• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold (P4A2) announced for PS3 (Summer 2014)

I hope it's $40 like most fighting game releases (looking at you Netherrealm), I held off getting the first one hoping there would be a re-release

Arelaz

This is the 'update' for P4U. It's in arcades 11/28.
Console version will likely have a story mode, as they have a new story in this one as we can see.. Adachi was shown, in arcade mode cutscene.
Gameplay stuff so far:
Yukari, Junpei, Sho (new dual wielding guy) playable. Assume they will get themes as well. Apparently they also added more Persona BGMs to the game, such as Wiping All Out for P3 Female Character battles.
A bunch of new stages, locales from P3/P4 such as Tartarus Lobby and Magatsu Inaba
All characters have a Shadow form that is playable, different from their regular version (I don't think there is a 'Shadow Shadow Labrys' though.)

Balance changes, new moves, etc. Fighting game stuff. All characters have an 'EX' awakening super. Persona card system changed. A whole bunch of stuff like that.

The console version, without a doubt, will have a looot of updates than just a simple rebalancing and character addition such as "SF4 Arcade Edition", since it serves to further the plot

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I heard that we are getting 4 more new characters, other than Adachi. I guess we have to wait and see if it's true or not.

FSLink

Banned
With Ultra sf4 releasing on consoles in July/June, you could scratch that game off of EVO 2014 as well.

I thought that was just Eventhubs being stupid? And even if this is the case, wouldn't be surprised if that was retail release and digital was earlier for Ultra.

Jawmuncher

So it looks like I need to pickup Persona 4 Arena again huh?
Since it seems to me that this won't have the story mode from that game like we saw with all the BB games.

EDIT: 20 bucks on amazon so screw it I bought it again

Ken

Could still be for a Western release I suppose. Also PS5 and XB2 support to go with the PAL launch.

posted in the other thread but

BBCP localization for NA next year only had a PS3 version listed, so that plus tonight's platform reveal leads me to believe ASW is kind of done with the 360 as far as their fighters go.

Even GG Xrd seems to be PlayStation only.

Thorgal

Im just seeing all this, and all I can say is that it looks like with all of these wonderful Persona related announcements that Sega has offically raped, and killed Atlus.

Eh.. i think these games where in development LONG before there was any talk about SEGA buying them.

I can understand SEGA has rustled some fans jimmies with Yakuza and such .But let's not shit on them just for the sake of shitting on them .

Shinriji

I was expecting PS3/PSVita, oh well. Didn't bought P4U, so I hope that the story mode contains a recap (just like BBCSEX).

Is this a completely new game or just an expanded version of the first game? I haven't played the first one yet, so I'm wondering if it's worth it to pick that one up or just wait for this.

Finalow

Soriku y u took all these persona threads but not the P5 one? Lol.

I was interested in buying P4A but I guess I'll wait for this.

Riffled

Banned
That maybe, but Atlus knew what they were doing by building this up. If this is the best announcement they have, then they are just master trolls at this point.

It does not really matter any more at this point, If/when P5 ever comes out ot will either be a mobile/or 3Ds game at the behest of Sega. At that point I can stop following atlus news.

Persona 5 is now known to be a ps3 game and all, but to that assumption, Sega put out more HD games than Atlus has, so yeah.

shaowebb

I've never played any Persona games in my life, but I got to say this has one of the best titles for any fighting game ever and I really dig how you can change the way you are facing during jump ins at will in the P4A game to go for crossups from the streams I've watched.

I liked P4A initially, but I could not get into it competitively. Some of the system mechanics really bothered me, but I did like some of the other things it brought to the table. These new additions to the game will make me give it another try.

I don't know if I'll buy it on launch like I did for the first P4A, but it'll be on my radar either way.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Still a fucking awesome name. More games could stand to have wrestling move names in their titles.

"Uncharted 4: Sheer Drop Brainbuster"
"Call of Duty: Triple German Suplex"
"Final Fantasy XIV: The Enzuigiri of Destiny"
"Super Mario Ultimate: Mega Tiger Suplex Hold"

All 10/10 games based on title alone.

Hag

I really hope that ASW put the World Lobbby system of BBCP in this. That stuff is so good

Or just copy/paste all the online of bbcp haha

Top Bottom