• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Shipping from Newegg makes any deal they do pointless for me :(

Gonna scan the various ads and cag to see if there is a hint of this being on sale anywhere on BF, since I'd only be playing it after BF anyways.

edit: so far behind isn't 5 weeks... the bombcast I was listening today had bits on the Borderlands 2 announcement and 3DS price drop... I'm listening to a bunch of bombcasts while driving on vacation though!
The newegg $10 off deal came with free 3-day shipping though

They've run the $10 off $40 and $12 off $60 preorder deals about 6 times this year so I could see it becoming a regular thing.

Am currently on my third time watching the anime.

Anyway I cant wait to finally and to actually play the game. I just hope it delivers even more good times with Yusuke and Yu, Yusuke and Teddie, and Kanji moments.

I dont know how I feel about Chie's voice, she sounds awful. Im assuming no JPN voice options?

Chris R

The newegg $10 off deal came with free 3-day shipping though

They've run the $10 off $40 and $12 off $60 preorder deals about 6 times this year so I could see it becoming a regular thing.

Again, Newegg hates Alaska, you have to pick 2nd day no matter what, and that costs $25. I'd use it if I could :p

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Can't wait to platinum this.

Who's planning to platinum this game?

There's something about Chie.

I actually didn't like Chie at all when I first saw her. I think it was around the time she was holding that rope in the department store when I felt some empathy or something and after that she just got better and better. What a great character.

Can't wait to platinum this.

Who's planning to platinum this game?

I can turn gold into platinum with you Ultros, count me in :)

"planning" to get trophies is so lame.

Buzz_Killington.jpg

yami4ct

"planning" to get trophies is so lame.

I think it's only a bad thing on your first play through. Since, for most people here, it'll be at least their second time through the game, I think it's totally fine. Gives people a goal to work towards.

Yuripaw

Banned
I actually didn't like Chie at all when I first saw her. I think it was around the time she was holding that rope in the department store when I felt some empathy or something and after that she just got better and better. What a great character.

My first exposure to P4 was through the GB endurance run, because after playing persona 3, and not really being into it much, I didn't care to check out P4 at all.

Anyway, watching those first few episodes of the ER, it didn't seem like Jeff and Vinny cared for her much either. They even thought some of Chie's dialogue sounded like, and made fun of the way she said "sheesh" a lot. Vinny didn't care for her at all, and wanted to hang out with Yukiko, or Yumi more. Even Vinny eventually turned around, and was all about Chie by the end of it though. She's just a great likeable character.

Balphon

I think it's only a bad thing on your first play through. Since, for most people here, it'll be at least their second time through the game, I think it's totally fine. Gives people a goal to work towards.

The platinum in P4G takes at least two playthroughs anyway.

My first exposure to P4 was through the GB endurance run, because after playing persona 3, and not really being into it much, I didn't care to check out P4 at all.

Anyway, watching those first few episodes of the ER, it didn't seem like Jeff and Vinny cared for her much either. They even thought some of Chie's dialogue sounded like, and made fun of the way she said "sheesh" a lot. Vinny didn't care for her at all, and wanted to hang out with Yukiko, or Yumi more. Even Vinny eventually turned around, and was all about Chie by the end of it though. She's just a great likeable character.

Haha, they even talk about her in the Deadly Premonition ER every once in a while.

LuchaShaq

Banned
yep, the first half released a couple months ago and the second half gets released on dvd/blu-ray in 2 months

Is there any decent legal place to stream the first half in English?

The japanese voices/English subtitles version was on hulu+ but I couldn't deal with the squealy Japanese voice cast.

Gonna scan the various ads and cag to see if there is a hint of this being on sale anywhere on BF, since I'd only be playing it after BF anyways.

edit: so far behind isn't 5 weeks... the bombcast I was listening today had bits on the Borderlands 2 announcement and 3DS price drop... I'm listening to a bunch of bombcasts while driving on vacation though!

shipping is free
'
edit. O alaska nvm

Skilletor

If you do not like the S-Link system, which is the major thing that makes persona different and interesting to me at least, you will not like this. There isn't much major changed from a gameplay perspective. You no longer are relegated to a point and click system for town, but gameplay is still fundamentally the same.

Gracias. :)

Why would you be missing something? Its an amazing game for many of us, but people have different tastes in games, if you dont like the persona games theres nothing wrong with it really, no need to force yourself to like it.

I generally like to have an informed opinion, but I've tried several times to get through P3 and was wondering if this would be significantly different.

OMG! I forgot about my epic The Last Story flips at Amazon.

Minus the cost of the one copy of TLS that I am keeping, my Person 4 Solid Gold Edition is only costing me $21.99.

94nnL.gif

yami4ct

The platinum in P4G takes at least two playthroughs anyway.

It does? Looking at the list, nothing looks like it necessarily would need to take two playthroughs. Most of it is just careful planning or a faq (in case of maxing all social skills and links, making perfect lunches, etc.). Overall, looks like a somewhat tedious, but not impossible platinum.

Kazerei

Banned
I think Persona 4 is gonna dethrone Disgaea 3 as my most time-consuming platinum on Vita. That took ~80 hours, and I loved every minute of it :)

inner-G

Banned

If there isn't a specific deal, someplace mat run a buy one, get one 50% off sale or something.

graywolf323

Gold Member
Is there any decent legal place to stream the first half in English?

The japanese voices/English subtitles version was on hulu+ but I couldn't deal with the squealy Japanese voice cast.

I think The Anime Network has it on their site for free

edit: okay they do have it dubbed but for some reason two episodes are only available to subscribers - http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Persona-4/Info

but their prices aren't bad by any means

The Anime Network said:
Plan Billing Frequency Price Discount Your Price
Monthly Subscription Every Month $6.95 $0.00 $6.95
Quarterly Subscription Every 3 Months $18.95 $0.00 $18.95
Annual Subscription Every Year $69.95 $0.00 $69.95

edit 2: upon further investigation not all the episodes are available dubbed and in fact most of them just stream you the Hulu version >_< they only have the first 10 episodes dubbed and only the first episode is free with dub

Balphon

It does? Looking at the list, nothing looks like it necessarily would need to take two playthroughs. Most of it is just careful planning or a faq (in case of maxing all social skills and links, making perfect lunches, etc.). Overall, looks like a somewhat tedious, but not impossible platinum.

Unless they changed it (I don't think they did, but I could be wrong), you can't fight
Margaret
until the end of a NG+.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Haha, they even talk about her in the Deadly Premonition ER every once in a while.

Well to be fair Emily and Chie have alot of crazy similarities.

Love Steak.
Tomboyish.
Want to become/are already cops.
There's a bunch of other small stuff to I put in some old rambly post listing the REALLY long and weird list of similarities between P4/DP which is funny since they were the two endurance run games. Don't want to post the rest due to spoilers of both games.

Dude, did you at least watch up to catfight scene? That scene is awesome in JP.

Couldn't even make it through 2 episodes but now hearing it's all going to be localized I'll give it a shot.

Well to be fair Emily and Chie have alot of crazy similarities.

Love Steak.
Tomboyish.
Want to become/are already cops.
There's a bunch of other small stuff to I put in some old rambly post listing the REALLY long and weird list of similarities between P4/DP which is funny since they were the two endurance run games. Don't want to post the rest due to spoilers of both games.

Couldn't even make it through 2 episodes but now hearing it's all going to be localized I'll give it a shot.

Nice man, yeah and save that post info for the spoiler thread - I'll probably get that one up during Thanksgiving weekend.

Also, that sweet .gif of our girl slapping that snob!

ViqoF.gif

yami4ct

Unless they changed it (I don't think they did, but I could be wrong), you can't fight
Margaret
until the end of a NG+.

Totally forgot that fight was limited until the 2nd playthrough. Thought it was like
Elizabeth
and available on the first. Hm, likely means I won't plat this right away. I will someday, but I probably won't want to play again for a few months after my first vita go.

Top Bottom