• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Perrier / Carbonated Mineral Water: ... why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone drink this stuff? It tastes like someone took a soda and took away all the flavor leaving the gas behind. It tastes weird as hell yet some people seem to actually like it. Is there something wrong with me or is this stuff not good?

smurfx

get some go again
i love sparkling water. i stopped drinking soda and this was a nice substitute. i don't buy perrier much though since its expensive but i do like it.

DJ_Lae

I can't drink it either, the taste of carbonation on its own is just odd.

Tonic water, on the other hand, I could drink like water, though I know it's loaded with sugar.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I think they're awful and I completely agree with the syrupless soda comment, but my dad used to drink Perrier quite often, so I have one whenever I have the chance.

HylianTom

Banned
perriair.jpg

Does anyone drink this stuff? It tastes like someone took a soda and took away all the flavor leaving the gas behind. It tastes weird as hell yet some people seem to actually like it. Is there something wrong with me or is this stuff not good?

It's an acquired taste. I personally prefer plain water on crushed ice with some lemon but that's me. My homegirl swears by it though and she's doing great since she gave up soda got on WW and lost 100 pounds. So it's gotta be better than soda. Although I hear the carbonation isn't that great on the kidneys regardless.

I'm drinking some sparkling water right now. It's an acquired taste and it really helps with kicking the habit of drinking soda.

smurfx

get some go again
yeah its definitely an acquired taste. i remember hating the taste of it the first time i had some and little by little i started to enjoy it.

Big-E

Perrier is garbage but I drink other brands all the time. It is quite refreshing. Someone hasn't been to Europe. What's good is that some restaurants in Vancouver are buying devices to carbonate are already delicious tap water.

Now that I drink a little more of it, I can see why people drink the stuff especially those who are trying to kick soda addictions. Is carbonation good for stomachaches, btw? When I was a kid I was always told to drink a sprite or 7up when my stomach was hurting

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Mineral water is damn refreshing. I love it and drink one a day at least with a twist of lemon.

Edit: wait so you hadn't even finished a bottle before posting this?

It will still taste like shit, just not as bad.
And soda tastes like shit as well sometimes.

GavinGT

Banned
There's this kid at my work that always drinks plain seltzer water. I can only imagine that his parents are alcoholics and they always have it around for mixed drinks. I guess he acquired a taste for it.

Aku-Audi

Normally I would agree with you but I make exception for one, one which is brewed with mineral water from my hometown

farris_0,5_pack.png

Wikipedia said:
Farris is a brand of mineral water produced in Larvik. It is Norway's oldest and by a distance best-selling bottled water. It has been mentioned in the literature as having positive health effect.

The spring and Farris bottling company are located at the bottom of Bøkeskogen. Bøkeskogen is a forested hilltop which (along with the city of Larvik to the south of the hill) separates between Farris and the Skagerrak. Farris mineral water originates from rainwater falling on this hill. The water slowly filters through deposited glacial moraine material and reaches the spring some 15–20 years later, strongly mineralized.[6] In 1988 a new spring, 21 meters deep, was discovered, and this new spring is the present source of the mineral water.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farris_(mineral_water)

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
I am sick of sugar water.

How many beverages can you find in your average convenience store who main flavor focus is not SWEEEEET!

Plenty of sugar-water for all you hummingbirds. Leave us our precious little variety.

tonic water is awesome you fool. Especially for a recovering sodaholic who can't stand the boredom of regular water.

honestly my latest favorite:

mandarinnestle600x400.jpg

Dingotech

I used to make my own carbonated water using the Soda Machines you can buy for home made soda, I just never added the flavouring.

I found it quite refreshing sometimes on really hot days, or after doing work outside. I didn't drink it all the time over water but it was something different I guess...

I pretty much only drink carbonated water. I find it more refreshing then plain water. Only drink "medium" tho (only a little carbonated) because the regular stuff makes me feel bloated.
What i completely miss here is flavored carbonated water. I had this in Sweden and i think it's awesome. This stuff has a mild taste like pears or melon or whatever but it's nowhere near as sweet and thick as soda drinks. Best of both worlds imo.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
In my experience, Perrier is the best carbonated water ever. Deriving from the Swiss\French alps, pure heaven in a bottle. I drink it instead of beer, it comes in various flavours,my personal favorite is lime, but grapefruit and lemon are good too.

Limited edition runs are good too.

Perrier and 'competitor' San Pellegrino are owned by the Nestlé Corporation

Owned.

Ultima_5

I drink tons of carbonated water.

Though most people don't like it... I'm the only person I know who drinks it straight. Love the stuff. Way better than soda once you get used to it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Well he just says it taste weird. This stuff honestly makes me gag whenever I drink it.

Sorry should have read before rush posting. :p

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Oh god, I'm getting nightmares. When I went to Germany and asked for "water" at a restaurant they gave me this shit. Tasted absolutely disgusting--don't understand how some people substitute this for a glass of good ol' ice cold water.

Mr. F

Banned
Yeah not a fan, always had to remember to ask for regular water in Italy as it seemed to be the default in some places. Then again I don't like pop either, carbonation sucks in general.

~Kinggi~

Banned
You kidding? I used to drink perrier but it can be pricey, so now i just stick to generic sparkling water and mix lemon juice with it. Its healthy, but contains fizz and subtle flavor to fulfill that certain urge soda does. Also, its healthy, and soda is horrible for you, even diet soda.

Learn to love the stuff. You may not like it the first time, and if you used to be a soda addict, plain water is just plain and gets boring quick, so this stuff is a great remedy. Helped me lose 50 pounds.

FStop7

Banned
I think it's good with lemon but it's not something I seek out.

On the other hand there's this, which is the real Jesus Juice:

product-San-Pellegrino-Limonata-1298476067.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom