• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 - 20th Anniversary Edition unboxing

BigEmil

There is no proof of 60fps so it's 30.

It's easy enough to avoid Persona threads on GAF so I'm not particularly worried about that.
It's Youtube I'm scared of. I already got spoiled on who SMT IV Apocalypse's final boss is because of their "recommended for you" bullshit, and all I did was check out the battle theme once. I will absolutely avoid P5 ost videos like the plague because of that.
Listen to it via incognito browser

Five months ugh. Don't know if we can dodge and weave for that long. And the bad thing about the way Atlus markets its games is that even a lot of the official footage could be considered spoiler material, so I have a feeling the OT will be a minefield.

"Oh yeah dude, I really liked that moment in Final Fantasy VII too, but honestly nothing tops Donald Trump as P5's final boss for me. That was the greatest gaming moment I've ever witnessed!"

Heh, if this was the 80's there'd be a good chance of a Donald Trump final boss in some Japanese game this year.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Any word on the track list for that soundtrack? That was the ONE thing I was hoping would get included in the US LE.

Also aaahhhhh gotta wait 5 more months for this

mmm i dont see that " only on play station " label in the box...

Because there's no need for it in Japan. If it were in the West where there's actually competition in the console space then they'd probably slap it on there. For console JRPGs the only choice in Japan is Playstation unless the NX comes out and becomes another good home to these types of games.

Lynx_7

We joke about FFXV's development, but Sony did announce a Shin Megami Tensei game as being in development for PS3 back in 2005....

http://m.ign.com/articles/2005/09/16/tgs-2005-sony-confirms-102-ps3-games

That might've eventually morphed into Catherine, but considering they were still actively releasing a bunch of PS2 games back then that seems a little weird. I doubt they were actually developing anything, just more of a "yep we plan to release something for this platform someday" confirmation.

I actually prefer the NA version of the LE, just feels more substantial - likely because of the physical goodies.

Plus the best of album will be available online one way or another by the end of the week, so there's no reason to sweat over the lack of that from the NA LE.

Now just to remain unspoiled for 5 more months...

Not even that long for digital :p

EHLDQyy.jpg
Where'd you pre order it from? I'm looking at the cost of it on the JP and it's basically $85 for me.

What's the best place to get codes?

artsi

Where'd you pre order it from? I'm looking at the cost of it on the JP and it's basically $85 for me.

What's the best place to get codes?

I used cardscodes.com and bought a 10000 yen PSN card as it was just a few euros more than 5000 + 3000 + 1000 yen codes.

The game is 8800 yen @ PSN so it's one of those.

Thin White Duke

Neo Member
That might've eventually morphed into Catherine, but considering they were still actively releasing a bunch of PS2 games back then that seems a little weird. I doubt they were actually developing anything, just more of a "yep we plan to release something for this platform someday" confirmation.

I remember hearing it was a remake of SMT1, though I don't know any other information than that. I DO know it was abandoned in 2013 and the iOS port came along.

I used cardscodes.com and bought a 10000 yen PSN card as it was just a few euros more than 5000 + 3000 + 1000 yen codes.

The game is 8800 yen @ PSN so it's one of those.

Damn. I have to spend $105 to get the game then.

On top of that i'll end up having 1200 yen left.

Edit: I read you can attach a JPN PSN to your JP account and buy it using your card attached on that. I'll give this method a try.

Edit 2: Doesn't work. Need to add US bank or w/e but I just said forget it. Bought 10,000 yen card from Play-Asia for $105. 5 month early tax.

muteki

At least now I know to stay away from that art book next week. The soundtrack I'm not decided on yet. Might rather not like to hear some tracks (credits...) until I hear them in game, but will be a long wait until I can get that far.

Assuming that is even on the disc. I'm not expecting much to be on those discs in a special edition pack in.

artsi

At least now I know to stay away from that art book next week.

Not saying that it's not a good idea, but I looked every page in the video and didn't see anything remotely spoilery there, just concept art of characters already introduced. Dunno what people in the thread were talking about.

Maybe they thought they saw something they didn't.

Ha, I didn't realise the art book was called The Aesthetic. Somewhere, the gods of Tumblr have been appeased. The CE box is just gorgeous, damn.

Thanks for the heads up re: spoilers, OP!

Top Bottom