• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

People of Walmart [Potentially NSFW]

Melon

Banned
Those of you that know me fairly well know I enjoy observing bizarre people -- it's my favorite way to kill time, really.

Anyway, this is thread is basically sharing your favorite "People of Walmart" photos

Here's some of mine:

15-people-walmart-wont-believe-actually-exist-01.jpg

original.jpg

people-of-walmart.jpg

2d21ea5f1a5d9b2a4de6c9aeba649ce4.jpg

Santas-Transformation.jpg

Weiji

Banned
It’s rude to take pictures of people in public... but I must admit I find foxman very intriguing...

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned
I appreciate the topic...trust me strange people watching is wonderful. See State Fairs.
But I feel like restricting this to just Walmart would be a disservice....
Look at whats coming up for me in a few weeks (cant wait)
DSC06023.jpg

kunonabi

I worked at walmart for like 4 months and I didnt see anybody that stood out aside from one transgender individual. Yet for everyone else walmart is total crazy town.

Soltype

I worked at walmart for like 4 months and I didnt see anybody that stood out aside from one transgender individual. Yet for everyone else walmart is total crazy town.
Depends on the area, and time of day.I was there for almost 5 years, we got crazies, but it was rarely during the day.The liquor store made it worse.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
the long night is coming, and death comes with it

if we don't band together with these people, we're finished

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I get the OP's point from a distance, these people are either feeling themselves to much or think they're "organic" and didn't ask "why would I go to the store looking like this"? Looking at OP's examples they could obviously just swap out for better clothes.

bronk

Banned
Love this thread. One of my greatest joys in life is people watching. There's definitely some characters where I live. I dont go to Walmart though.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
You know as much as I want to make fun of these people's choice of clothing. The people that take pictures of others only for internet points bugs me. It reminds me of the blog about people eating alone.

Pagusas

Elden Member
You know as much as I want to make fun of these people's choice of clothing. The people that take pictures of others only for internet points bugs me. It reminds me of the blog about people eating alone.

Yeah I can’t help but feel a little disgusted with my self for laughing at these.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I can’t help but feel a little disgusted with my self for laughing at these.
Some of these people are obviously mentally unstable and not just fat either. If anything I'm just saddened this is what the apex predator was reduced to.

DiscoJer

I work at Walmart and 1) is quite common (have a co-worker like that, one time he bent over and exposed himself fully in front of a customer and she had a look of horror on her face that is etched into my mind for eternity), haven't seen 2) or 3), 4) is not uncommon (my store is half rural, half suburban) and I've seen 5) once.

People watching though is something you do to make the day go by quicker.

The saddest ones are the fat blobs with children. They're almost always fat, too. And you want to say "Just put even half the snacks back and you'd lose weight"

And then the elderly people with adult children with mental disabilities. Those are tough.

On the plus side, there's usually 3-5 smoking hot women a shift.

What I also find fascinating is that there are a whole lot of obvious lesbians (and lesbian couples), but not many obviously gay men (or couples).

JSoup

Banned
There are two Walmarts in my city and I never see these 'people of walmart' types.
One is in a poorer area of the city, so lots of panhandlers outside, but it's otherwise just a store.
The other one is a much richer area and again, nothing really strange. Lots of lesbian couples, but I'd hardly consider that strange.

C4lukin2

Banned
Walmart is always a depressing visit.

As far as filling prescriptions though, compared to Walgreens and CVS they are great.

Never much of a line, cheap, and for some reason they are competent in this one area.

But yeah you have to navigate through other people shopping at Walmart. And it feels bad. And it is probably only 10% of people who shop there that are the problem. But yes you run into some awful inconsiderate people every time.

But typically I do not get mad. I just feel a bit sad.

Last edited:
Top Bottom