• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Perfect Dark XBLA?

watkinzez

I could easily see this as Rare leading us on, but it's still interesting to note. A Banjo-Tooie premium theme was unveiled on the official site earlier today, but of more interest is the blurry game icon on the far right of the profile.

Big image, so I'll just link to it.

As far as hints go, I'd put it above that KI3 poster last year in terms of legitimacy.

Xav

Improve the framerate & add in online and Rare will have successfully pwned every shooter this generation.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Definitely Joanna.
Holy Crap if they do PD, then Conker has to be next! :D

bounchfx

If only they would actually release KI3 and PD instead of just fuck with us. they've still yet to redeem themselves this gen.

master15

That would be fantastic, please Rare make it so;

21217.jpg

I'm sure with all the work put into XBLA Goldeneye, a PD port wouldn't be that hard. I have no doubt it'll happen, and if true will probably hit with a new PD.

What is Rare working on right now anyway?

Ysiadmihi

Banned
If Rare insists on not letting PD die a peaceful death then this is the way to go about it. Just please get any idea of a sequel out of your heads.

Keikoku

Banned
I'm tired of Rare always teasing but never showing anything. KI3, Goldeneye XLA, and PD now... fuck that.

Banjo-Tooie XLA day 1

I would totally buy this. So tired of playing Halo 3 and CoD4 with friends. It'd be nice to play an FPS that isn't horrible for a change.

What does this mean, though?

I want this so fucking bad, but I know it is just never happening. Oh well, I managed to get my 360 controller set up to make PD control like Halo, and just play it through an emulator onto my HDTV. Fucking game has such an amazing soundtrack too. Goddamn shit is ingrained in my mind.

Before anyone condemns me, I have the original cart next to me now and I will happily prove it.

All I want is the original on XBLA in HD. If they want to go all out and give it a fresh coat of paint, so be it.

I don't know what it is, but the levels are just so well constructed. They are fun to play. The Carrington Institute is a nice place to chill. WHY AREN'T GAMES FUN LIKE THIS ANYMORE? All the training being integrated to the CI was just fabulous. Get this game on the XBLA so I can buy it at a high price. Don't you want my monies? Release it on Steam and I will buy two copies.

Damn you Rare. Damn you and your awesome games.

Cobra84

Grecco said:
Should have been done before the 007 fiasco
A quick consultation with their lawyers should have told them this. Perfect Dark has a lot less legal baggage.

yoursisterspretty said:
Nintendo can't block this one, right?
I hope not. They didn't block Banjo Kazooie XBLA, so I doubt they can.

Holy shit that icon does look like the original PD. Great fukin news, cause I just got a xbox 360 (jasper btw) a week ago. If true will buy!

Grimm Fandango said:
This better not be some lame joke...

Even now I love the N64 build, I'd buy it no matter the matter, I'm too weak :(

Now that I think of it, this game already had some kind of rank/level progression and tons of stats in MP, this game was so much ahead of its time :eek:

VegaShinra

I'll play the fuck out of Perfect Dark on the 360. That game has more multiplayer customizable options than any game out on the market today. Such a great game. Make it happen Rare!

Smokey

this game has yet to be rivaled in terms of features/options in a mp title.

And it was released 2 fucking generations ago.

make it happen rare, and take my money.

do it.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Didn't they fully redo Goldeneye before Nintendo fucked that up? If so the engine is already ported, so it shouldn't be overly hard to get PD going.

master15

Sinatar said:
Didn't they full redo Goldeneye before Nintendo fucked that up? If so the engine is already ported, so it shouldn't be overly hard to get PD going.

I thought even though Perfect Dark was running from Goldeneye's source engine it so heavily modified it could be almost considered new. I mean the source lighting, which would darken in real-time is still not something that's widely available even today

VegaShinra said:
I'll play the fuck out of Perfect Dark on the 360. That game has more multiplayer customizable options than any game out on the market today. Such a great game. Make it happen Rare!
This. I don't care if it's 1600 points or whatever. I WILL buy it.

Locked 30 fps and a higher resolution would be a given considering BK and BT. If they add online I wouldn't need another FPS ever again. Unless PD2 is God's gift to man.

Buckethead said:
Why not just remake it.
They couldn't fuck that up. Could they?
I'd rather take the same game with a higher res and a better framerate.

PacoDG

I'd pay $15 for just the game as is. The single player mode was awesome. Hell, I didn't even mind the stupid alien (elvis?), that game was nearly perfect.

I would pay $20 if online multiplayer is included.

Dizzy-4U

AndyMoogle said:
If they add online I wouldn't need another FPS ever again.
I remember reading that Goldeneye XBLA was going to include online mode. The difference with other online multiplayers was that you were playing split-screen online to resemble the old N64 days.

PacoDG said:
Hell, I didn't even mind the stupid alien (elvis?)
Stupid? Man, Elvis was one of the most awesome things the game had.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Dizzy-4U said:
Stupid? Man, Elvis was one of the most awesome things the game had.

Elvis fucking ruled. He was awesome.

Nintendo (or EA) can't do anything to block this one. Goldeneye had all kinds of problems with the rights. Perfect Dark is all Rare's.

ice cream

Banned
Is this game STILL fun though? Goldeneye sucks now, how do we know this doesn't suck now? Like the AI is probably shit now, the shooting mechanics etc/..

Raide

ice cream said:
Is this game STILL fun though? Goldeneye sucks now, how do we know this doesn't suck now? Like the AI is probably shit now, the shooting mechanics etc/..

I can still play 4 player against the A.I bots and its a blast. Playing on Felicity, stacking up ammo and having to sneak out because the bots have all stopped in the Bathroom. :lol I think I played more co-op against A.I that actual deathmatch.

If they can give this a stable framerate and online play, it would be all kinds of awesome.

Pikelet

Multiplayer with laptop guns, mines, farsight and all this other crazy shit is still great fun. I would be worried about the single player game because it will require a major amount of rebalancing if they want to modernize the controls

Daante

biggersmaller said:
I played this game an embarrassingly large amount.

Haha same here!
I would easily play this game almost every night if a remake to XBLA was made.
60 fps, 720p/1080p/1080i , online matches, new challenges etc = WIN!!!

Xav

ice cream said:
I think both games are still good if your playing with the 1.2 (Solitaire) control type. If your not using 1.2 then the

29dwiva.gif

Top Bottom