• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Premium "Take Your Heart" Edition announced & available for pre-order

• Thread starter Deleted member 57681
  • Start date
The dubs for P3 and P4 were excellent. You only need dual audio when you know the dub will be bad. This one won't. Good dubs for life.

Also, Asuna in my P5? No thanks. Just further evidence that the dub will be superior in everyway.

Quixzlizx

I wonder whether it's Atlus Japan who doesn't care about dual-audio and doesn't take licensing into account when they negotiate the VA contracts, or whether Atlus USA just doesn't care about including it.

Kudo

I wonder whether it's Atlus Japan who doesn't care about dual-audio and doesn't take licensing into account when they negotiate the VA contracts, or whether Atlus USA just doesn't care about including it.

Really is a mystery, something so standard these days even for smaller releases.
Will double dip once they confirm the existence of dual audio, otherwise I'll be skipping the English version, 20th Anniversary Ed looks better anyhow.

Found my one and only collectors edition of 2017! This year was Last year was Halo, this year Overwatch, next year Persona! And steelbook goodness *drool*

Mr. Hyde

Preordered on Amazon despite not having a PS4 yet. I guess it's an excuse to finally get one by the end of the year.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
If the bag is of the same quality as the one that came with the GTAIV CE, it survives exactly one trip to the gym.

Pre-ordered on Amazon yesterday. I am looking forward to that soundtrack more than the other swag, but all in all its a great package for the 75 bucks I'll be paying as a prime member.

ckohler

I preordered yesterday via Amazon also. Looking forward to the soundtrack CD and art book. The bag might be nice if it isn't cheaply made. I don't need a plush toy, however.

Anybody know yet how many tracks will be on the CD? I get the impression it'll only be a few since it says "a selection" and not specifically that it's the full soundtrack.

RPGCrazied

I preordered yesterday via Amazon also. Looking forward to the soundtrack CD and art book. The bag might be nice if it isn't cheaply made. I don't need a plush toy, however.

Anybody know yet how many tracks will be on the CD? I get the impression it'll only be a few since it says "a selection" and not specifically that it's the full soundtrack.

Be lucky if its 8 - 10 tracks. Its not the full thing though.

More than seven based on what Hardin implied. He said it wasnt the whole thing, but it was pretty subatantial and not a selection like 5 tracks. He then joked that people would say it was seven tracks. I'm gonna guess around 15.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
The soundtrack CDs that came with P3 and P4 had around 20 tracks, if that's anything to go by.

Edit: 18 and 24, to be exact.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
To be fair, that is not the final art. If its that or worse, I'm going to get the normal edition. I do like that cover a lot.
Yeah, it says "art not final" & on the regular edition, it says "...will feature such a bold design (that is yet to be shown)" so it's just a placeholder image.

Atlus CE for Odin sphere had the regular game case inside of a steel sleeve. It was actually really neat and the shiny Gwen art on the sleeve is gorgeous
Thing is, that was a "steel slipcase", where as this will be "steelbook", so it's not the same. Though I think more people would be content if that was the case for this, then that way you can have a regular copy/box of the game with the extra case if you want it.

Be lucky if its 8 - 10 tracks. Its not the full thing though.
This is what I'm expecting. Or hell, maybe we'll get lucky & it'll be closer to the P5 disc that's part of Japan's LE........or Atlus will sell the 5-disc set separately eventually, I JUST WANTED THAT OST, ATLUS, WHY DID YOU NOT BRING IT TO THE US LE?! I'LL GLADLY GIVE YOU MONEY!

muteki

They really should name the pack-in CDs something else to avoid confusion...

The OST for Persona 4 is ~52 tracks on 2 discs, and retails for around 30 dollars, more around release. They aren't going to be including the equivalent in a special edition when they make bank selling it separate. I expect the P5 bonus CD to be a sampling but nowhere near comprehensive.

Is not liking steelbooks a new thing?

Also, pre-ordered.
I don't really like them either, I'd rather the cases on my shelf be uniform, but it is becoming impossible as steelbooks or similar are so common these days. They are being included as a perk in several special/day one editions and I'd rather have the option, instead of forgoing the special edition or waiting until after first prints are sold through.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Is not liking steelbooks a new thing?

Also, pre-ordered.
If I told you that I've disliked steelbooks from the beginning does it make me cool? FFXII is the first steelbook I can remember actually getting my hands on and I've noped them ever since

Pre ordered from Amazon US. I'm surprised it's letting me ship to Australia and I freaking BET it's going to error the hell out closer to release.

Whatever, if it errors I'll use shipito or just cancel and switch to PlayAsia.

Either way, I am getting my damn hands the premium edition.

Changed my preorder to the Steelbook on the hope that it has the normal case inside. Also hoping they'll decide to include the soundtrack, but that's a thin hope. Does the standard Prime shipping get there on release date? The order says the 16th.

Top Bottom