• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

People who broke into the Capitol Wednesday are now learning they are on No-Fly lists pending the full investigation

NecrosaroIII

Feb 2, 2020
www.weeabuds.com
Be careful not to fall off that high horse.

This is the latest way your kind is trying to dehumanize conservatives. The last 4 years we’ve dealt with being called nazis, racists, homophobes, etc. You’re loving the fact that you can now call us terrorists and terrorist sympathizers, too

You are a bad person and you should repent of your ways and learn the difference between good and evil.

Don't assume I'm a liberal. I am a fiscal conservative and was registered as a libertarian from the time I turned 18 until I was 32. I'm now registered as a independent.

Trump (and his fanboys) are a hazard. Putting a cult of personality above country is a nightmare. Putting party above country is bad too, but someone like Trump who is a liar and pandered will drum up the worst in the masses. This is what you are seeing now.

Reactions: Metroid

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
May 9, 2016
h*ck
Don't assume I'm a liberal. I am a fiscal conservative and was registered as a libertarian from the time I turned 18 until I was 32. I'm now registered as a independent.

Trump (and his fanboys) are a hazard. Putting a cult of personality above country is a nightmare. Putting party above country is bad too, but someone like Trump who is a liar and pandered will drum up the worst in the masses. This is what you are seeing now.
Did I mention politics? I said you’re a bad person, and nothing you posted contradicts that. You’re capitalizing on a golden opportunity to dehumanize what you view as your enemy by labeling us as terrorists and terrorist sympathizers. It’s the same as calling us nazis. Different clothes, same garbage, newly emboldened by the misdeeds of a small group.

Tesseract

Banned
Dec 7, 2008

there's no cult, these are individually minded people

the lot of deplorables appear to be patriotists, don't tread types with paleoconservative tendencies who love the homeland

seems like your perceptions of reality might be buggy, quote voltaire or denjiro if you want but i don't think it's gonna measure up to reality

Liberty4all

Banned
Nov 11, 2007
Cato said:
No. Things were different then and things have escalated since.
Maybe they should have done more back then but they didn't. And that is that.

We do not go back and retroactively dish out new punishment because things are different today. Society can not work that way.

That said, going forward, I think it would be a good idea to put everyone that riots and attack a public/government building to be put on a no-fly-list as well as bunch of other lists.

To be frank, the response to the Capitol Riots is outrageous given the lack of response to BLM Riots.

The “assault on our democracy“ response some have mentioned is rhetoric. I could say the attack on the Portland Federal Courthouse was an “assault on our legal institutions“ for example. Or the riots in New York “An assault the middle class and their businesses” The words are rhetoric meant to inflame.

The crimes committed are the same, but were on a much much worse scale in the case of BLM Riots.

Last edited:

tusharngf

Oct 25, 2017
I feel protesting things is okay but breaking into places like this will put you in trouble. Peaceful protests is a part of democracy. There were people with confederate flags and nazi symbols they are real scums.

Bitch Pudding

Oct 3, 2014
Germany

To be frank, the response to the Capitol Riots is outrageous given the lack of response to BLM Riots.

The “assault on our democracy“ response some have mentioned is rhetoric. I could say the attack on the Portland Federal Courthouse was an “assault on our legal institutions“ for example. Or the riots in New York “An assault the middle class and their businesses” The words are rhetoric meant to inflame.

The crimes committed are the same, but were on a much much worse scale in the case of BLM Riots.

Would you be so kind to provide a sheet with the correct numbers? Those are completely off, on both sides, which anyone should know who followed the news.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2020

Think you forget to add what causes both riots.

Blm: police killing black with lack of accountability
Maga: loser wanting to stay in powers. That lost his election and was unable to prove it court that there was fraud

An no outrage for blm riot? Guess your head was buried in the sand there was plenty just not from the ppl you wanted.

Last edited:

hunchback

Jun 27, 2014
Woodinville, Wa
I wonder how many of the people who burned down cities, looted stores, burned police cars and curb stomped people who were just trying to defend their property all across America this summer, how many of them have been labeled as terrorists or are on no-fly lists now? :unsure:

You forgot to mention all the people from the LA riots after the Rodney King case.

Sep 14, 2014

STORMED, INSURRECTION, COUP.

Relatively speaking, what happened on the 6th was a almost a pile of nothing in comparison. A bunch of useful idiots walked into a PR trap, and sadly there are people who are now dead. In the grand scheme nothing has changed. It's the latest in a long string of... "emotional"(?) weapons to beat the opposition over the head to somehow guilt them into not seeing the reality of what's happening. However, it is the best ammo against Trump that has existed when considering the options for framing what happened. "5 PEOPLE DIED!" at a any glance is a very bad look.

The old world won't be coming back, everybody is going to get angrier, and nobody has a fix outside of somehow getting rid of their opposition. Strap yourselves in.

--------------------------

So is about wearing a mask or the capitol?

Last edited:
Reactions: kuncol02

CrankyJay™

Oct 25, 2017

You fell for a convenient image put together without doing any critical thinking of your own. Perfect microcosm of what’s occurring lately.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Dec 26, 2008
Spain

ault

The transfer of power between Trump and the election winner Biden was targeted and disrupted by Trump supporters who managed to succesfully assault the seat of power and disrupt the proceedings after Trump said he didn't recognise the election result and thus never acknowledged that such transfer of power should be happening.

This is not a rethoric assault on democracy.

th4tguy

Feb 17, 2013
I think it is fake news.

You cannot be put on a no fly list just because someone on Twitter claimed that you were at the Capitol.
It’s not random users on Twitter doing the reporting. The fbi and intelligence community has claimed they have in been working around the clock scrubbing videos and social media identifying suspects. Ones they can get a positive id on get warrants for arrests and most are put on no fly list to prevent them from running before those arrests can be made.

Last edited:

th4tguy

Feb 17, 2013
The transfer of power between Trump and the election winner Biden was targeted and disrupted by Trump supporters who managed to succesfully assault the seat of power and disrupt the proceedings after Trump said he didn't recognise the election result and thus never acknowledged that such transfer of power should be happening.

This is not a rethoric assault on democracy.
On top of the fact that the target of the attack were sitting senators who were actively validating election results.
You don’t go after top officials and expect same treatment as if you were going after some local.
Hell the vp was part of those targeted.

Let that sink in.
How does anyone expect this not to be treated as seriously as it is?
BLM protest is like going around and picking random fights with guys in the yard to assert your dominance. Maybe a guard or two.
Capital riot is like walking right up to the head of the prison and punching him in the nuts. You better believe one is more serious than the other.

th4tguy

Feb 17, 2013

The people in the attack weren’t doing it for the country. They were doing it for Trump.
At the end of the day, the American flag had been replaced with a Trump flag. That speaks volumes.
You are right that it’s a cult.

DarkMage619

Jun 19, 2004
Be careful not to fall off that high horse.

This is the latest way your kind is trying to dehumanize conservatives. The last 4 years we’ve dealt with being called nazis, racists, homophobes, etc. You’re loving the fact that you can now call us terrorists and terrorist sympathizers, too

You are a bad person and you should repent of your ways and learn the difference between good and evil.
I'm pretty sure you can tell the difference between a conservative and a person who broke out windows in the US Capitol. They're plenty of conservatives who were appalled by what happened and are very happy these guys are getting rounded up. Let's be careful who we are sympathizing with. No one should shed a tear for the people who attacked our country.

SF Kosmo

...please disperse...
Jul 7, 2020
there's no cult, these are individually minded people

the lot of deplorables appear to be patriotists, don't tread types with paleoconservative tendencies who love the homeland

seems like your perceptions of reality might be buggy, quote voltaire or denjiro if you want but i don't think it's gonna measure up to reality
A lot of them also seem to be ranting paranoiac conspiracists who conflate Trump and Jesus, too.

SF Kosmo

...please disperse...
Jul 7, 2020

This is utterly dishonest. The Capitol riot was directly incited by Trump, on purpose. Security was held back by the white house, and even after the fact, Trump praised the perpetrators as patroits, very special people, and said he loved them. He waited hours to allow the national guard to control the situation. Some among the crowd were planning political assassinations against Trump's opponents (and perceived opponents like Pence). No President has ever pulled anything like this in history, it really is borderline treason.

I am sure you can understand why there is more outrage about a riot in the Capitol and a riot in a Target. Surely, I don't have to explain that part to you.

There are well justified reasons for the harsh response. I realize not everyone there was trying to commit terrorism, a lot of them were just idiots swept up in the hype, but I am sure you have to understand why the incident as a whole is so horrifying to the public at large.

(It's also pretty dishonest to say there was no outrage over the summer's riots, there was a FUCKLOAD of outrage about it).

Last edited:

Outrunner

May 17, 2018
Serves them right, fuck them.

And for the "what about BLM?" crowd, you can get fucked together with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bitmap Frogs

Cato

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is FAKE news and has nothing to do with the Capitol according to this guy:

Being kicked off for not wearing a mask by the cabin crew sounds a lot more plausible.

I would imagine a no-fly-list would be enforced by leo and not cabin crew and I would also imagine that
people on a no-fly-list would never even be allowed to get to the gate and in partucular not to enter the cabin.

Reactions: dolabla

Super Mario

Banned
Nov 12, 2016
There’s a radical, symbolic, and psychological difference between burning down a Target and assaulting the US Capitol Building.

Stealing TVs and sheets and burning down gas stations isn’t really in a bucket where I would put “domestic terrorism”. We’ve had riots in this country on numerous occasions and I can’t recall them ever being labeled as such.

Yea, the symbolic difference is storming the capitol is actually a protest, regardless of anyone's approval of it. Whereas looting and destroying your city is no longer protest and is straight terrorism. You don't need to wait for the lying MSM to slap a label on it to know that.

Think you forget to add what causes both riots.

Blm: police killing black with lack of accountability
Maga: loser wanting to stay in powers. That lost his election and was unable to prove it court that there was fraud

An no outrage for blm riot? Guess your head was buried in the sand there was plenty just not from the ppl you wanted.

Keep thinking BLM was fighting the good fight. Just recently Kenosha was proven to be yet another race-baiting lie. They're all lies. It is straight-up terrorism.

Spat_triate

Jan 28, 2010
Bal'more
Yea, the symbolic difference is storming the capitol is actually a protest, regardless of anyone's approval of it. Whereas looting and destroying your city is no longer protest and is straight terrorism. You don't need to wait for the lying MSM to slap a label on it to know that.

Keep thinking BLM was fighting the good fight. Just recently Kenosha was proven to be yet another race-baiting lie. They're all lies. It is straight-up terrorism.
I support BLM by principle and I support the dozens of peaceful protests that occurred over the summer. I condemn the looting, destruction and that CHAZ bullshit; and the vast majority of the Black and Brown community feels the same.

This is about facts not approval. Protesting outside the Capitol is a protest. Violently "storming" and occupying the Capitol building, erecting a gallows while chanting "Hang the Vice President" goes far, FAR beyond protest.

What if they managed to reach the rooms that Pence, McConnell, Pelosi, Schumer etc. were hiding in? They literally bludgeoned a police officer to death - what would they have done to those they call enemies? What would you have called it then? A spirited protest?

Reactions: Metroid

Super Mario

Banned
Nov 12, 2016
I support BLM by principle and I support the dozens of peaceful protests that occurred over the summer. I condemn the looting, destruction and that CHAZ bullshit; and the vast majority of the Black and Brown community feels the same.

This is about facts not approval. Protesting outside the Capitol is a protest. Violently "storming" and occupying the Capitol building, erecting a gallows while chanting "Hang the Vice President" goes far, FAR beyond protest.

What if they managed to reach the rooms that Pence, McConnell, Pelosi, Schumer etc. were hiding in? They literally bludgeoned a police officer to death - what would they have done to those they call enemies? What would you have called it then? A spirited protest?

The usual, Liberal, double-standard. Just like in BLM protests, the vast majority of capitol protestors were peaceful. BLM protests regularly have large groups chanting about killing the police. How many people said to hang Mike Pence? Hundreds of officers were attacked at BLM riots, now all of a sudden, the left cares about violence against police.

sackings

Jul 22, 2020

Its the hypocrisy. The Left and Media have no credibility to call out inciting violence after this year. What happened was wrong, but blame has to be placed on those who actually committed the actions. Madonna talked about blowing up the whitehouse, did she get cancelled? Hell no cuz its ok when we do it

Spat_triate

Jan 28, 2010
Bal'more
The usual, Liberal, double-standard. Just like in BLM protests, the vast majority of capitol protestors were peaceful. BLM protests regularly have large groups chanting about killing the police. How many people said to hang Mike Pence? Hundreds of officers were attacked at BLM riots, now all of a sudden, the left cares about violence again
My friend the double standard is coming from you. You are using the same argument that the "MSM" used during the BLM riots: "A small percentage of the rioters were violent" and I agree. Like I said, most of the Black and Brown community (even those actively protesting) condemns the violent looting and occupation bullshit that occurred in the aftermath of peaceful protests. The difference here between you and me is that you sought to justify the storming by calling it all a 'protest'. Clearly the storming was not a protest. It's ok to acknowledge that.

Its the hypocrisy. The Left and Media have no credibility to call out inciting violence after this year. What happened was wrong, but blame has to be placed on those who actually committed the actions. Madonna talked about blowing up the whitehouse, did she get cancelled? Hell no cuz its ok when we do it
To be honest I don't consume much news from mainstream sources and I'm not hooked up to a twitter drip, but I do agree that consequences should be applied equally regardless of political standing.

Tesseract

Banned
Dec 7, 2008
A lot of them also seem to be ranting paranoiac conspiracists who conflate Trump and Jesus, too.
that's not been my experience out of florida

team blue often conflates trump with hitler or w/e authoritarian for thee projective platelet response is on the docket for the day

this coming from people who embrace gumdrop ideas like critical theory

Last edited:
Reactions: Reptars Revenge

Halo is Dead

May 20, 2018
This is amazing
How are these people to know who stormed the capitol or not. What if someone was at the rally but didn't engage in the violence and destruction? Im fine with the rioters getting justice but who decides who is guilty and who is not at an airport.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Jun 2, 2013
Austria
What did they think would happen? Trump coming to protect them after storming a government building?
Morons

quickwhips

Jan 26, 2009
Delaware
Do you agree we should be going over the footage of BLM riots from the summer with a fine tooth comb to add those domestic terrorists breaking into American businesses to these same no fly lists?
They stacked federal buildings unt dhss got involved. BLM can get fucked.

Poop!

Nov 21, 2014
How are these people to know who stormed the capitol or not. What if someone was at the rally but didn't engage in the violence and destruction? Im fine with the rioters getting justice but who decides who is guilty and who is not at an airport.

If they entered the building they are guilty

Last edited:
Reactions: Maiden Voyage

poppabk

Jan 21, 2008
USA
Honestly they just have to check their social media accounts to see who has videos of them in the capitol building yelling "*their name* has stormed the capitol building" or photos of themselves in the capitol building while holding their drivers license up to the camera.

MisterFalcon

Mar 12, 2013
The last 4 years we’ve dealt with being called nazis, racists, homophobes, etc. You’re loving the fact that you can now call us terrorists and terrorist sympathizers, too

And a guy in shirt celebrating Auschwitz invading the Capitol in an attempt to sabotage the result of an election confirms that was the right thing to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: ADS and Aces&Eights