• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PERISH - Stylish Four-Player FPS Goodness (Killing Floor x Dark Souls?)

VN1X

Banned
CompressedPERISH_LibraryLogo.png

By ITEM42
Release Date: Planned 2021

Steam | Discord | Twitter

ABOUT
Thousands of restless souls endlessly battle on a platform ascending to the heavens. Rise above the fray by cooperatively slaying the revenant creatures of Purgatory and earn your skyward passage to Elysium, a place of unknown revelations.

PERISH_GIF_Environment.gif

Begin a ruined soul
All the enemies in PERISH are consumed by the same hunger for gold danake that drives your own questing. Falling to your enemies will lose your acquired wealth. Deposit your danake in the Pantheon, or continue your run in Purgatory and risk it all.

PERISH_GIF_RuinedSoul.gif

Grow in power
When creatures die in PERISH, they drop gold artefacts (danake) coveted by the Pythian Priestesses. Purchase new weapons, upgrades and talismans from the Pythia, enabling you to more efficiently reap souls and gather more danake.

PERISH_GIF_ZophosGrab.gif

Overcome Purgatory
Fight waves of feverish souls clamouring for passage to the afterlife in Elysium. As you become stronger, more powerful creatures will face you until you topple the Dismal Lords and gain admission to Elysium, the mysterious resting ground of the Worthy.

PERISH_GIF_Combat01.gif

Features
  • Brutal combat - Fast-paced, blood-soaked FPS and melee combat against hordes of dismemberable enemies
  • A Diverse Arsenal of Weaponry - Use your danake to purchase ornate guns, ancient staves and melee weapons that each have their own individual offensive and utility upgrades
  • Co-Op from the Ground Up - The challenge increases with up to four friends: heal each other, deploy group shields and co-op specific buffs to lend each other a hand
  • Morbid Gladiators - Enemies in PERISH are unforgiving, and as you further ascend Purgatory, you will meet a slew of enemies inspired by Ancient Greek, Roman and Christian mythologies
  • Colossal Challenges - Magnificent boss-fights await the most experienced players ready to test their mettle against the Dismal Lords of Purgatory

IMAGES
BZy0ZU7.jpg

RphCcqb.png

4o8kpVW.png

wooL0JK.jpg

jZU9Zjm.png

hBwJOnT.png

VIDEOS

More here.

Didn't see a thread for this yet so figured I'd make one myself. This will undoubtedly get snowed under by the countless Cyberpunk threads and the otherwise highly sophisticated taste of GAF* but I'm here beating the PERISH hype drums nonetheless!

As someone who loves his shooty shooty bang bang (no that's not a euphemism) I'm always on the look out for more and this seems to provide just that and then some by ways of combining my favourite two genres: FPS & Roguelite. The proverbial cherry on top being the killer soundtrack by ZILF that is also right up my alley. So here's hoping they can pull it off and make it a success! I'm very much looking forward to it myself in any case.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

My flatmate is always trying to get me to play 4P roguelikes like this, I quite like the tone + art style of it and the actual graphics rendering is very nice too. Combat looks satisfying as heck. The "mummies" really remind me of another game but can't think what (Its not this but also has a bit of Metal Slug's mummies feeling to it).

Will show it to him when he gets back from his mum's tomorrow.

MiguelItUp

Sounds really cool, unsure if I'm really into the color approach they're taking. But I'll definitely give it a shot, looks like it has promise!

VN1X

Banned

New "shinier" version of this gameplay is set to arrive soon according to the devs.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Perish is a stylish four-player FPS with a cross to bear. Slay hordes of creatures on the scorched sands of Purgatory and sell their gold-stained corpses to craven priests. Kill magnificent bosses and use the proceeds to gain entrance to Elysium, a place of cosmic revelations. Perish launches on PC on February 2, 2023.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Perish is a first-person solo or co-op shooter where you're tasked with slaying hordes of creatures on the scorched sands of Purgatory and selling their gold-stained corpses to craven priests. Kill magnificent bosses and use the proceeds to gain entrance to Elysium, a place of cosmic revelations. Perish is available today on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S|X, Steam Deck, and PC.

Top Bottom