut (though the Corbell guy is).

And another one, with Bob Lazar (and, unfortunately the Corbell weirdo) a man who "worked in the secret testing grounds in Nevada back in the 80s".

Op you missed this patent, much more important than the intetial mass reduction device.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Yeah, Mick West douses pretty much any idea that life is anything more than benign phenomena, which is turned into sensationalist tripe. Sorry folks. Ordinary life is very ordinary.

Yeah, Mick West douses pretty much any idea that life is anything more than benign phenomena, which is turned into sensationalist tripe. Sorry folks. Ordinary life is very ordinary.
UFO don't necessarily equate to alien life. What do you think these things are?

I'm not one of those UFO people, but some of this stuff is starting to get pretty hard to deny. I'm starting to lean towards the this is some crazy unknown tech the US (or other) govt has

Thaedolus

Gold Member
UFO don't necessarily equate to alien life. What do you think these things are?

I'm not one of those UFO people, but some of this stuff is starting to get pretty hard to deny. I'm starting to lean towards the this is some crazy unknown tech the US (or other) govt has

Almost certainly artifacts, glare, something else going on that's due to a limitation of technology or our perceptions of what's happening. Lensing, zooming, perspective, shadows, etc. All seem much more reasonable than actual objects defying the laws of physics as we know them.

Almost certainly artifacts, glare, something else going on that's due to a limitation of technology or our perceptions of what's happening. Lensing, zooming, perspective, shadows, etc. All seem much more reasonable than actual objects defying the laws of physics as we know them.
But we're talking about things that show up on radar. I don't know if that can be artifacts or a glare. When you're talking about highly experienced pilots and radar information that's hard to discount. It can no doubt be something else, don't get me wrong - I've just seen a lot of hand waving about these last few videos released by the US government.

pixelation

Yeah... you know more than the experts I am sure. Bamboozled so easily they are.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
But we're talking about things that show up on radar. I don't know if that can be artifacts or a glare. When you're talking about highly experienced pilots and radar information that's hard to discount. It can no doubt be something else, don't get me wrong - I've just seen a lot of hand waving about these last few videos released by the US government.

Radar isn't some magic infallible technology either. When a result is so far out of the norm that you're either left with a) the laws of physics are broken or b) your equipment, personnel, or something else fucked up....you usually go with b. If you've got a UFO video with multiple corroborating sources verifying an object's movements, (i.e. video + radar + eyewitness from multiple sources, each) where there's just no other explanation, I'm all ears. Otherwise I'm going to assume it's something weird to be disregarded, because in real life we see weird shit pop up and disregard it all the time. It's extremely, extremely rare that this is the wrong course of action.

Yeah... you know more than the experts I am sure. Bamboozled so easily they are.

And which experts are these, pray tell, and what's their ratio to other experts saying it's fucking nothing?

Last edited:

StormCell

Radar isn't some magic infallible technology either. When a result is so far out of the norm that you're either left with a) the laws of physics are broken or b) your equipment, personnel, or something else fucked up....you usually go with b. If you've got a UFO video with multiple corroborating sources verifying an object's movements, (i.e. video + radar + eyewitness from multiple sources, each) where there's just no other explanation, I'm all ears. Otherwise I'm going to assume it's something weird to be disregarded, because in real life we see weird shit pop up and disregard it all the time. It's extremely, extremely rare that this is the wrong course of action.

And which experts are these, pray tell, and what's their ratio to other experts saying it's fucking nothing?

A Navy carrier was tracking an unidentified aircraft for weeks. They then dispatched two navy pilots who corroborated the existence of the object that had been appearing on radar. They visually confirmed the object's ascent, and the navy cruiser corroborated this via radar. They then set a rendezvous point for the two fighter pilots to meet back up with the cruiser when the object suddenly appeared on radar at the rendezvous point.

The video has undergone far more scrutiny than you are capable of giving it, and the authority on the video says the object is yet to be identified all but ruling out simple explanations such as artifacts, glare, lens flare, optical illusion, and the like. At this point, acting like the object might not have even been real is just cute.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
A Navy carrier was tracking an unidentified aircraft for weeks. They then dispatched two navy pilots who corroborated the existence of the object that had been appearing on radar. They visually confirmed the object's ascent, and the navy cruiser corroborated this via radar. They then set a rendezvous point for the two fighter pilots to meet back up with the cruiser when the object suddenly appeared on radar at the rendezvous point.

The video has undergone far more scrutiny than you are capable of giving it, and the authority on the video says the object is yet to be identified all but ruling out simple explanations such as artifacts, glare, lens flare, optical illusion, and the like. At this point, acting like the object might not have even been real is just cute.

What do you mean by "real?" Was there really something recorded? Sure. Was it an object? Maybe. Was it definitively something extra terrestrial? Hardly. Did you watch the debunking videos giving plausible explanations for how this could show up? I doubt it.

Why do I doubt it? Because, like I said before, whenever we see something that's so outside the norm that it either breaks the laws of physics or there are real reasons that have been observed in real life that could explain why it's happening, you usually default to reality.

V4skunk

Banned
What do you mean by "real?" Was there really something recorded? Sure. Was it an object? Maybe. Was it definitively something extra terrestrial? Hardly. Did you watch the debunking videos giving plausible explanations for how this could show up? I doubt it.

Why do I doubt it? Because, like I said before, whenever we see something that's so outside the norm that it either breaks the laws of physics or there are real reasons that have been observed in real life that could explain why it's happening, you usually default to reality.
Read the patent I posted further up.
US Navy Gravity wave field generator.
Actually tells you what gravity is and how to make detectable gravity waves in simple lab experiments.
This is the ufo tech.

"Electromagnetic (EM) radiation (caused by accelerating electrically charged objects) when passed through a static magnetic field (of constant magnetic flux density) gives rise to gravitational waves at the same frequency as the EM radiation. This phenomenon is known as the Gertsenshtein Effect and can be utilized for a variety of applications ranging from advanced field propulsion (space drive), to communication through solid objects, as well as asteroid (planetoid) disruption and disintegration (when coupled with high energy electromagnetic field fluctuations)."

"Craft mass reduction effects are achieved by control (coherence) of the collective quantum fluctuations in the Vacuum energy state in the immediate vicinity of the aerospace vehicle/spacecraft's electrified outer mold skin. As a result, extreme craft speeds can be achieved. This concept relates to an EM device which induces vibratory mass/energy fluctuations within a structure, which may or may not be solid in nature (thus generated plasma non-linearities can be considered)."

" These extremely high graviton production rates further show that if multiple HF gravitational waves were to be focused on a particular point in a spacetime locality, they can induce a curvature singularity, namely a highly distorted and disrupted patch of spacetime structure."

" The implications of colliding/focusing HFGWs generated by rapidly accelerated vibration/spin of electrically charged systems can be used in applications of propulsion as well as the extreme disruption of a planetary body (if so desired) since it can be shown that the energy level (gain in potential energy) capable of annihilating a planet such as the Earth is on the order of 1032 Joules (which may be achieved with the concept at hand; Eannihil=(⅗) (GMP 2/RP); MP and RP are the planet mass and radius, respectively). Imagine a plurality of HFGWG devices (a minimum of four modules), aligned around a planetary body or planetoid (asteroid/comet) along a planar axis (four cardinal points). The emitted HFGWs would impinge on each other in such a manner as to severely disrupt the vacuum energy state at a spacetime locality denoting a point of impact (collision of gravitons with gravitons). At this disruption point, energy would be amplified to such a high degree as to generate a spacetime curvature singularity, leading to total destruction of the planetary body or planetoid (which can be an asteroid or comet on an impact trajectory with Earth)."

Last edited:

Revoh

Read the patent I posted further up.
US Navy Gravity wave field generator.
Actually tells you what gravity is and how to make detectable gravity waves in simple lab experiments.
This is the ufo tech.

I'm not smart enough to understand the patent but..., was Bob Lazar right all along? Most of what he said on JRE seems to be what the patent describes.

Whitesnake

Banned
99% sure it’s an experimental military plane, a weather balloon, or maybe that one flat-earther who made homemade rockets faked his own death so he could create higher-tech rockets away from the eyes of the american government.

The world may never know.

V4skunk

Banned
99% sure it’s an experimental military plane, a weather balloon, or maybe that one flat-earther who made homemade rockets faked his own death so he could create higher-tech rockets away from the eyes of the american government.

The world may never know.
Did you even watch the video where the pilot describes what he seen?

MetalAlien

Banned
YAWN! If it ever really happens no one will be debating it. You'll be able to go outside anywhere in the world and just stare at it. Take all the pictures you want. Hell use it as your desktop background.

DeeDogg_

Banned
I feel like the US is playing dumb here... Or else everybody should be freaking the fuck out
Everyone is basically programmed to laugh at anything UFOs. That leads me to think that the Gov knows something otherwise we’d be on high guard for a confirmed military sighting and reporting. It might be secret tech, us from the future, aliens, ancient civilizations, who knows? As long as they don’t cut off my internet I’m fine with it 🤷🏾‍♂️

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Then read the patent I posted.

Bro, my name is on several patents submitted to the US patent office which I’m sure will be never come to fruition. I’ve brainstormed lots of shit that won’t ever be made, but the home base wanted to protect just in case. Patent submissions don’t mean shit.

If you've got a UFO video with multiple corroborating sources verifying an object's movements, (i.e. video + radar + eyewitness from multiple sources, each) where there's just no other explanation,

We have that, and you just suggested that multiple systems malfunctioned at the exact same time to show the exact same phenomenon.

Occam's Razor does not work like that. Just because you do not like the implication does not let you assign probabilities to events.

Was it definitively something extra terrestrial? Hardly.

Stop with the ETH strawmanning. There is no reason to suggest the only options are aliens or equipment malfunction. It could just be a terrestrial craft beyond our contemporary tech.

If what the pilots saw was in no way an optical illusion of any sort, then it’s most certainly an experimental aircraft.

All UFO sightings are either illusions, misunderstandings, or top secret aircraft.

Our aircraft (based off of contemporary tech) can't accelerate like how the pilots and radar observed this craft accelerate. It is not engineerable. No engine could do that, and even if one could any plane would break apart and the pilot would be a jelly pile from the force.

Unless they have inertial dampening, of course. But then if the military had tech like they I feel like it would get leaked beyond some patents. That is world changing tech.

Sakura

Is there video of these events?

Top Bottom