• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 also launching on PS4, releasing 2015 ["waifu"/"husbando" crap = ban]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lusankya

IrNDMjv.jpg

So apparently the news headlines translate to this:

'Prosecutor who falsified evidence battles...'
'Murdered in their own room'
'Succession of random attacking cases...'
'Death from a reckless driving accident...'
'Overlooking and concealing bullying...'

HeelPower

I like the MC design, very classy, its gonna be a shame when the fanbase inevitably forces some shitty meme on him into eternity. I don't know where the pretty boy complaints are coming from, Minato and Yu weren't exactly Joe Sixpacks.

I don't think there is anything we can judge the character on at this point.People also forget there could be multiple outfits.

I mean Yu also had this outfit,turtle neck and all :

HhA14.png

wrowa

Just show me some gameplay footage already, I just want to know what the game looks like. It soon will be a year since Persona 5's original announcement. :|

Persona Q is coming to 3DS this fall. I'm pretty sure everything else is only available on Sony platforms.

Thanks. That's a shame :(

The only games that aren't Sony exclusive are the Arena games and Q. God knows why Arena is on 360, and I guess Q is only on DS because it's an Etrian Odyssey game at it's core.

Anyway, I think it's safe to say if you want Persona you're best off sticking with Sony consoles. It's the only sure way.

I wish this was available on the PC - that was my hope. I suppose that I will sell my Vita once I've experienced this potential masterpiece.

Damn man what kept you. P4G is the best game on the Vita and has been out for years, yet you've still not bought it. Atlus is constantly putting it on sale to.

Due to managing my finances, I didn't buy and play many games. I was hoping to play a possible PC version and sell off my Vita. But it looks like I'll need to play the Vita version. Well, at least there's no doubt now.

I'm not projecting anything. I'm just saying what I can see there. And yes, there are others in this thread saying the exact opposite of what you stated. Differing opinions abound.
Wait, wait. Hopefully I didn't come off as aggressive. Just want to have a discussion about some design elements.

When you say "Shoujo pretty boy" I immediately assume that you've seen a pretty boy from a Shoujo media somewhere looking similar to the MC, and then immediately conflate their traits and thus feel like this character doesn't look subtle. I apologize if that's not the case.

Because when compared with the other MCs, isn't this one the most normal, neutral and mundane looking? Black hair... glasses... and tidy clothes. P4MC has got the whole unbuttoned, untuckered look and P3MC carries his headphones everywhere.

I love the MC design, bed hair and all. I'm already going through a list of voice actors to voice his grunts and occasional "Persona!" Shouts.
Ben Diskin? Josh Keaton?

Less fond of the logo, but I'll wait to see it on more promotional stuff before I write it off completely.

yesh. P5 on ps4 is what we need and deserved.
MC looks like one of those follow the rules kind of character. Let's see what the game/story changes him into.
Oh and where are the girls? Shame on you Atlus!

Fbh

Awesome news.

I hope they take advantage of the Ps4 hardware for more than just upgrading the Ps3 version to 1080p and 60fps.

DMiz

I personally like the main character design. It basically follows the same 'theme' they have gone with since Persona 3: design a character that effectively looks like someone you'd see in their respective (Japanese) environment, and make them generally low-key.

I mean, both the P3 and P4 protagonists are pretty boring when you compare them to their other JRPG contemporaries (P4 moreso than P3, who at least had the whole blue hair thing going on, though Yu has early gray hair...), and this one doesn't seem that different. Hell, I basically look like him (bed head, black hair, glasses). And at least this time they went with a hair colour that you'd usually see!

Not really impressed with dat logo design, though... Hope they decide to change that before the final release, as it kind of lacks the style that we saw in the previous two titles.

i saw it coming no way that was going to be ps3 only meh not even that big of Persona
fan anyways but guess its nice for people who only have a ps4

Aesthet1c

Amazing news.

I sold my PS3 when I bought a PS4, so I've been worrying about having to buy a PS3 again to play this when it releases, now I don't have to worry about that.

Moongazer

Absolutely stoked this happened although with all the cross-gen stuff it always seemed likely this could get released on PS4.

It's been too long since I last played a Persona game on a console and this news finally means I can retire my PS3 this year as well.

Lunar15

Cross posting from community thread:

If you look at the left-of-center screen in this shot:

(Ignore the risette arrow, although sure, that could be true too I guess.)

That looks like it could be a party lineup. The guy on the farthest right looks remarkably like the main character. Couple that with the fact that at the beginning of the trailer with the 5 school desks, the one on the farthest right had it's chain broken.

Of course, this all super conspiracy/grasping at straws kind of stuff. Just fun, mindless investigation to pass the unbearably long wait ahead.

That looks like it could be a party lineup. The guy on the farthest right looks remarkably like the main character. Couple that with the fact that at the beginning of the trailer with the 5 school desks, the one on the farthest right had it's chain broken.
Those look like adults in suits to me.

galvenize

Cross posting from community thread:

If you look at the left-of-center screen in this shot:

(Ignore the risette arrow, although sure, that could be true too I guess.)

Of course, this all super conspiracy/grasping at straws kind of stuff. Just fun, mindless investigation to pass the unbearably long wait ahead.

I can't see anything.

cj_iwakura

I think the protagonist is actually searching for the shadow using his phone, he seems surprised where he ended up and is looking around until the shadow can be seen.

2eksfx.gif

And he found what he was looking for.

aoqask.gif

Makes me think that phones will definitely be the summoning method.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Does the uniform logo look like some kind of junior police academy or something, or is it just me?

hiro_x

So any chance this will also get a release in xbox one just like persona 4 arena did with 360?

*Yes, I chose XB1 over PS4 cause I got a very good deal and my wife likes kinect*

So any chance this will also get a release in xbox one just like persona 4 arena did with 360?

*Yes, I chose XB1 over PS4 cause I got a very good deal and my wife likes kinect*
Not looking likely considering the game was a PS3 exclusive at first, but it's not impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom