• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Permanent mute on Dual sense in PS5 settings.

Rea

Hi all,
Many of you might be wondering, when the DualSense is announced, how the hell are we going to permanently mute the mic? Well, there is a way for that.
Some of you may already knew this but my point is to let those PS5 owners who didn't know.

Step 1. Go to settings.
Step 2. Go to sound.
Step 3. Go to microphone.
Step 4. Select microphone status when log in then select "Mute".
koVh7NL.jpg

Have a great day.
Enjoy your PS5.
Cheers.

AGRacing

Does this allow me to unmute via button press? I just would prefer default off instead of default on and then allow me to toggle from there. I'll be able to check tonight or tomorrow I suppose... Maybe Ill come back and answer my own question :)

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Anyone figured out how to get a PlayStation to auto log in to an account? My PS4 did it on mine but I can't seem to find it on ps5.

Reactions: Rea

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Does this allow me to unmute via button press? I just would prefer default off instead of default on and then allow me to toggle from there. I'll be able to check tonight or tomorrow I suppose... Maybe Ill come back and answer my own question :)
That is what it does on mine, the button and official headset turn it on. Sadly, if the headset is on you can't use the controller button to toggle it. You need to use the button on the headset. Not a huge deal, just unfortunate.

Iorv3th

Hi all,
Many of you might be wondering, when the DualSense is announced, how the hell are we going to permanently mute the mic? Well, there is a way for that.
Some of you may already knew this but my point is to let those PS5 owners who didn't know.

Step 1. Go to settings.
Step 2. Go to sound.
Step 3. Go to microphone.
Step 4. Select microphone status when log in then select "Mute".
koVh7NL.jpg

Have a great day.
Enjoy your PS5.
Cheers.
I've been wanting to do this since I got it but forgot to look it up when I turn my ps5 off.

Rea

Yes u can definitely do it, u can also press and hold the button to mute all sound

ksdixon

- So... is it possible to faff with different settings and make it so that if the orange light on controller being on = Mic On? It seems really strange to me that it's defaulted to the other way. For me, if the light's off, the mic should be off, so they match.

- Whilst we're here talking settings, has anyone found a way to switch the PS button press vs hold&press behavior back to how the PS4 had it? Meaning press&hold brings up the quick menu, and pressing normal goes to dashboard? This is basically my number 1 hatred of PS5 right now.

Self

There is a dedicated mute button on the controller for that, and it even has a led light for that.

But.... has someone managed to deactivate the 'recordings blocked' messages while playing PS4 games? Thats really annoying.

Rea

There is a dedicated mute button on the controller for that, and it even has a led light for that.
There are lots of people, including me who doesn't want to press mute button everytime I start my PS5 but this setting has made my life alot easier. This will put my mind at ease when starting up my PS5 and knowing that my mic is always mute all the time.

Self

There are lots of people, including me who doesn't want to press mute button everytime I start my PS5 but this setting has made my life alot easier. This will put my mind at ease when starting up my PS5 and knowing that my mic is always mute all the time.

No wait, I never had to mute it again. It stays unmuted... but maybe I just used the options you mentioned. Thanks anyways.

Rea

No wait, I never had to mute it again. It stays unmuted... but maybe I just used the options you mentioned. Thanks anyways.
Yeah, it probably that you used this setting and forgot about it, but I'm sure as before i use this setting, i always have to mute my controller again and again every time i turn on my ps5. Sometimes i forget to mute, its driving me nuts "lollipop_disappointed: :lollipop_grimacing:lol. After i found out about this, it changed my life. :lollipop_halo:

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Do you still get the yellow light on the controller if you mute it through this menu?

Because that yellow light annoys me to no end.

Top Bottom