• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5/Dancing All Night (2015), Persona Q/P4AU (Fall 2014) for NA

ohlawd

XS5LK.gif
lolol

btw I love your avatar. I hope she sticks around in the show.

I think Q is the one I am least excited about. I can justify that by saying that I have friends to play Ultimax with, P5 is P5, and DAN... I mean, come on, I dance to this soundtrack in real life already. But I'll probably get Q as well.

Seriously hoping P5 on the Vita comes a thing at some point.

I'll just leave this here~ have a feeling we'll be using it a lot over the next year or so!

shut_up_and_burn_my_dread__by_darkside989-d6u3i02.jpg

My God, that's hilarious!

Not bothered at all by the fact it's on PS3. My console isn't going anywhere (hopefully lol) and if it looks as good as Catherine I'm happy. I just want the damn game already.

Gbraga

I just want more information for this damn game already :'(

I really just wanna listen to a soundtrack tease and maybe watch the first actual trailer, then I'm done. Playing Persona 4 in full blackout was amazing. It was unintentional though, so it'll be a lot harder with this game.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Awesome to hear US confirmation for all these Persona games finally. Hoping Q will be enjoyable gameplay wise (should download an EO demo on eShop), & rather surprised DAN is coming here. Though I wonder if that'll be retail or PSN-exclusive.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Anyone think we will be able to buy it and play it through play station now by launch? Surprised no 360 version in north america considering Catherine was there.

Loudninja

I’ve gotten your emails, your tear-stained letters, your carrier pigeons, and the erstwhile smoke signal. We’ve read them, and we — finally — can fully and officially reply to them with the best kind of confirmation ever: ATLUS is bringing three new Persona games to the PlayStation family starting in fall of 2014.

“But John,” you’ll ask, “what are these new Persona games of which you speak?” Well, I’m glad you asked that, illusory writing device! Let’s just cut right to the quick. Persona 5 is coming. In 2015. And will be the first Persona RPG developed for the PlayStation 3 system. That’s about all we know about the game, because the plot, characters, and everything about it is being kept under wraps. The one thing we do know is that series director Katsura Hashino hinted that the storyline will be about throwing off the chains of oppression to find one’s true self. But how that theme is addressed in Persona 5? We have no idea.
Next up, we have the sequel to Persona 4 Arena ­­– the hit fighting game for PS3. The number “2″ isn’t powerful enough for all the awesome new content in this game, so we’re calling it Persona 4 Arena Ultimax. What does Ultimax entail? A brand new story mode that continues the plot of the original, new fighting modes, the inclusion of classic Persona 3 characters Junpei Iori and Yukari Takeba. Oh, and new to the series is the mysterious, scarred, red-headed Sho Minazuki. P4AU will be on PS3, coming in fall 2014.

Finally, we have Persona 4: Dancing All Night. This is a rhythm action game for PS Vita, with 30 brand new tracks/remixes showing off the Persona Sound. It’s also being made in collaboration with Dingo, the development brainchild behind Hatsune Miku: Project Diva. Does that sound crazy to you? Well hold on to your britches, because it stars the cast from Persona 4 who are investigating the disappearance of Rise’s pop group juniors, Kanamin Kitchen.
They disappear to a mysterious place called the Midnight Stage, and surprise surprise, combat doesn’t work there the same way it did in the Midnight Channel (that’s the game world from Persona 4). No, on the Midnight Stage, the fighting is done with dance moves, and will boogie its way to PS Vita in 2015.

I know that’s not a lot of info to go on, but we’re super excited to bring this latest crop of Persona games to the North American PlayStation family! Stay tuned to PlayStation.Blog in the coming months for news about these titles!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014...confirmed-for-ps3-in-north-america/#sf1959054

So, the game was revealed as a "winter 2014" ps3 game a few months ago. And now people are acting surprised or annoyed it will release in the US in 2015 on PS3.

What were you guys expecting?

Buying all of them. Actually im looking forward to the dancing game more than the 3ds one and ultimax(ill be busy with bbcp, dont wanna commit to p4a2 till I have some more time with that)

Obviously im more hyped for p5 than anything else. But I think rhythm games are rad too.

Gbraga

Buying all of them. Actually im looking forward to the dancing game more than the 3ds one and ultimax(ill be busy with bbcp, dont wanna commit to p4a2 till I have some more time with that)

Obviously im more hyped for p5 than anything else. But I think rhythm games are rad too.

Yup, me too. People usually think I'm joking when I say this, but I'm very excited for it and it did make a difference in my decision to buy a Vita.

LX_Theo

Banned
Going by this logic they would have to own a PS2 or a Vita to see the whole thing since Persona 3 and 4 directly tie into the story of 4A (mainly 4).

Well, the reason its on the 360 to begin with is because the 360 took a considerable amount of the market the PS2 had, including people who had potentially played P3 and P4.

Your counter to my logic is silly. They have the engine on the system. Its a low cost port so people on 360 who really enjoyed can continue and finish the story.

I mean, come on.

Ravage

I honestly didn't expect my ps3 to last me all the way till 2015 (you know what I mean) when I bought mine in 2007.

So, the game was revealed as a "winter 2014" ps3 game a few months ago. And now people are acting surprised or annoyed it will release in the US in 2015 on PS3.

What were you guys expecting?

Well Winter 2014 is an odd timeframe to use in the first place. Since Winter starts right at the end of a year. Really Winter 2014 is more like December 2014 - March 2015. If the game comes out then I'd say it met it's target release. I guess some people were hoping that Winter 2014 meant like October - December 2014.

Can't wait for the inevitable European release dates, 2016 for Dancing All Night, 2018 for Persona 5, Persona Q outright cancelled and Ultimax delayed until the end of time.

Top Bottom