• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Premium "Take Your Heart" Edition announced & available for pre-order

• Thread starter Deleted member 57681
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Persona5-premium-big.jpg

Estimated release date is February 14th 2017.
PS4: Persona 5 “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition: Game, SteelBook Collectible Case, Soundtrack CD, 4" Morgana Plush, 64-page Hardcover Art Book, School Bag & Collectible Outer Box

Persona 5 marks the return of the award-winning franchise on home consoles since the PS2 generation, and is the first numbered Persona game in over eight years! With fast-paced Japanese role-playing game mechanics, exciting action sequences, vibrantly stylized characters, enemies, and environments, and elegant anime-style cut-scenes, Persona 5 is unlike any of its predecessors! Persona 5 is a game about the internal and external conflicts of a group of troubled high school students – the protagonist and a collection of compatriots he meets in the game’s story – who live dual lives as Phantom Thieves. They have the typically ordinary day-to-day of a Tokyo high schooler – attending class, after school activities and part-time jobs. But they also undertake fantastical adventures by using otherworldly powers to enter the hearts of people. Their power comes from the Persona, the Jungian concept of the “self;” the game’s heroes realize that society forces people to wear masks to protect their inner vulnerabilities, and by literally ripping off their protective mask and confronting their inner selves do the heroes awaken their inner power, and use it to strive to help those in need. Ultimately, the group of Phantom Thieves seeks to change their day-to-day world to match their perception and see through the masks modern-day society wears.

The 5th numbered game in the series, created by renowned developers :
The core development team of the recent Persona titles unites again for this upcoming game. Long-time Persona series director Katsura Hashino is overseeing the project, while legendary character designer Shigenori Soejima is working closely to create character designs that ooze rebellious style and attitude. The game will also be backed with a soundtrack featuring the fresh sounds of acid jazz composed by the gifted Shoji Meguro. This dream team will bring both depth and style into the mix.

A deep and engaging storyline
The thrilling story of a team of defiant teenagers, growing through every trial they face, begins now. Each case will take you one step closer to the truth veiled in darkness...What awaits our heroes: glory or ruin?

Unique and interesting dungeons with various tricks and traps await
Overcome various obstacles with graceful Phantom Thief action. The simple-to-learn, but hard-tomaster controls will be enjoyed by newcomers and veteran Persona players alike.

Language
A stable of talented voice actors have provided English voice-overs while ATLUS’ celebrated localization team offers an English script that provides a faithful and engaging play experience.

Available at videogamesplus.ca and amazon.com (and I'm sure other retailers), which most likely also is the cheapest option (~90€ incl. shipping) for Europeans that want to have this version of the game before 2020. There's also a steelbook-only launch edition.

Edit:
Best Buy
GameStop

wrowa

Hm. There's no regular case in the CE? That's kind of a bummer considering it looks really nice as well. I'm not a fan of steelbook replacing regular cases (actually, I'm not a big fan of steelbooks in the first place - they never quite look right in the shelf).

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Yea we know. People have been posting about it since some 22 hours ago.
Cool. I think people that don't check that 17 page thread should know as well. I just got the AF mail. Also come February we'll need a place for people to vent if they get their game one day late.

Ridley327

Is the soundtrack the full soundtrack or is it just an arrangement?

It's assuredly a selection of tracks from the game. Persona soundtracks tend to be multi-disc affairs.

Technically speaking, they're doing the same thing with the Japanese SE, but they're throwing in the same kind of discs for the first four games to go along with them with nice packaging.

Ridley327

Will this go up anywhere else? I'd prefer Amazon but I don't want to miss out on this

It's already available for pre-order on Best Buy and Gamestop. Atlus made it sound like that they're going to have a good supply of the CE available, so while I wouldn't dally in any event, this isn't going to be a repeat of the Fire Emblem Fates SE.

Jabo

Language
A stable of talented voice actors have provided English voice-overs while ATLUS’ celebrated localization team offers an English script that provides a faithful and engaging play experience.

Does that confirm no dual audio?

I wonder if that bag is good quality, really want.

Cleve

Really glad to see the CE up on amazon. Gamestop order cancelled.

-edit- were people expecting dual audio in this Persona game for a particular reason?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Super bummed we're not getting the 5-disc OST or the Persona 3 & 4 DLC packs (I'm sure those will either be day one freebies or just sold separately). But got my Amazon pre-order taken care of yesterday. I'll probably just have to hunt down the CD set from the Japanese LE via eBay or whatever.

Now I just hope the CD we're getting isn't another 6 or 8 track sampler like most of the pre-order discs Atlus does.

Super bummed we're not getting the 5-disc OST or the Persona 3 & 4 DLC packs (I'm sure those will either be day one freebies or just sold separately). But got my Amazon pre-order taken care of yesterday. I'll probably just have to hunt down the CD set from the Japanese LE via eBay or whatever.

Now I just hope the CD we're getting isn't another 6 or 8 track sampler like most of the pre-order discs Atlus does.

While I do enjoy this Collector's Edition, the 5-disc OST is probably one of the most appealing parts of the Japanese Package. Maybe I'll import the CD collection, probably at an absurd price.

P3 and P4 both came with CDs and artbooks, first print at least.

At least I will have all 3. It would be cool to have them all in one package and not a bunch of sleeves.

MSMrRound

-edit- were people expecting dual audio in this Persona game for a particular reason?

Cuz Persona 5's Japanese cast is made up of pretty much what most might consider an all-star cast.

Just an example of some of their roles:
(Fukuyama Jun) MC-Lelouch (Code Geass)
Ryuji- Okabe Rintaro (Steins Gate)
(Mizuki Nana) Anne- Fate (Nanoha series)
(Yuuki Aoi) Futaba-Madoka (Magica Madoka)
(Haruka Tomatsu) Haru-Asuna (Sword Art Online)
and more.

Cuz Persona 5's Japanese cast is made up of pretty much what most might consider an all-star cast.

Just an example of some of their roles:
(Fukuyama Jun) MC-Lelouch (Code Geass)
Ryuji- Okabe Rintaro (Steins Gate)
(Mizuki Nana) Anne- Fate (Nanoha series)
(Yuuki Aoi) Futaba-Madoka (Magica Madoka)
(Haruka Tomatsu) Haru-Asuna (Sword Art Online)
and more.
sure doesn't read like an all star cast

eefara

Thanks for the new thread, op. Found out about the pre-order yesterday via Facebook, and couldn't figure out why there was no gaf thread. Clicked through the date announcement thread and found it, but this'll be much more useful for those interested.

m@cross

Not the most exciting CE tbh, was hoping for something better. OST is worth more than all of the stuff in this one alone. Regular Ed for me.

m4st4

Sorry, this item can't be shipped to your selected address.

Thanks, Atlus, Sega, Amazon.uk.............................

Top Bottom