• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: looks like SEGA is publishing the game in Europe

L~A

Looks like Persona 4 Arena Ultimax got its PEGI classification:

sanstitregokp5.png

Looks like SEGA's publishing the game not just in Australia, but in Europe too. So that means Koch Media will be distributing the game (since SEGA always go through them for their game, ever since they shut down pretty much all their EU offices)

Please (region)lock if old.

Hellraider

I doubt it, or SEGA would be taking care of Persona Q too (it should be coming out later).

Persona Q publisher has probably been decided before Ultimax. It's no indication whether Sega will or won't continue to publish Atlus games in Europe.

jay9e

Neo Member
i may even cancel my NA preorder if it gets the same or better preorder bonuses and doesn't get released in the year 20XX.

Zareka

WOAH.

Thank you based Sega. PLEASE continue to do this for Atlus's games!!

I really wish I had the extra money to support this, but I've already preordered the NTSC version. :(

Actually, yeah, if we get a good release frame and all the preorder bonuses I'll cancel my NA order and jump on this.

I bet it is digital only.

I'll probably keep my NA preorder because 2 free DLC characters is a pretty good bargain. Depends if the EU version can top that in cheapness.

Edit: oh wait they have a distributor? Never mind. It probably will be physical because Atlus themselves could've published it from America digitally on PSN
screw my pessimism

L~A

Releasedate of the PEGI classification...

Yes and no. It's only the same as the classification if the publisher doesn't provide a release date. Releasedate is for the game, not the classification itself.

Funny thing is, I've seen plenty of games get their rating AFTER the game's released, yet with the game release date. The mysteries of PEGI.

Lusankya

Yes and no. It's only the same as the classification if the publisher doesn't provide a release date. Releasedate is for the game, not the classification itself.

Funny thing is, I've seen plenty of games get their rating AFTER the game's released, yet with the game release date. The mysteries of PEGI.

But when you look at the entries for the older Persona games the release dates never match (usually set before the actual release).

finally rescued from the Zen United hell europe has been suffering

My thoughts exactly !
I'm much more confident in sega to get this game on the shelves, to market it properly and to réact in time should any problem arise... you know , right ? a publisher job ..

So that means Koch Media will be distributing the game (since SEGA always go through them for their game, ever since they shut down pretty much all their EU offices)

Or it could just be a digital only release, as with Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F. I wouldn't hold that much faith in Sega putting out any niche titles as a retail release at this point.

ThunderReign

Neo Member
Or it could just be a digital only release, as with Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F. I wouldn't hold that much faith in Sega putting out any niche titles as a retail release at this point.

Yes but if it was digital only surely Atlus would self publish like they have before

Pal-5 translation?
Hope they do also bring Persona 5 if they tranlsate pal5 atlus games.

Its a pity because persona since 3 has been a well known series in europe in countries were anime is pretty big (France, Spain...) if a company tranlslated the games and distributed them better it would be a good seller no doubt.

EDIT Wait, Koch Media is handling the release?
That would help a lot for a pal 5 translation!
They did Catherine and that was translated PAL5 and had a good distribution. YES!

If atlus continues using them good times will come for Persona series in europe.

Zareka

EDIT Wait, Koch Media is handling the release?
That would help a lot for a pal 5 translation!
They did Catherine and that was translated PAL5 and had a good distribution. YES!

If atlus continues using them good times will come for Persona series in europe.

Didn't we also get Catherine an entire year after the US? I'm not saying I don't want a PAL5 translation - that would be wonderful! - but if I'm remembering right I'm not so sure I'd want the same people doing it...

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
They better not. Nis A is the best thing to happen to euro-Atlusfans since....forever.

Only because there's no one else.

They are pretty good though, to be fair, but if sega is handling every atlus release from now on with worldwide in mind I'll gladly ditch NISA.

Shizuka

They better not. Nis A is the best thing to happen to euro-Atlusfans since....forever.

It's a shame NISA got so much flack from people against their european online store. I get that, but not to the point of boycotting the one company that is still releasing retail games in a continent a lot of niche companies are neglecting.

Zareka

It's a shame NISA got so much flack from people against their european online store. I get that, but not to the point of boycotting the one company that is still releasing retail games in a continent a lot of niche companies are neglecting.

Same here. I'm mad at the European store but I still appreciate that they're bringing over games here that no one else will go near.

If us Euros want to send them a message, send them one that says "we want these games, but not overpriced LE's". Don't ignore a regular game you want just because of their LE policies.

Slaythe

Ordered the JP version so yeah.. Thanks. Can't afford to buy twice. If anything, they have to communicate about it, i'm not gonna feel bad over that.

Lernaean

Banned
Now this is exactly what i've been saying for months. Atlus is bought by Sega, so publishing their games is not the nice thing to do, it's the only logical thing to do.
I do hope this one happens and that they'll continue like this.

Top Bottom