• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

People who broke into the Capitol Wednesday are now learning they are on No-Fly lists pending the full investigation

ADS

Jul 5, 2009
Looks like the Trump terrorists that attacked the Capitol January 6th are being added to the no-fly list and predictably are handling it with the grace and understanding you would expect:

If you riot and attack the foundations of our democracy, what do you expect to happen? At least have the balls to face up to what you've done.

Last edited:

mango drank

May 12, 2009
Looks like he'll be watching some Goblin Slayer torrents tonight.

Last edited:

Liberty4all

Banned
Nov 11, 2007
Looks like the Trump terrorists that attacked the Capitol January 6th are being added to the no-fly list and predictably are handling it with the grace and understanding you would expect:

If you riot and attack the foundations of our democracy, what do you expect to happen? At least have the balls to face up to what you've don
Do you agree we should be going over the footage of BLM riots from the summer with a fine tooth comb to add those domestic terrorists breaking into American businesses to these same no fly lists?

Last edited:

Majukun

Jun 19, 2009
english not being my first language i only understand parts of it in between the tears, no idea what he says before "every single one of you" and anythhing else except "they called me a terrorist"

still, video might be funny or sad depending on what this guy actually did

Reactions: Punished Miku

CrankyJay™

Oct 25, 2017
Do you agree we should be going over the footage of BLM riots from the summer with a fine tooth comb to add those domestic terrorists breaking into American businesses to these same no fly lists?
If they were federal properties, then probably yes since this is a federal list. But most of those people are basically ghosts and the people at the capitol building sort of proudly showed off what they were doing. I doubt they’ll make that mistake twice.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Nov 13, 2013
This is why social media is so toxic. One guy says this was a guy who stormed the capitol and people just assume it is because one guy says so. Maybe it is, but nothing in that video indicated it. It could’ve just been someone who was at the rally or it could’ve been no one at all.

I mean, if they proved he stormed the capitol, wouldn’t he have been arrested?

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
May 9, 2016
h*ck

Liberty4all

Banned
Nov 11, 2007
Is the response always these whataboutisms

Just as your response is always deflection.

The labeling of so called Domestic Terrorists by government and media, labels being fueled by opponents political ideology is gross given the mass riots that just took place In American cities this summer.

No such label was applied to BLM rioters, nor to Antifa attacking the Federal Courthouse in Portland for several weeks. In fact the opposite happened with big name politicians encouraging these actions.

So yes, the double standards are extremely concerning. Rules for thee but Not for me ...

Last edited:

J-bo

Jul 19, 2014
Calgary, Canada
It’s great to have resetera level posts now. Pardon me while I puke into a bucket.

If you’re gonna shitpost, the bare minimum requirement is to make an attempt at being entertaining.
Just because you don’t agree, does not mean everyone is from ResetEra.
Just as your response is always deflection.

The labeling of so called Domestic Terrorists by government and media, labels being fueled by opponents political ideology is gross given the mass riots that just took place In American cities this summer.

No such label was applied to BLM rioters, nor to Antifa attacking the Federal Courthouse in Portland for several weeks. In fAct the opposite happened with big name politicians encouraging these actions.

So yes, the double standards are extremely concerning. Rules for thee but Not for me .,,

The Pleasure

Jan 8, 2019
Can Rosie O Donnel sing because for Trump, the fat lady is singing. Make that old saying symbolic by making it someone Trump truly hates. But can still tweet.

Last edited:

Pidull

May 6, 2019
I can understand it if the guy never actually partook in anything violent. Context matters here.

This says quite a bit about facial recognition though, no? If you're going to violently protest, where a mask, seriously (not condoning violent protest)

Last edited:

CrankyJay™

Oct 25, 2017
I saw a few crazy Twitter threads of internet detectives working with journalists to piece together the identities of people inside of the capitol. They identified a few already. These people are so fucked.

Liberty4all

Banned
Nov 11, 2007
Took the words out of my mouth.

I’m in full support of consequences because it’s entirely possible the shoe could be on the other foot someday. No one, regardless of political affiliation, should tolerate what happened.
Weeks and weeks of riots were tolerated by the Left. Riots that resulted in multiple deaths and untold amounts of property damage. With perpetrators being let go by DA’s even in the few cases of arrests.

Where were the “Domestic Terrorist“ calls then?

Im not even necessarily against using the label in this case. But let’s see some uniformity in our outrage and demands for justice?

J-bo

Jul 19, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Weeks and weeks of riots were tolerated by the Left. Riots that resulted in multiple deaths and untold amounts of property damage. With perpetrators being let go by DA’s even in the few cases of arrests.

Im not even necessarily against using the label in this case. But let’s see some uniformity in our outrage and demands for justice?
Can you at least admit that the heart of the issues for BLM and the recent capital riots were completely different and not like comparing apples to apples?

Liberty4all

Banned
Nov 11, 2007
Can you at least admit that the heart of the issues for BLM and the recent capital riots were completely different and not like comparing apples to apples?
The law is the law whether you are a MAGA loving Patriot, a BLM activist or chaos wanting Antifa.

The “heart of the issues” inevitably is used as moral justification to break the law and lord knows both sides feel they have the moral high ground.

All I am saying is that if the US plans to be a JUST nation then those laws need to apply whether a supposed God Loving MAGA Patriot fighting to save the nation from communism, Or a freeedom fighter of the resistance fighting to save the nation from fascism, or a BLM activist fighting for Floyd and racial justice .... all feel their cause is important. But the laws are the laws, justice is supposed to be blind. Break the laws pay the price.

Watching the hammer fall only on one group is a good way to continue to stir hatred and division.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Sep 2, 2007

There’s a radical, symbolic, and psychological difference between burning down a Target and assaulting the US Capitol Building.

Stealing TVs and sheets and burning down gas stations isn’t really in a bucket where I would put “domestic terrorism”. We’ve had riots in this country on numerous occasions and I can’t recall them ever being labeled as such.

That said, I fully support punishment and consequences for everyone that tried to burn down our cities over the summer. I just wouldn’t put it on the same level.

eKongDiddy

Apr 9, 2013

At least there are realizations from some of them on how the police treat black citizens.

edit: Looks like the video is from 2018

Last edited:

Liberty4all

Banned
Nov 11, 2007
There’s a radical, symbolic, and psychological difference between burning down a Target and assaulting the US Capitol Building.

Stealing TVs and sheets and burning down gas stations isn’t really in a bucket where I would put “domestic terrorism”. We’ve had riots in this country on numerous occasions and I can’t recall them ever being labeled as such.

That said, I fully support punishment and consequences for everyone that tried to burn down our cities over the summer. I just wouldn’t put it on the same level.
I would argue the riots were much worse in terms of affecting average Americans, both in terms of deaths and dollar cost property damage.

J-bo

Jul 19, 2014
Calgary, Canada
The law is the law whether you are a MAGA loving Patriot, a BLM activist or chaos wanting Antifa.

The “heart of the issues” inevitably is used as moral justification to break the law and lord knows both sides feel they have the moral high ground.

All I am saying is that if the US plans to be a JUST nation then those laws need to apply whether a supposed God Loving MAGA Patriot fighting to save the nation from communism, Or a freeedom fighter of the resistance fighting to save the nation from fascism, or a BLM activist fighting for Floyd and racial justice .... all feel their cause is important. But the laws are the laws, justice is supposed to be blind. Break the laws pay the price.

Watching the hammer fall only on one group is a good way to continue to stir hatred and division.
I actually don’t disagree with too much here. However, I do feel like the symbolism of rushing the capitol building and attacking democracy in practice, is different then burning down buildings against systematic racism. One also began as a response, the other was premeditated.

I also think both sides have those who don’t care about the issues at all and are just there to create chaos.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Liberty4all

CasperDarling

Nov 21, 2019
The Terrorist literally CRYING that people called him a terrorist is just fantastic. Hope that dude lives in Hawaii and can't get home

Reactions: Dthomp