• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

People Online Are Convinced That Kim Jong-Un Is Using Body Doubles

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
thumbnail

Think the world is a strange and confusing place just now? Well, belt yourself in for this, because loads of people online reckon that North Korean Supreme Leader Kim Jong-Un has been using a body double at a recent engagement.

Right, let's just start at the beginning of this bizarre story, shall we?

Basically, there have been a lot of rumours floating around in recent times that have questioned why we hadn't heard anything from Kim Jong-Un, or seen him recently.

Completely putting aside the fact that the man is the leader of the world's most reclusive nation, it does seem a little unusual that the 36-year-old leader would be so conspicuously absent.

thumbnail

However, he appeared once again in a set of videos and photographs published by the North Korean state-run media last week, as if to deliberately dissuade the rumours of his demise.

This move hasn't exactly stopped the speculation, though. Loads of people reckon that they used someone who just looks a load like him instead of the real Kim.

The rumours themselves are pretty weird.

Some have said that Kim's failure to appear at the birthday celebrations of North Korea's founder Kim Il Sung was down to the fact that he is in a vegetative state after a botched heart surgery, and others say that he's just straight-up dead.

Whilst the media in the country reported on his activities, people started to notice that there were no pictures accompanying these reports.

That prompted people to notice, when some photos were finally announced, that something wasn't quite right about the guy in the pictures.

They reckon that he's got a different face, his hairline isn't the same, and his teeth aren't identical to the 'real' Kim.

Human rights activist Jennifer Zeng got in early, pointing out: "Is the Kim Jong-un appearing on May 1 the real one?,"

She then shared two pictures of the Supreme Leader, one from the latest engagement, and the other from before.

Another person agreed, tweeting: "Have y'all seen the latest pics of Kim Jong Un? He looks slightly different,

"My theory is either that he died and was replaced by a clone/lookalike, or was out of the public eye for so long [because] he was recovering from plastic surgery."

They continued: "His nose seems a little bit more rounded, his hairline looks wider, and he used to have WAY more wrinkles around the eyes when he smiled,

"The hairline may just be receding or a fresh new haircut, but the smoother eyes and slightly different nose have me questioning things."

So, this isn't so outlandish, it turns out. In fact, he's known to use body doubles. In 2017, footage emerged that showed him chatting to a few of them, decked out in the same clothing.

That being said, we don't know if this was one, and we know even less about what that actually means for the life of the real Kim.

Amory

idk, what would be the point? if he's dead, he has to be replaced eventually.

and the body double would then be answering to whoever's really in charge right? so why bother?

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
usually i'd call this bullshit but....i actually can't be sure they aren't totally two different people.

"yeah, he's cute but i think he's married to Kim, hehe."

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
So the North Koreans finished watching Weekend At Bernies and then the Dictator auto played on Netflix?

Sure why not, you never know. He could also just used a body double because he is a lazy POS. But it wouldn't surprise me if they have a double until they can "find" his 34 year old son to be the next ruler.

Does his sister have a body double? That would be a menage a trois I could get into.

Compsiox

Banned
idk, what would be the point? if he's dead, he has to be replaced eventually.

and the body double would then be answering to whoever's really in charge right? so why bother?
Buying time if anything if true. The line of succession isn't clear so it's possible there is no true leader determined for this scenerio.

Last edited:

GeorgPrime

Banned
They use a picture from the front and a picture slighlty from the side to proof that his ears are different. They know that camera angles are manipulating looks on a person or?

When i make a picture from the front and a picture from the side i look like two different people

Last edited:
They use a picture from the front and a picture slighlty from the side to proof that his ears are different. They know that camera angles are manipulating looks on a person or?

When i make a picture from the front and a picture from the side i look like two different people
Yeah, it's just that's all the photos they have to go on. I don't think it's definitive proof because you'd need a perfectly aligned shot and the same level of quality of the photo. Not a confirmation, but shouldn't be taken with a grain of salt.

The teeth seems to be the most striking difference but he could be getting dental work. Actually, teeth look the same.

EXDLDyyU4AAHbj0

Looks to be the same guy. Same stupid foreheard indents.

Last edited:
Top Bottom