• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest |OT| Michael Emerson plays a mysterious dude

Status
Not open for further replies.

cory.

Banned
yCeaA.png

PERSON OF INTEREST stars Jim Caviezel, Emmy Award winner Michael Emerson and Academy Award nominee Taraji P. Henson in a crime thriller about a presumed dead former-CIA agent, Reese, who teams up with a mysterious billionaire, Finch, to prevent violent crimes by using their own brand of vigilante justice. Reese's special training in covert operations appeals to Finch, a software genius who invented a program that uses pattern recognition to identify people about to be involved in violent crimes. Using state-of-the-art surveillance technology, the two work outside of the law, using Reese's adept skills and Finch's unlimited wealth to unravel the mystery of the "person of interest" and stop the crime before it happens. Reese's actions draw the attention of the NYPD, including homicide detective Carter, and Fusco, a cop whom Reese uses to his advantage. With infinite crimes to investigate, Reese and Finch find that the right person, with the right information, at the right time, can change everything.
Thursdays at 9/8c on CBS.

Created by Jonathan Nolan

Starring:
IBVXu.png
zyvvv.png

Michael Emerson as Mr. Finch, a mysterious billionaire software genius who invented a program that can identify people about to be involved in violent crimes.
Jim Caviezel as John Reese, a presumed dead former-CIA agent who teams up with Mr. Finch to stop violent crimes before they happen.

XqWQZ.png
Ph9kO.png

Taraji P. Henson as Detective Carter, an NYPD officer who crosses paths with John Reese and tries to track him down.
Kevin Chapman as Detective Fusco, a dirty cop who John Reese will find user for.

Promo
Preview

Slime

Banned
Will watch the pilot for Michael Emerson and a mildly compelling concept. Like a lot of shows this season though, I don't have much faith in this holding up well beyond that. But we'll see.

cory.

Banned
SpeedingUptoStop said:
This is a show I will watch atleast one time.
Yeah, I don't really have time for procedurals. On the chance it has a decent running hook, might keep up with it.

I'm in it for Emerson and its creators (Nolan/Abrams). Kinda dig the premise.

It's just too bad that Emerson and O'Quinn's next-door neighbor assassin show didn't go through.

I saw previews and was excited, until I saw:

Michael Emerson as Mr. Finch, a mysterious billionaire software genius who invented a program that can identify people about to be involved in violent crimes.
Would be ten times cooler if the dude was just a genius that predicted this shit. A computer program though? That is very unexciting.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Wow, Taraji P. Henson was nominated for an Oscar two years ago and now she's on what looks like a crappy procedural.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Discotheque said:
Yeah she doesn't really have much work coming her way sadly.
Who needs her when there's so many young white girls who can marginally act?

JBuccCP

Watching a commercial for it it felt like Early Edition but with Ben Linus instead of a cat and CIA Jesus instead of the guy from Friday Night Lights. I guess they're just using a computer though and nothing mystical.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
so minority report plus vigilante plus scientifically more plausible than future seeing freaks?

I will watch the first episode.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
hobo Cavaziel is the Robocop of the subway system.

The longer he wears this thing, the more it looks like he's wearing a cat on his face.

Taraji is a hotter version of the doctor on CASTLE.

This show is in my DVR. Will probably watch every episode this season. Good cast.

SpeedingUptoStop

Really not a fan of how CBS productions try so hard to be the ugliest shows possible. All the closeups in that bed scene were gruesome.

People thought Hawaii Five O wouldn't catch on. This will be the same if they can get it a good time slot.

Surprisingly CBS is watched by a large demograph that will probably eat this up for the next two years (me being one of them).

I mean...if Jericho can get almost two seasons this baby should be a shoe in to get at least one.

SpeedingUptoStop

Is there a particular reason CBS doesn't allow even the most remote of coherence in their action scenes? Do old people not like knowing what's going on?

WillyFive

SpeedingUptoStop said:
Is there a particular reason CBS doesn't allow even the most remote of coherence in their action scenes? Do old people not like knowing what's going on?

It's just your average TV show cinematography.

SpeedingUptoStop said:
Because if he broke their legs, he pretty much would be Batman.

He looks like Christian Bale, too.

Tim-E

SpeedingUptoStop said:
I blame it on the fact that a relative of Christoher Nolan is involved.

SpeedingUptoStop

Of course the machine didn't predict and want to stop the black guy's death.

Save the white girl, Jesus.

Oh fuck me, I stand corrected. WHAT A TWIST

this show could be awesome but it feels designed and edited to confuse. important facts are muttered quietly, he does something and something happen and I don't know what either something was.

otherwise, it's like Wanted + Batman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom