• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 New Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koozek

Wow, that was amazing. Definitely exceeded my expectations. The menu design is crazy good. Are the dungeons still randomly generated? Some platforming elements could really be refreshing - nice!

I'm not even a huge fan of the series, only played P4 back then on the PS2 for a few hours, but enjoyed and binged P4G two weeks ago on a friend's Vita for nearly 30h, planning to continue every time my friend comes to visit our hometown every couple of weeks^^

Like this?

pogczz.gif

Can we have a gif of the MC in the bit where he does the kick

artsi

There's so much hype in the thread that I can't keep up, but I guess it's confirmed that the game is located in Tokyo (he's walking in Shibuya in the station shot).

jvtqrn.gif

People are saying the protag is turning into his persona ala Digital Devil Saga, BUT considering the yellow eyes, my money is on that being his shadow he's confronting.
Yellow eyes aren't particular to shadows
It's more of a "other me" thing through the series, so likely this is just representing his own persona, doubt Atlus will retread the shadow angle

Lunar15

I like how the HP/MP bars are them holding mug shot cards.

Persona was never a subtle series, but this looks to be the least subtle, lol.

Pooya

so enemy symbols are armored knights but they are actually smt demons. I can not wait for them to reuse those new 3d demon models :)))))))) pyro jack lookin good.

hopefully we're playing this by June.

Don

Fantastic trailer.

I haven't played as many games over the past few years as I used to but this is one of the first trailers in quite a while to get me genuinely excited again.

Have there been any signs that Atlus are getting better with their PAL releases?

Yeah, people denying his psycho swag must accept the truth. Speaking of, what do people think will be the main problem the protagonists must face. They almost definitely won't be simply solving a mystery this time.

Indeed.

I wouldn't doubt there being a mystery... The stealth/thieving aspect would likely mean collecting artifacts.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Yellow eyes aren't particular to shadows

It's more of a "other me" thing through the series, so likely this is just representing his own persona, doubt Atlus will retread the shadow angle

So I haven't played P2 (but I'm starting this evening) but I thought Yellow eyes meant Nyarlathotep was controlling them. Might be 100% wrong on this, though.

kiyoaki

Regarding the girl's name (杏), my name dictionary gives me the following possible readings:
あんず、きょう、もも、からもも、り
Anzu, Kyô, Momo, Karamomo, Ri

Anybody spot some furigana somewhere in the trailer for the correct reading?

sappyday

It could be possible that social links will be classmates that you recruit for your heists (i.e hacker kid, getaway kid, etc) and so they will be more involved in the story and will be your "Cooperation."

jvtqrn.gif

People are saying the protag is turning into his persona ala Digital Devil Saga, BUT considering the yellow eyes, my money is on that being his shadow he's confronting.

You're right. It could be that this is the persona "revealing" himself to the protagonist. The persona initially taking on the appearance of the MC to signify that the persona is apart of him.

Fantastic trailer.

I haven't played as many games over the past few years as I used to but this is one of the first trailers in quite a while to get me genuinely excited again.

Have there been any signs that Atlus are getting better with their PAL releases?

Sega helped get p4u here

Zareka

I will pray for a simultaneous world wide release
If the can do that...if they actually pull that off, no one will ever know how happy I was at that moment. If they can seriously get it out everywhere at the same time and avoid having me go dark till it comes out, I will be so happy.

Saying it will come following the JP release at PSX kills my hope a lil bit, though. :(
I love you. I LOVE YOU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom