• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 New Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that the site is actually working, it looks like they have a new blog post up: http://p-ch.jp/news/detail/?nid=244

It's a message from Hashino and the dev team to fans. He talks about how Persona 5's main influences are School Juvenile fiction and Picaresque novels. Unlike previous Persona games where the players were clearly a team on the side of "good" going after a bad guy, this time they're trying for something a little different. The story is about high school students chasing after their own interpretation of "justice" after an unexpected incident. He hopes fans will enjoy the enhanced graphics and sound in the new entry as well as party members who might be a little more ill-mannered than before.

Sounds amazing! Can't wait to dive into the game.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
It's been like 10 years since I last played P2, I don't remember that bit :S

I only found this:
http://katersgonnak8.tumblr.com/post/74212095366/persona-character-designs-eye-and-hair-colours
Yellow Eyes appearing on a pre-existing character = Most commonly this is a Shadow version of the character (in the latter two Persona games), but it can also signify that Nyarlathotep has taken their form (in Persona 2) or the character is possessed by their own Shadow (in Persona 4).

But it's just a blog post. Guess I'm gonna find out soon since I've been meaning to play P2 anyways.

In all seriousness, it has been a long time since I waited for a trailer that so thouroughly delivered.

The graphics, the gameplay, the characters, everything looks better than I expected.

Tomorrow will come the DLC, preorder exclusives, region locking and the extra region locking of the DLC preorder exclusives....

But tonight? Tonight is a good night for gaming.

Walshy

Love the cat burgurlar theme that they have going on.

It was pretty obvious that they was planning a heist in one of the shots too.

TheHall

So this is not coming to Vita?

BRB, finding ways to explain to my wife that hitting on teenagers in class is essential for leveling up....

bonercop

Image dump complete.

Man, it's not like it's a surprise we're making this visual leap to nice PS3-level graphics, but I still cannot believe how much I desired it (and I'm a graphics whore). It changes everything as far as I'm concerned, excitement was already stratospheric now it's like into the cosmos and flying past Jupiter.

persona4jumpnduvl.png

v.
persona6battle048bdl5.png

i'm not so much of a graphics whore but the deformed PS2 models for the persona series look like butt and i'm so glad we got somethign that does the art style justice now.

kewlmyc

Now that the site is actually working, it looks like they have a new blog post up: http://p-ch.jp/news/detail/?nid=244

It's a message from Hashino and the dev team to fans. He talks about how Persona 5's main influences are School Juvenile fiction and Picaresque novels. Unlike previous Persona games where the players were clearly a team on the side of "good" going after a bad guy, this time they're trying for something a little different. The story is about high school students chasing after their own interpretation of "justice" after an unexpected incident. He hopes fans will enjoy the enhanced graphics and sound in the new entry as well as party members who might be a little more ill-mannered than before.

Sold so hard. Love me some anti-heroes.

PURE EVIL ENDING confirmed, will play as Satan.

Actually the whole concept sounds waaay more interesting from the start than Persona 4. They definitely hitting the right notes if they can make it suitably ambiguous and not like InFAMOUS "kill everyone and drink their blood" or "help an old lady cross the street" sort of morality :p

Killing god confirmed?

Foshy

sounds very interesting.

just give it to me

FourMyle

Thank you! This sounds like exactly like the kind of change the series needed to stay fresh. Very glad to hear this!

RPGCrazied

Finally some gameplay! It looks great. Is this the Catherine engine in action? Also, I guess masks play a role in the game somehow.

KorrZ

Wow, it's pretty much everything I was hoping for...a Persona game that looks as amazing (slightly moreso even) than Catherine! YES!

Protag

Banned
BRAH WE GETTING OUR CAT BURGLARS ON???????

Whatever im WITH IT. MUSIC ON POINT, GRAPHICS ON POINT, GIVE. IT. TO.MEEEEEEEE NOWWWWWWWWWWW.

Edit: oh man, we're fighting demons again AND shadows, or just demons??? Wow, WOW PLEASE GIVE THIS TO ME ALREADY.

Chariot

Stop pumping more hype into me, I might detonate

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder how different PS3 version and PS4 version will look, other than the obvious difference in resolution.

Well, the game looks a lot like Catherine (although it's not Gamebryo) so it should also be able to look a lot like Catherine on PS3. Though you're right about obvious resolution and framerate differences.

Catherine engine confirmed (bar that looks like Catherine bar).

Fucking NEKO MASCOT.

TOKYOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!11111

Sexy rollerskating girl shall be mine.

Stylish cutscenes, stylish music, stylish UI, stylish new GAMEPLAY. I LOVE IT I LOVE IT.

DEMON BASTARD.

HOLD ME I JUST CAN'T EVEN PROCESS ANYTHING AHFISUBFVneaighrsgis!!!!1111

Looks like it's just a 3 person core party this time around. (plus cat)

I doubt these are the only three. If it is then I wonder if it hints at...a love triangle?

Image dump complete.

Man, it's not like it's a surprise we're making this visual leap to nice PS3-level graphics, but I still cannot believe how much I desired it (and I'm a graphics whore). It changes everything as far as I'm concerned, excitement was already stratospheric now it's like into the cosmos and flying past Jupiter.

persona4jumpnduvl.png

v.
persona6battle048bdl5.png
Fuck, I had noticed Pyro Jack but we have Sandman as enemies as well? So back to the awesome SMT enemies instead of generic stuff? AYYYYYYY

R&R

Usually not really into this type of games but seriously, that looked fucking amazing! Definitely on my radar now!

IronLich

Request for GIF of twintail girl character with her weapon right before the All Out Attack. It's too quick to get a good look at it. But I do love that pipes are a part of this classy masquerade ball.

This is fucking rad. Day -1 limited collector's PS4 bundle please.
YES.
It's coming to PS4 too!
Now if only Namco Bandai woud confirm Zestiria... Then I could bask fully in the next gen JRPG goodness...
THANK YOU SO MUCH. The trailer was on repeat until now, and this makes it even more convenient to bask in the Shoji Meguro goodness.
I wouldn't doubt there being a mystery... The stealth/thieving aspect would likely mean collecting artifacts.
Yeah, but I wonder if there is more to it from the "break the chains" thing. I suspect some spooking of authority figures abusing their power, and hunting down shadows as if they are supervillains beyond the police's reach. Maybe leaving mysterious anonymous tips for the police to catch the "de-shadowed" bad guys after the fact. Really digging the Tuxedo Mask vibe. さらば!
It could be possible that social links will be classmates that you recruit for your heists (i.e hacker kid, getaway kid, etc) and so they will be more involved in the story and will be your "Cooperation."
Yes please.

SPAW

This sounds so much more intriguing than what was presented in the trailer (I have never played a persona game so I probably missed a Lott of the essentials that made it cool).

Amir0x

Banned
Killing god confirmed?

Haha that's just like every jRPG including like the entire Shin Megami Tensei series so nothing new here ;P

i'm not so much of a graphics whore but the deformed PS2 models for the persona series look like butt and i'm so glad we got somethign that does the art style justice now.

I never had a problem with the PS2 models, though they were charming considering the system limitations.

But, yeah... I am clearly so ready to move on. Hope they have cool Catherine-style conversations in bars

Lusankya

- supposedly improved dungeon design
- urban setting
- slick menus/ui
- getting rid of palette swap shadow enemies and fighting demons/personas
- seemingly really entertaining cast of characters
- strong art and character designs

That's the only thing I don't like in this trailer. I always hate fighting against the very same personas/demons I use as my allies. I hope the horrible persona negotiating doesn't come back.

Boy looks like a rebel, girls looks like she will have a cheeky personality and the MC looks straight up badass that will do what he wants.

HeelPower

GIF-Light-Yagami-s-Evil-Laugh-Death-Note-anime-35890756-320-180.gif

It's baffling how Atlus designers pick such unusual colors for the person game (YELLOW ANYONE ?) and manage to get such amazing art style going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom