• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

People who give gaming YouTubers free stuff and/or money (Patreon donations). What is your story? Why do you do that?

kaczmar

There has been a considerable uptick in the number of YouTubers that post frequent videos showing fan mail. Most of the fan mail consist of free stuff from subscribers or subscribers giving Patreon donations.

Of the gamers that send in stuff to YouTubers, why do you do support the YouTuber and what did you donate to their channel?

GrayFoxRJ

Banned
I don't have any beef with these kind of people, but sometimes I feel people only want to get attention from someone they appreciate the work. Like a clumsy boy trying to get the hot girl's attention

Edit: while I am at it, please stop giving DarksydePhil money and games

Last edited:

iconmaster

Banned
Do Easy Allies count as YouTubers?

I gave a few bucks to Maximilian_Dood a while back. He's a great guy, and I wanted to show a little appreciation.

I suspect you're really talking about people who give massive amounts (like thousands) on Twitch. I guess some people just have money to burn.

ethomaz

Banned
To support them?

Do you ever see a musician playing in the street and somebody giving money in his hat?

Exactly the same reason.

If I go ahead... well you need to pay a ticket to see a musician concert, no? Well it is the same except one is optional.

Last edited:
Top Bottom