• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax for Vita?

The Vita logo is showing up on the bottom right of the P4U jp website.
Maybe there will be an announcement at TGS?
http://p-atlus.jp/p4u2/

adFwjQC.png

Lock if old or untrue

Edit:

Sorry guys.

Dugna

Didn't even catch that...thought it was just there for the general trademark thing they do with PSN. But if it does come to Vita guess I'm double dipping :D

Interesting, but it could easily just be a general Playstation trademark mistake, have something to do with characters/footage/something that originated in Golden being in the game, etc. I wouldn't get too excited yet.

Superflat

Shit man.

If it does, that means I'll actually be able to play it since my PS3 died this year.

I'm sure this is known, but there's no PS4 version coming anytime for this is there? This is when Atlus's late-console games bite me in the ass, esp with Persona 5 coming sometime.

How well would a fighter work on the vita? I have yet to play one on it

They work fine. Arc put Blazblue out on PSP twice, and at Vita launch too, but not any other versions.

It wouldn't surprise me if they did jump straight to Ultimax, for obvious reasons.

Interesting, but it could easily just be a general Playstation trademark mistake, have something to do with characters/footage/something that originated in Golden being in the game, etc. I wouldn't get too excited yet.

Arc puts their fighters on handhelds. When there's smoke...

It wouldn't surprise me at all if they did this. Like I said before, Arc loves to put their fighters on handhelds, and Atlus put Golden on the Vita to great success, so I doubt they'd be against it.

ZeroX03

Banned
It might work just fine on vita, but come on... Good luck executing anything beyond auto combos.

Vita's d-pad is class. If you're a pad player you'll have no trouble on Vita. But it's pretty much a great portable training mode tool. For competitive play you'd obviously use a console with stick or pad.

UMvC3 was boss on Vita.

LX_Theo

Banned
Didn't even catch that...thought it was just there for the general trademark thing they do with PSN. But if it does come to Vita guess I'm double dipping :D

Any other instances of this being the case where the game never found its way on the Vita?

It might work just fine on vita, but come on... Good luck executing anything beyond auto combos.

I hate piling on, but the combo of the Vita's solid d-pad + Persona 4 Arena being the easiest/most accessible fighter Arc has ever made mean it would work fine.

Kumubou

They work fine. Arc put Blazblue out on PSP twice, and at Vita launch too, but not any other versions.
They also released BlazBlue Chronophantasma and Arcana Heart 3: Love Max!!!!! this year (the latter is Examu's game, but ArcSys developed and published the port). Honestly, I was surprised P4UUUUUUSH wasn't announced for the Vita (especially as it's also getting a X360 release in the US)... but there it is, I guess.

Nachos

That logo has been there for months – around April, if I remember correctly. It may still be on the way, but don't take that as confirmation.

If i'm not mistaken the original story is included in Ultimax

A truncated version of the story is available as paid DLC. That'll probably be the best way to experience the story if you don't care about trophies, as the original was bloated to the point of people making guides to make it more bearable.

They also released BlazBlue Chronophantasma and Arcana Heart 3: Love Max!!!!! this year (the latter is Examu's game, but ArcSys developed and published the port). Honestly, I was surprised P4UUUUUUSH wasn't announced for the Vita (especially as it's also getting a X360 release in the US)... but there it is, I guess.

Exactly. It got a little weird in the PSP days when they did Reload, then Slash, and then Blazblue: Continuum Shift II (wot), but since Vita in particular seems to handle things just fine...

Any news on those games coming to Vita in the US too?

Fake Edit: Wait, Phantasma is out? And AH3 is next month? Wot

I'm pretty sure it's just because Persona 4 Golden is mentioned in numerous spots on the website.

If it meant it was coming to that platform and it was put up by mistake, why would they list the platform as just "Playstation3" in the next line on the same image?

SlickVic

P4G was one of the better selling Vita games, so it would be rather odd of Atlus to not put out more Persona games on the system. Unless porting from PS3 to Vita is very complicated and they determined it's not worth their time.

raven777

I think it's just general statement about PS and playstation logo, along with PSVITA trademark stuff. I doubt this means its getting vita release.

Dugna

P4G was one of the better selling Vita games, so it would be rather odd of Atlus to not put out more Persona games on the system. Unless porting from PS3 to Vita is very complicated and they determined it's not worth their time.

Nah cross platform games with PS3/Vita are getting increasingly more and more common so it's all that hard. Least I'd think it wouldn't because of how many there are.

I'm pretty sure it's just because Persona 4 Golden is mentioned in numerous spots on the website.

If it meant it was coming to that platform and it was put up by mistake, why would they list the platform as just "Playstation3" in the next line on the same image?

With that logic wouldn't the Vita logo be on the P5 or PQ page?

Top Bottom