• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest |OT| Michael Emerson plays a mysterious dude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daft_Cat

^^^ Wasn't she playing Reese's "mentor" in the flashbacks?

Thanks for clearing that up. They probably could have made it a bit clearer.

I thought she was the fixer? from episode 7 or something

Sort of thought this too!

This season started out as a bit of a slow burn..but I'm completely hooked. It's the best show of the fall for sure. I'm also loving the music they pick to play out each episode. Definition of cool.

Thanks for clearing that up. They probably could have made it a bit clearer.

Sort of thought this too!

This season started out as a bit of a slow burn..but I'm completely hooked. It's the best show of the fall for sure. I'm also loving the music they pick to play out each episode. Definition of cool.

Yess the people chosing the music for this show definitely have a good sense of style and atmosphere

Kweh

The last 3-4 episodes have been really great. It's certainly picking up to the point where I am looking forward to the next ep.

DMczaf

The last 3-4 eps have separated it from just the normal CBS procedural for me. I like how dark this show is getting lately.

Looks like a repeat tonight, their scheduling of this show kind of sucks. They took a week off, showed a new episode, now they are taking 2+ weeks off again when everything else appears to be in new episodes.

Rokam

Great episode, and holy crap at the preview, really pushing the story forward, kind of surprising, so used to shows dragging shit on forever and ever.

Another fantastic episode. I care for the characters, I love the soundtrack, evrything. Seriously a great show, hope they get a second season

Nobility

Banned
Loving the progression, much faster than anything else on TV. Good to see the writers pushing themselves.

lol Elias must be very powerful to just walk in with flowers and leave.

Loving the progression, much faster than anything else on TV. Good to see the writers pushing themselves.

lol Elias must be very powerful to just walk in with flowers and leave.

well he looks like some average guy. nobody would notice him. which is the concept of his character i guess

Nobility

Banned
well he looks like some average guy. nobody would notice him. which is the concept of his character i guess
Though that's true, admitting that even the higher ups in the police force like Elias' form of organized crime, it would lead someone to think that there should be limits placed.

Essentially, if Carter was there, what was preventing her from shooting him on the spot (though it's not that type of show).

Another awesome episode. Really loving this show. Liked seeing them flesh out Carter a bit. Loved that shot at the end with John in shadows and Carter on the ground, very superheroic-esque.

And wow at the previews. They don't seem to be playing it safe, haha.

Also, that soldier near the end must be the douchiest soldier I have ever seen. He exudes douchiness. Oh, and the look on Fusco's face when Carter walked out and left him with those two pissed off girls. So funny.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I like that the preview was all about possible Governement guys pushing on the Female Detective to bring in John, and so far, it's all about this Car Wreck.

Not that it hasn't been interesting. It's good as usual.

And <3 the Redhead. Name please!

Lonestar

fuck that ending was great, nice to get some backstory, how did Carter know Finch?

I think it's from the bank robbery, where Finch was a "witness/hostage" and she took interest when she saw Finch whisper to one of the bank robbers (John)

Lonestar

Mid season break, this is where it would've cut off had it not been picked up for a full season. God damn that was good.

wish more people watched it (here and abroad). Is it at least on the borderline of getting another season?

Rokam

wish more people watched it (here and abroad). Is it at least on the borderline of getting another season?

Haven't heard anything, no news is good news. Usually don't find out till the season starts drawing to a close as it's not pulling in huge numbers, but I don't think it's doing poorly.

Combine

Banned
Wow, this show is so good. I love how each episode is mixing things up very differently so it doesn't feel like things are repeating. That ending was super tense. I love the way they're fleshing out the main characters' back-stories through each episode. It's also been great seeing Emerson and Caviezel build a good team chemistry together.

Wish more people would watch it though :(

Lonestar

Emerson's role up till now, while good, has been, more or less, Buttoned Down, through most of the episodes. But when he realised about the baby carriage, and when he's racing to get John at the end, was great.

So i watched the 1st 2-3 eps of this show, and had no motivation to continue. It seemed weak in every single regard, from the dialogue, to the concept, to the characters, to the lack of any type of emotion or suspense I felt. Just..too slow and too silly. The lead did nothing for me. Does it get better? I'm willing to give it another shot if the consensus is that it improves.

Gila

So i watched the 1st 2-3 eps of this show, and had no motivation to continue. It seemed weak in every single regard, from the dialogue, to the concept, to the characters, to the lack of any type of emotion or suspense I felt. Just..too slow and too silly. The lead did nothing for me. Does it get better? I'm willing to give it another shot if the consensus is that it improves.

Yeah it gets better. You may be judging it very hard though, don't think it's on par with like sopranos or mad men or whatever. But it's very good for a CBS show

DieH@rd

Banned
Sweeeeet Bridget Regan.
I'm still bummed that Legend of the Seeker was canceled.

Awesome end ep, when is season continuing? Late Jan?

Rokam

From tvline:

The compelling fall finale of CBS’ Person of Interest, facing all repeats and an ABC year-end special, drew 12.8 million total viewers this Thursday to net the freshman drama its largest audience since its premiere, while holding steady with a 2.8 demo rating.

From tvline:

The compelling fall finale of CBS’ Person of Interest, facing all repeats and an ABC year-end special, drew 12.8 million total viewers this Thursday to net the freshman drama its largest audience since its premiere, while holding steady with a 2.8 demo rating.

Awesome. Please renew the show.

From tvline:

Awesome, it was a great episode for new viewers to see. Hopefully they stick around when the new episodes start again.

Loved this episode. I really do care for the characters and the music,
And hot damn at wendy (the redhead?)!

GAF misses out on this, as it looks like it collectively is not watching this show.
Anyone know when there will be new episodes, cannot wait!

Btw:
I am sure that if ratings were shit, they would have killed Reese in this episode and captured finch in one way or another. But ratings are good, so I hope they can confirm a renewing soon!

Hmm maybe I'll start watching if only for Ben. The ratings are high but that never means much.

the first 2, 3 episodes establish the characters and it takes a bit to get into the groove. from there on it gets better every single episode.
It is my favourite new show this season followed by ONCE as a distant second.

the first 2, 3 episodes establish the characters and it takes a bit to get into the groove. from there on it gets better every single episode.
It is my favourite new show this season followed by ONCE as a distant second.

Is the show serial focused on episodic? Is there a good over-arching storyline? I'm not gonna invest any time into it if its mainly episodic.

Is the show serial focused on episodic? Is there a good over-arching storyline? I'm not gonna invest any time into it if its mainly episodic.

They are building an arc in the background (with both Harold and John's pasts and whatever the CIA is up to, along with hints about the Machine), as well as a season-long arc (pretty sure it's season long) about a criminal named Carl Elias who is taking over the New York underworld. So yeah, there are overarching storylines, though each episode seems to generally focus on a new PoI. The overarching storylines are interesting though.

As for the latest episode, I loved it. Especially the ending, I didn't see that coming. Great music choice as well. Also loved Emerson's Lost shout-out, I was amused. Also, I think we got another glimpse of the Founder in that photo that Reese picked up in the beginning of the episode.

Also, great to see Finch involved more and more, plus I like that they really are becoming friends, especially with Finch all frantic to save Reese at the end. And Carter finally saw his face sans bum look.

Rokam

The closest comparison I can make as far as story structure would be any show on USA, overarcing story hints dropped in each episode along with a case of the week.

Fumoffu

Neo Member
One of my favourite new shows of the year! Great stories, Reese is just plain awesome and the soundtrack is Wow! Hope it gets renewed -- sure it's procedural every week but they also make reference to overarching stories again and again. Want more! :)

tirminyl

That was a great episode and the music was awesome. I really hope it gets picked up for a second season. I must say...this is my favorite new series.

Oh, I have missed you Kahlan so much. Too bad she wasn't wearing her mord-sith outfit to go with that red hair, rawr.

Nobility

Banned
Amazing episode and it has become my second favourite new drama of the year, right behind Homeland.

Please get renewed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom