• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 New Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how the Protag seems to have a bit of personality to him. He'll still probably be Mr. Black Slate Silent Protag but at least he isn't all blank face like the last 2 protags were most of the time.

Axass

Never played a Persona game before (P3 and P4 are in my to-play list).

That trailer was ATOMIC. One of the best trailers I've ever seen for a game.

JNA

Banned
Guys I need a new avatar stat!

Can anyone by any chance make one of Potter-Kun transforming to his Persona? Or the blonde gjrl?

Something yo!

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
GOTY 2015 is going to be impossible. Absolutely impossible.

Cooperation makes it sound like Social Links are going to be you helping out other sketchy types with their own heists and crimes as ongoing storylines. DELINQUENT 2D MAXX.

Moot's legacy is secure!! 4chan reference in Persona 5!!

e1v1DYc.jpg

Moot confirmed 5th party member.
This is why he left 4chan.

Frosteey

Neo Member
Loved everything. Menus look amazing. WEAPON GUN CLOTHES. Ice skating. Cat. Potato chips.

Everything I have ever wanted.

I don't think I've ever been hyped more for a game than I ever have before.

Also is Demon Negotiation back in now? We're not fighting shadows at all by looks of it and more fighting demons like we were in Persona 1 and 2. We can't be fighting Personas for Nyarlathotep since Potter-senpai was in the Velvet Room so he can't be an agent for Nyarlathotep.

GOTY 2015 is going to be impossible. Absolutely impossible.

Cooperation makes it sound like Social Links are going to be you helping out other sketchy types with their own heists and crimes as ongoing storylines. DELINQUENT 2D MAXX.

Yeah, I don't know why people are jumping to a "No Social Links" conclusion when it's far more likely that it's just a different implementation. They'd be crazy to kill them.

If what some of you guys are saying holds up and P5 seems to take some ques from Persona 1 & 2, I guess I should man up and play those games.

Zareka

There's no way we get this game this year assuming they don't have a solid release date AND it comes after P4D. :p

Got cutoff by the thread dying:
toddhunter said:
Valkyri van Thanatos said:
Hey, does anyone think the characters will maybe do heists in the "real world" like what might have been seen in the anime cutscene before gameplay? That would be SWEEEET!
I think this is likely, but I also think that the primary purpose of all the stealth is to give the player more interesting ways to get "player advantage" when the battle starts. In P3 and P4, all you had to do was hit their back.
This is gonna BE AWESOME!
toddhunter said:
Valkyri van Thanatos said:
Hey, does anyone think the characters will maybe do heists in the "real world" like what might have been seen in the anime cutscene before gameplay? That would be SWEEEET!
Probably not at launch, but they might do heists at some point in the future.
image.php

(for context, since you can't follow the quote, this is an avatar quote)

Yeah, I don't know why people are jumping to a "No Social Links" conclusion when it's far more likely that it's just a different implementation. They'd be crazy to kill them.

You don't do a trailer reveal after a rock concert and don't include social links... and a truck load of fan service.

It'll be there.

HabeeNo

Just woke up to this beauty...

Buying that shit day -1 edition, I'm beyond hyped right now.

My only complaint is the font of the menus, look pretty chaotic, but other than that it's perfection

If you pause the part where the cat turns into the mascot character, you can see "Luxuria" written above Persona. It might be the name of its persona

Luxuria is another way to refer to Lust of the seven deadly sins fame.

It also might mean light or something.

megalowho

The style, the gameplay, the music, the teases.. God damn that's a good trailer. Looks like what I wanted a new Persona to be in my head, but better. Time to watch some more!

Message from creator:

http://p-ch.jp/news/detail/?nid=244

google translate

Ladies and gentlemen, good evening. It is Hashino of persona team. Today, but I was allowed to publish a video game that had gotten impatient you, or would have been how? At the time of writing this comment, but still I only honest anxiety you do not know the reaction from you, "What next persona Kaito story (laughs)" "Moshiyaru ○ down?!", Etc., etc., warm and plunged I felt that if there is not rife ... and we have expectations. I'm glad if there were a part for me to like even a little. Now his will to challenge the fusion of "picaresque romance" and "school Juvenile" of life-size. In previous work, the villain that everyone afraid, but I drew the story going chasing from the standpoint of legitimate faction, from events, not high school students is stunning in this work, to "chased is" stand for justice that their think day-to-day you are going ... of such thrilling become, life-size characters who will draw as woven "Gakuen Juvenile". And well-behaved bad party members who just a little from the past, we have asked me advance development work if you can enjoy in the graphics and sound that has evolved ... in a team united. Our feelings to work now is all the more. This is the atlas work who can say something distinctive, but those that strength of personality would deviate from the general rules and norms ... there is also such a nuisance of image. But we think, the people of individuality, propagate in both good and bad by someone, by changing the thinking and behavior Maeru ... When Ariel also a force with such a possibility. In recent years, it might be the world feel something suffocation, as long as this world is made ​​up of the relationship between humans, what personality with the people of personality Toka populations, to "force" to break such a "sense of stagnation" can become even - such feelings is like can embody, I hope if Shiagare to work that remains in the mind of everyone ... and. As meet even a little to your expectations, development so we will work hard with team staff, thank you warm support of continued! (Everyone, such as Twitter and blogs, let me look into the comments from everyone I!) Katsura Hashino  (KATSURA HASHINO) "Persona 5" Director & Creative Producer

I really thank to whoever decided to make PS4 version.

Probably Sony lol.

Man, this was such a perfect tease; you know there's alot of new shit at play, but are still left wanting much more.

Ony downside is the lack of a release date, but at least they're still sticking to 2015
for Japan

HeelPower

I think the main characters themselves will be considered criminals/deviants rather than being on the conventional good side.

Forkball

Best menus ever.

So you are a high school cat burglar who fights demons. If that's not a good plot I don't know what is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom