• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Review Thread

GrayChild

4 points lower than Breath of the Wild. Man, what a shitty game. This will probably go down as the disappointment of the year.

Gurish

That still puts it among Uncharted 4 and MGSV as the highest-rated games that aren't ports.

Yea very respectable but damn it's really hard to break the 93 barrier this gen, last gen we had a couple of 93+ games every year, now the avg is like one game per year.

TheContact

I want this game so badly but I don't play console games. I wish this was out on the Vita. I guess I could always remote play. Has anyone tried that? If so how is the experience?

Hasney

I want this game so badly but I don't play console games. I wish this was out on the Vita. I guess I could always remote play. Has anyone tried that? If so how is the experience?

Well it's not a 94 experience... /s

Should be fine for the most part. Only issue is with Sprint in the dungeon being on R2 so that would be a pain.

Philippo

I play it on Vita every night.
It's pretty good on it, only thing is run that is tied to R2, but it's not vital and sometimes i don't use it even with DS4, everything else is fiiiiiine.

I've played through a couple whole palaces using Remote Play. Works great with headphones. Only thing is that the screen dims on extended dialogue scenes so you gotta move the left analog stick every couple minutes to stop the auto-dim.

Also. I have a phyical L2/R2 thing (forgot what it's called) that I bought on Play-Asia so sprinting with the R2 feels natural. However I'm not sure if sprinting works well on the rear touchpad.

NSESN

Funny that most of this generation best reviewed games are either ports of last gen (TLOU and GTAV) or multi-gen releases(BotW and P5).

silva1991

big-eye-onion-head-emoticon.gif

I wasted over 100 hours of my life on only a 93 MC game?

It's my game of generation

Zakalwe

Banned
I don't care if the reviews drop 10 more points.

On my personal scale:

RE7 - 9/10
Yakuza 0 - 9.5/10
Neir: Automata - 7.5/10
Horizon: Zero Dawn: 6.5/10

MC rarely aligns perfectly with my tastes.

Persona 5 is the best game I've played this gen regardless of the score. It's sitting next to Yakuza right now, but honestly I think this could be a 10.

Putty

Now that the MC score has gone down, no doubt peeps will try to offload as quickly as possible, any UK gaffers want to get shot of this garbage then do drop me a PM...Don't suffer anymore...let me help you...

NEO0MJ

big-eye-onion-head-emoticon.gif

I wasted over 100 hours of my life on only a 93 MC game?

It's my game of generation

Wait, how did you play 100 hours in two weeks?! That 50 hours a week!

On my personal scale:

RE7 - 9/10
Yakuza 0 - 9.5/10

Persona 5 is the best game I've played this gen regardless of the score. It's sitting next to Yakuza right now, but honestly I think this could be a 10.

Wait, don't you have a Horizon avatar?

Lifeline

On my personal scale:

RE7 - 9/10
Yakuza 0 - 9.5/10

That's bait.gif

Vice

Do I have to do more than one playthrough to enjoy all the story?
Probably, minor mechanics spoilers.
Some social links require stats (charm, kindness, guts, knowledge and precision) to be leveled to a certain point to progress. You may not have enough guts for example to see how far one social link goes. Raising these stats requires studying or doing certain activities that take up in-game time. In 3 and 4 I was able to see it all in two playthroughs. The stats carry over on New game plus.

93 MC, we are all doomed. Doomed I say! Sell the game while you can!

Oh well, the 94 MC already helped ship a million copies in the west, that's what counts ;-).

NEO0MJ

You can really like a character or art from a piece of media without loving said piece of media.

I know, but for me I usually won't pick an avatar unless I like the source. But then I remembered that I like a lot of designs from stuff I consider terrible, like Gundam Wing.

It was a vacation last week(so much free time to play this masterpiece) and I bought it like a week before release.

Ohhh...Where you at?

I like Aloy's design. I also like Horizon. 6.5/10 doesn't mean bad.

That's Yooka Laylee tier 😱

ethomaz

Banned
Nooooooooo 93... shit tier now.

I'm glad turn-based is the pinnacle of JRPG even some haters saying it is not "modern" lol.

Congrats Atlus and the Persona team.

Zakalwe

Banned
That's Yooka Laylee tier 😱

Tiers are personal, innit. Yooka would probably be a 4/10 on my personal scale because I really don't like those kind of games.

To make it clear, I agree with Horizon's MC score, I can fully understand why it got the reviews it did.

Top Bottom