• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Persona 4 is just so good

Spukc

Jan 24, 2015

Smiles and Cries Smiles and Cries

what is best waifu?

Last edited:

Sentenza

Dec 3, 2011
I finished playing the Steam version yesterday (after playing it the first time years ago on a PS2 emulator).
Not sure what's up with this forum constantly matching my current playthroughs with these threads honestly...

That aside, I'm at very least torn about the game. For any good idea and mechanic I liked it, there's just another one I hated just as much.
The fact that on a game with such a tight schedule to achieve everything accomplishing a goal early may result on SKIPPING SEVERAL FUCKING DAYS made me borderline mad in a couple of moments. Made worse by the fact that everyone around you kept stressing that you had to hurry.

And I'm not that fond of those parts of the game where you could go for TENS of minutes just watching shit happen, with barely any chance to offer any input. Is this supposed to be a game or a fucking TV show?

Also, I played the game on Normal and man, I remembered the original being somewhat challenging but here I breezed through all the content without even a hint of struggling. Not a big problem, frankly. Just a side note.

Reactions: Amory
Jan 14, 2008
3,4, and 5 are all top tier. It's really impressive that they've been able to keep the bar so high.

I've never played 1 or 2 because frankly I don't want to ever not enjoy a persona game and I feel like they can't live up to the more recent titles given their age, bit maybe I'll try them someday

I prefer Persona 1 (PSX or if you hack the PSP music) and 2, to the later iterations. I personally do not care all that much for the High School Simulator aspect, to me they were better as a straight RPG with unique settings and trace amounts of simulation mixed in, but I can see how SMT would be too close to that formula now.