• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 3 & 5 Dance famitsu info

raven777

from famitsu leak info

-they are using their know how from previous game to improve every aspects like visual, action, etc.
-There are some brand new songs
-There is new mode that replaces the story mode
-PS4 version runs in 60fps
-the basic systems are adopted from the previous game, improving certain things and removing certain things
-they want to add chaotic and colorful elements that they couldn't put in the base game
-everyone from Persona sound team is working on it

http://ryokutya2089.com/archives/2575

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Well of course they don't have a story mode, otherwise they need to explain how Minato is dancing right there with all the other folks, lol.

I like that they're throwing out the Story Mode to be honest. They don't have to explain why they're dancing, what the timeline is, and whether it's canon that Makoto danced Death away.

Give me Rivers in the Desert and Price and I'm good.

ZeroX03

Banned
P4D's story was just a straight rehash of the P4 themes but much worse. It was playable though. I'm indifferent to losing story mode.

P4A probably had the best spinoff story if it wasn't for the absurd levels of padding and a bunch of teases that P4U never paid off.

-they are using their know how from previous game to improve every aspects like visual, action, etc.
-the basic systems are adopted from the previous game, improving certain things and removing certain things

Yeah well the previous game showed that they obviously didn't know much about making music games in the first place. I still think it was a mistake to have notes moving in opposite directions. Scratch notes were a mess too, loosely timed to the songs if that. I would've been fine if they just completely changed the gameplay honestly, P4D's gameplay did nothing great and a lot wrong.

Scoring/failure system needs a complete overhaul too. It was just plain weird.

MSMrRound

I just want them to implement something similar to Hatsune Miku where I can select all character models to dance a particular song, instead of each characters only being locked to two or three songs

I'm honestly kinda disappointed about no story. While it defiantly wasn't good as the main game I quite enjoyed the character interactions and the section where you play as Kanami.

Also this probably means their not going to give us canon names for P3MC and Joker which is something I was kinda hoping for.

VegiHam

No story is disappointing. I know it woulda been bad but I'd have probably enjoyed it anyway. Wonder what the new mode is...

I enjoyed Dancing All night. I haven't played many rythm games though. Looking forward to that 60fps action and hopefully they make the notes flow better with the songs. Some of them were just weird.

Opa-Pa

Oh man, no story mode means they're already 10/10s in my eyes lol. Thank god.

Probably means P3MC won't get a definite canon name yet again though.

Also, I may be wrong, but weren't the beat maps 60fps in P4DAN? If these are the same for Vita then that's good enough for me.

Thank heavens we're being spared a story mode. Though it does make separating the games look like a cynical cash grab move. Hope they can focus on the gameplay this time around as that wasn't very good last time.

Guess Who

Banned
Glad there’s no story mode tbh. Hope they can tighten up the gameplay, too. I really wanted to like P4D but it was just a poor effort as a rhythm game.

I'm glad they're separating the games, it means more P3 songs that we would have gotten otherwise. It's not like P4DAN was lacking in content, the game justified its price just fine imo.

Ydelnae

Is it really that different from releasing Pokemon Red and Pokemon Blue each time?

Yes? Separating the Pokemon games has actual gameplay purpose since you are not supposed to buy both, but instead find people who has the other version so you collect every Pokemon.

Unless they reveal that if you connect with someone with the opposing Dance Star/Moon Night version, there's no resemblance to the Pokémon series like, at all. If anything, it would be like the Fire Emblem Fates.

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm glad they're separating the games, it means more P3 songs that we would have gotten otherwise. It's not like P4DAN was lacking in content, the game justified its price just fine imo.

Honestly it probably could've used a few more songs. Hell, just throw in a whole bunch of original mixes with no/reused dancing. They're almost all better than their remixed versions anyway.

duckroll

Yes? Separating the Pokemon games has actual gameplay purpose since you are not supposed to buy both, but instead find people who has the other version so you collect every Pokemon.

Unless they reveal that if you connect with someone with the opposing Dance Star/Moon Night version, there's no resemblance to the Pokémon series like, at all. If anything, it would be like the Fire Emblem Fates.

Fair.

Well actually it's like neither. The fact is both games have tons of music, and expecting them to sell a single game at normal price and have a ton of songs from both is silly.

Cellsplitter

Neo Member
Why are the people in this thread who are happy about no story mode assuming that these new ones would have had a copy pasted "shitty" story like the last one?
I would've assumed that if these new ones got a story they'd be better because Atlus would've perhaps learned from their mistakes and gotten better.

I was hoping for more story but I'm still in. Can't wait.

Fisico

It was lacking on content, had a few songs twice and some sketchy remixes...

Neoxon

Oh man, no story mode means they're already 10/10s in my eyes lol. Thank god.

Probably means P3MC won't get a definite canon name yet again though.

Also, I may be wrong, but weren't the beat maps 60fps in P4DAN? If these are the same for Vita then that's good enough for me.
Agreed, I really wish Atlus would just come forward & give us canon names for the P3 & P5 protagonists. Is it Makoto Yuki or Minato Arisato for the P3MC? DECIDE, DAMMIT!!!! At least in the P5MC's case, the only known name so far is Akira Kusuru (& the anime seems to be dancing around the idea of giving the P5MC a name going by the trailer).

Guess Who

Banned
Fair.

Well actually it's like neither. The fact is both games have tons of music, and expecting them to sell a single game at normal price and have a ton of songs from both is silly.

Not really? Tons of rhythm games have shipped at retail price with more songs than, say, P4D has. P4D has, what, 25ish songs? And several of those are repeats (there’s three versions of Pursuing My True Self!). Project Diva f 2nd had 40, for a direct competitor comparison. P4 also had more vocal tracks to work with than P3 or especially P5 in the first place - it’s difficult to imagine how they could pull a full game’s worth of songs out of P5’s soundtrack.

sasliquid

No story mode? That would be fine with me P4 is one of my favourite games ever and I couldn't get more than 1 chapter into DAN it was so cringe inducing

ZeroX03

Banned
MCs should've had names from the beginning. They've never been player avatars, they have their own personalities, limited decision making and in stuff like anime and Arena they're literally their own thing. Would be nice to have less awkward voice over talking about "this guy" and "leader" but I doubt that would change, you'd probably still get to choose the name.

jrcbandit

I kind of liked the cheesy as hell story from DAN, not sure if I will be getting these any more without the story. I never found myself going back to the game once I finished story mode. Also, the game should have just been a P3 / P5 cross over game, Persona 5 doesn't have enough music with vocals for a single game. And we could have gotten a cool crossover story that doesn't need to be cannon.

ZeroX03

Banned
Fair.

(Excluding DLC)

P4D has 29 songs.

Amplitude has 30 songs.

Diva F has 32 songs.

Diva F 2nd has 40 songs.

Mirai DX has 48 songs.

Superbeat Xonic has 59 songs.

Rock Band 4 has 65 songs.

DQ Theatrhythm has 65~ songs.

FF Theatrhythm has 77 songs.

DJMAX has 146 songs.

Voez has 150~ songs.

FF Theatrhythm Curtain Call has 221 songs.

Guitar Hero Live has 42 on disc songs plus over 300 on rotation online.

I can't think of a modern rhythm game that has less songs than P4D did. Even with DLC it's still behind everything except Amplitude I think. The differentiating content in P4D probably would've been the story mode, actually. And the pretty high quality dancing models and animation. And I'm not sure how much those really added to the game. Like I said, they should have all of the original tracks in the game in there as playable, just without dancers.

aadiboy

Agreed, I really wish Atlus would just come forward & give us canon names for the P3 & P5 protagonists. Is it Makoto Yuki or Minato Arisato for the P3MC? DECIDE, DAMMIT!!!! At least in the P5MC's case, the only known name so far is Akira Kusuru (& the anime seems to be dancing around the idea of giving the P5MC a name going by the trailer).
I'm pretty sure Makoto Yuki is his real name, since there were 4 movies where that was his name. The P4 manga also had a different name for P4MC, while the anime had the canon Yu Narukami.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
So in this thread I learn that not everybody hated the story in P4D, but apparently I was the only person who didn't hate the mechanics/beatmaps of the actual rhythm game.

Opa-Pa

So in this thread I learn that not everybody hated the story in P4D, but apparently I was the only person who didn't hate the mechanics/beatmaps of the actual rhythm game.

I honestly loved the mechanics. Felt a bit chaotic visually speaking, but clicked fairly quickly and it was a blast to play... When the remixes and/or beat maps weren't shit, of course :(

I feel like out of all the songs, there are like 6 I liked both mechanically and as actual songs. A waste of a great original soundtrack.

FluxWaveZ

A lot of people liked theme, which is why the game was reviewed positively. I fully disagree with people who say that it shouldn't be notes in opposite directions. That's my preferred UI; that's how Superbeat Xonic is, and that game's fantastic. The beat maps are a different issue, that hopefully they'll address to make more conventional this time around.

Top Bottom