• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Royal Review Thread

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Stephen gave me more a challenge over every single Persona game to date. Also Satan in dds 2, they weren't hard per se but they were just better bosses comparatively. It could also be we are just used to fusing balanced demons/shadows teams.
I enjoy Persona 3-5 very much, but yeah the bosses in SMT are much better designed all around.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I see lots of people complaining about this dungeon and the boss, when I was going through it I was waiting the part that got people so frustrated, but I never experienced it so I thought I was missing something. Even with the boss I was not really struggling with it. I guess I never the understood what was frustrating about it.
Good for you.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry, I wasn't trying sound like an a**hole. I was just trying to understand whats the frustration comes from in that dungeon.
Yeah what made the boss hard? It is a megaten spin off. Buff/debuff and win.

drganon

Sorry bumping but I am so freaking angry with this game right now and need to rant! Just done the 5th palace and that shit is absolute fucking bullshit. I have zero problem in the original game but I was so close to beating the crap out of my PlayStation and firing it out the window.

I spent 12 hours on that palace. The palace itself was a breeze but the boss fight is ridiculous. I lost count how many times I died but I had had enough so decided to quit to the safe room...y'know the one right before the boss OR SO I THOUGHT! Nope it was another one so I had to do the entire bloody section where you jump through space. I have never used the fast forward feature so much.

I finally got back to the boss and the bullshit started again. I tried turning it down to easy and crafting the highest Persona I could which I think was lvl 90 Messiah. That didn't help but one of the times I did get to the final wave and had just half a health heart left on that fucking creepy robot. Yet another half an hour wasted.

I was ready to just abandon the game after putting about 60 hours in to it but I have it one more try. I realized the enemies have multiple weaknesses and just went to town on the tincan freaks. So fired off some items to damage for those that didn't have the skills. Got the baton pass up and knocked the rusty idiots on their metal asses.

Finished it with 15 mins left. Holy crap I have never felt so relieved to save a game. I had nightmares last night of this game. It's absolute crap and I doubt I will ever be replaying this again. If Atlus were gonna nerf it they would've done it by now.

Rant over! Sorry. Did I mention this boss is bullshit? Fuck Okumura!
Yeah, that palace sucks. I have no shame in admitting I watched a video to get past that stupid second airlock puzzle .

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Bumping again just to ask a question.

How much free time do I get between 12/23 and the end of the game? I will have access to the 3rd Semester.

I want to know because I want to try max out some more confidants if at all possible. Ann + Tae are lvl 9. Ryuji, Yusuke, and Makoto are 8. For Sojiro I need to do the Mementos request Futaba gave me to continue levelling him up.

Those are the ones I want to max out. The rest I have either maxed out or got them as far as I care to go with them.

iorek21

Bumping again just to ask a question.

How much free time do I get between 12/23 and the end of the game? I will have access to the 3rd Semester.

I want to know because I want to try max out some more confidants if at all possible. Ann + Tae are lvl 9. Ryuji, Yusuke, and Makoto are 8. For Sojiro I need to do the Mementos request Futaba gave me to continue levelling him up.

Those are the ones I want to max out. The rest I have either maxed out or got them as far as I care to go with them.

IIRC, you get something like 3 full weeks in January until the deadline which is Feb 3rd.

Just bear in mind that you'll also have to spare 3 days for the last palace's infiltration (yep, it's long) and every squadmate gets a 3rd Persona awakening, which takes the whole afternoon.

So I'd say you get around 15 free days (a little less if you go for the rest of Kasumi's confidant); but don't worry much about Mementos requests, you can continue them in January

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Announced doesn't matter, what matters is when it'll finally release lol.

I don't expect to be playing Persona 6 before 2027~ at the earliest.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Aren't there some announcements still left from the Persona anniversary?

Honestly, what happened? They hyped the anniversary up but I feel like we ended up getting nothing.

Also yeah, I wouldn't expect playing this anytime soon. Better start eating healthier and doing some kind of exercise, could be a long wait.

Top Bottom