• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 US Dec. 9, 2008

jvalioli said:
The other gift is a Persona 4 T-shirt.
Oh, man! I'd take that over the syringe! (Which I'm guessing are leftovers from their New Blood pre-orders on their site)

You said you get that later? They're doing two?

Volcynika

So, I looked at my school academic calender to see when this falls.

December 8-12 Final examinations

And....I graduate from college this fall.

DECISIONS!

Shouta

Well, looks like you folks won't have to wait long to enjoy it. As for me, I'll be enjoying it next week!

MrDaravon

Shouta said:
Well, looks like you folks won't have to wait long to enjoy it. As for me, I'll be enjoying it next week!

:lol

"You can have this delicious cake....after I'm done with it peasants!"

mollipen

Augemitbutter said:
thats pretty early.

who would have guessed?

A lot of us, actually. The time to strike with further PS2 releases is starting to get smaller, to a point where major titles are starting to slip into "now or never" territory. I'm pretty sure it was top priority for Atlus to get this to the U.S. in time for the upcoming holiday season, because while the PS2 should have at least one more good Christmas, who knows how things will look next year.

Lucis

the gift is a yellow persona 4 tshirt with a samurai armor wearing character in black, its too small for me =(

Dr. Strangelove

I'M COOCOO FOR COCO CRISP!
FUCK.
YEEAAAAAAAAAAH.

It will be a good Christmas this year after all! Between Yakuza 2 and Persona 4, I don't really need anything but my good ol' PS2 this year. <3

Augemitbutter said:
thats pretty early.

who would have guessed?
Me! I was sure we'd get it this year! :D I'm glad my hunch was correct :D (There's always the presence of slight doubt, though).

Anyway, I'm freakin' excited as hell that it's coming! FINALLY :D

mollipen

Kirashi said:
the gift is a yellow persona 4 tshirt with a samurai armor wearing character in black, its too small for me =(

See, on the other hand, it's nice to hear that Atlus actually though about us folks that wear S or M t-shirts.

sarcoa

Despite currently getting thoroughly reamed by FES, I should be all healed up and ready for more in december. Can't wait :D

shidoshi said:
A lot of us, actually. The time to strike with further PS2 releases is starting to get smaller, to a point where major titles are starting to slip into "now or never" territory. I'm pretty sure it was top priority for Atlus to get this to the U.S. in time for the upcoming holiday season, because while the PS2 should have at least one more good Christmas, who knows how things will look next year.

im not complaining, but i hope they wont rush the translation and everything else with it.

oh, that box-art is good, but please drop the orange border, its ugly and unnecessary.

Lucis

the tshirt (going to edit my post ont he first page for this too):

front
Persona4_2.jpg

back
Persona4_3.jpg

Yaweee

EMAIL + Trailer on youtube, can't access it though.

39.99!

The email also states that, yes, that is the promotional box work only.

MoxManiac

This doesn't have the social link stuff, right? I'm enjoying the dungeon stuff and battle system but the other aspects of P3 are putting me off.

mollipen

PLEEEEEEASE Atlus... keep the Japanese cover art. I love you guys, but really, no need for the goofy SMT logo you're using, and P3 got enough attention that you don't need to make another attention-grabbing cover.

T-shirt: Back should have been front, back should have been blank.

Oh, and $39.99? Is that official?

epmode

Yaweee said:
That is just the JP box with US text on it; I don't think that is anywhere near the final design.
That's a shame. I forgave FES for the lousy boxart because of the $20 thing. NOT THIS TIME, ATLUS.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
got my shirts thanks to the atlus homies !

ill post press images tomorrow, latest monday morning...

B.K.

Tamanon said:
Atlus is just shitting over Square when it comes to translation time these days. This is SO awesome.:D

Or are they? Persona 4 was only announced about three months ago and comes out in Japan next week. There's no telling how long they've been working on it.

mollipen

Official announcement e-mail:

Persona 4 is coming to North America.

It will be in stores THIS holiday season, December 9th, in a deluxe 2-disc release. Each and every copy of Persona 4 will include a soundtrack CD with select music from the game.

Persona 4. December 9th. Only $39.99. Mark your calendars.

Experience a thrilling murder mystery RPG set in the Japanese countryside. A mysterious chain of deaths remains unanswered and only you and your team of gifted supernatural sleuths can uncover the truth.

Develop strong friendships to aid you in battle, take direct control of your party in combat, acquire and fuse Personas, craft weapons, sign up for part-time jobs... You'll never be short of something to do in Persona 4.

Also included was a "teaser trailer" link, but it links to a private YouTube account. *heh*

dimeat

Neo Member
Just got an email from Atlus' newsletter. Price is announced in that and didn't see it in the thread. $39.99

It will be in stores THIS holiday season, December 9th, in a deluxe 2-disc release. Each and every copy of Persona 4 will include a soundtrack CD with select music from the game.

Yaweee

Full e-mail for all of you rubes that aren't on the mailing list...

Dear Atlus Faithful,

Persona 4

(Box Image)

(Persona 4 Teaser Video)

Watch the Persona 4 Teaser Trailer

Experience a thrilling murder mystery RPG set in the Japanese countryside. A mysterious chain of deaths remains unanswered and only you and your team of gifted supernatural sleuths can uncover the truth.
Develop strong friendships to aid you in battle, take direct control of your party in combat, acquire and fuse Personas, craft weapons, sign up for part-time jobs... You'll never be short of something to do in Persona 4.

Discuss in the forums!

Not registered? Sign up today!

We will be releasing a lot more info in the weeks to come. Stay tuned for new screens, videos, art, game details, and much more.

Who loves you, Faithful?

Sincerely,
Atlus Aram

---------------

Don't be surprised if this slips into next year. Dec 9th seems to be an 'educated guess... a guesstimate', as the included screenshots aren't even in English, and are in fact the same screens submitted to JP publications.

Shouta

Man, it's kind of odd that I'll be playing P4 before I move because I'll be living in a town just like in the game. :lol

Top Bottom