• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax : 2 new trailers (Koromaru + Ken Amada and Golden Arena Mode)

Status
Not open for further replies.

petghost

Banned
last time i checked up on this was around arcade release and i remember there being some pretty busted stuff in a kinda typical arcsys first shot at a game way. is this still the case or has/will it been rebalanced for the console port?

FluxWaveZ

last time i checked up on this was around arcade release and i remember there being some pretty busted stuff in a kinda typical arcsys first shot at a game way. is this still the case or has/will it been rebalanced for the console port?

There's stuff that will look "busted" to people like this or this, but those things actually aren't and the situation in arcades wasn't ever dire outside of Yu Narukami and Elizabeth on extreme ends of the spectrum. They put out the major 1.10 patch a while back which changed some things, so it's a bit hard to gauge where things are right now, but things have always been relatively balanced.

Also, since this seems like it's going to be the thread, the official website was updated with a bunch of stuff. Episode P3's image shows off the Theodore scene:
story_p3.png

Chavelo

fuck ken. fuck the doge. fuck the p3 cast.

you know what? fuck everyone in P4U2 until the realest motherfucker is confirmed. then it's GOAT.

petghost

Banned
There's stuff that will look "busted" to people like this or this, but those things actually aren't and the situation in arcades wasn't ever dire outside of Yu Narukami and Elizabeth on extreme ends of the spectrum. They put out the major 1.10 patch a while back which changed some things, so it's a bit hard to gauge where things are right now, but things have always been relatively balanced.:

things like this. seem actually kind of broken as it is seemingly based on a glitch or some kind of failure of scaling.

these kind of things formed my initial impression of p4u2 but glad to hear it got patched and that the balance is alright.

Tizoc

There's stuff that will look "busted" to people like this or this, but those things actually aren't and the situation in arcades wasn't ever dire outside of Yu Narukami and Elizabeth on extreme ends of the spectrum. They put out the major 1.10 patch a while back which changed some things, so it's a bit hard to gauge where things are right now, but things have always been relatively balanced.

Also, since this seems like it's going to be the thread, the official website was updated with a bunch of stuff. Episode P3's image shows off the Theodore scene:

The image of the guy wearing Elizabeth's attire makes me wonder if we're getting FeMC.

zoobzone

The 1.10 update in arcades hardly changed anything.

Sanada Akihiko is slightly better, but Narukami Yu and Elizabeth are still on extreme ends of the spectrum.

Korigama

The art doesn't reflect it, I don't care what "age" they say he is. Most characters look way older than they really are.

Reminds me of Sunny from MGR, she's hot as hell and the game say she's 14, haha.
They never said that. It's been four years between MGS4 and MGR, so she's 11.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Huh, Ken doesn't seem to play like Carl in BB like I thought. Interesting. Wonder how Koromaru will play into his role.

Golden Arena looks worthwhile for singleplayer people. Also interesting they're turning it into nearly a full-blown Persona RPG-esque mode.

Gbraga

Ok, Ken looks pretty fun, serve me some crow.

I really wish they would include Dojima and Funky Student though, I don't really expect them to make Funky Student playable, but Dojima should be a given.

Atlus pls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom