• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Royal (English / Chinese version) listed for February 20, 2020 release on PlayStation Stores in Asia

Mista

Banned
P5R-Asia_12-02-19.jpg

Listings for a Persona 5 Royal (English / Chinese version) have appeared at Asia-based PlayStation Stores such as Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Indonesia with a release date for February 20, 2020. Pre-orders include the Persona 5 Royal Morgana Car sticker.

Atlus U.S.A. has been teasing a Persona 5 Royal announcement for west for tomorrow, December 3. With the appearance of an English-supported version releasing on February 20, 2020, it is likely the planned announcement is a release date for the west.

Here is an overview of the game, via its store pages:
That which must be changed must first be stolen. Persona 5 Royal is finally here!

Persona 5, the picaresque JRPG that sold over 2.7 million copies worldwide, winner of numerous game industry awards, returns with extra features and content! A brand-new playable character and expanded school year allow players to explore previously untold stories!

Live your best student life with newly added events and activities. After class, new enemies and gimmicks will test your skills as a Phantom Thief. Be careful though, palaces and treasure may not be the same as you remember them!
Gematsu

Jooxed

Gold Member
Isn't the announcement of the announcement coming soon? I tried to play this but I couldn't make it through the first dungeon but I heard that it was the biggest slog.

Im still salty the switch port ended up being not true :lollipop_grimacing:

ethomaz

Banned
Looks like P4 to P4G changes to cater to double dippers.
I'm glad I didn't buy P4 neither P5.

Last edited:

Jooxed

Gold Member
Yes. Don’t drop the game though, the game is brilliant!

It would be better for me to pick it up again when this new version comes out though right? I really liked the music and feel of the game just I couldn't stand the first dungeon so I am definitely interested in giving it another shot. Just haven't really read what Royal brings to the table

Mista

Banned
It would be better for me to pick it up again when this new version comes out though right? I really liked the music and feel of the game just I couldn't stand the first dungeon so I am definitely interested in giving it another shot. Just haven't really read what Royal brings to the table
Well the Japanese feedback is mostly they’re disappointed because of the lack of content. The game builds up nicely, you have my word.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I guess good thing Last of Us got delayed, now I can give my full attention to this game.

From the release pattern of the Persona series.. I have decided not to buy the Vanilla release of future Persona games and instead buy their definitive version. A long ass wait but worth it

Zephir

Less than two weeks before Final Fantasy VII remake? I mean, ok, but it doesn't sound like a good move

Top Bottom