• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Social-Link/Confidant discussion |OT| Laughing Banana is Makoto's husbando

Good question. Often those are the best written ones to follow..

From my understanding, there's no "favored" route like Yukari or Aigis from 3 or Marie from Golden.

I think Sojiro mistakenly believes that the protag is dating Ann and then Makoto at separate points. Futaba also gets her own mini-arc in the story after joining the group.

Can you reverse or break Confidant links in Persona 5? I really enjoyed that Mechanic in Persona 3. It made my friendships seem more meaningful, real, and dynamic.

Mild Persona 3 spoilers below:
If I recall correctly I was first dating Yuko, but kinda got caught up in Chihiro's story and then after a while got pretty annoyed with that and just left her alone to complete Yuko's Link. Chihiro got angry and the social link reversed. Later, I was hanging out with Yukari and beginning to romance her. Chihiro gave me a chance to fix things and I tried for a while but still left again, which is when the social link broke completely and I don't think I could get any more bonus experience from fusing Persona's of the Justice arcana.

I like when there are actual consequences for your actions and those you develop relationships with get angry and act like real people.

I think I also reversed the Magician social link.
I would also like to know this.

Astral

Who's the most Rise character in 5? Rise's confidence was extremely attractive. I chose Chie but the whole time I thought "Rise tho..." Yu Narukami is a bad dude.

From my understanding, there's no "favored" route like Yukari or Aigis from 3 or Marie from Golden.

I think Sojiro mistakenly believes that the protag is dating Ann and then Makoto at separate points. Futaba also gets her own mini-arc in the story after joining the group.
Till the updated version :p don't know if Altus has mention anything regarding that or not since I been blacked out for the most part.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Who's the most Rise character in 5? Rise's confidence was extremely attractive. I chose Chie but the whole time I thought "Rise tho..." Yu Narukami is a bad dude.

You chose the right girl. Your scenario is like sitting at a steak house and thinking about Burger King.

MSMrRound

I like Futaba
cuz she's voiced by Aoi Yuuki

but among the party members Makoto hands down get the best animation award.

E.g when she's idle in the midst of the battle and just hopping up and down a couple of times trying to pump herself up for the battle.

I'll probably getting the Shadow Operatives outfit DLC set mainly for Makoto too.

I'm still kinda bummed that
the braid part of her hairstyle was actually just a elastic hair band

JKmWtxL.jpg

What the hell is this???

You could not be more wrong. You could try, but you would not be successful.

Wait, is it still April Fool's Day? You're pulling my leg, right?

Chie is perhaps the blandest character in all of Persona-dom, and I've never understood Gaf's interest in her. Also, her head looks like a pumpkin (of course, so does Emil's and I love him, so I guess that in of itself isn't dispositive...).

Cornbread78

Are Tae and Ann's romances good? I'll definitely go with one of those two for my first playthrough.

So if i can talk about characters ..let me write my thoughts about them:

Protagonist : AWESOME
Ann : Goood at the start , rough in the middle , nice end
Yusuke : Great when he appears , Dull in the middle , ok ending.
Morgana : Superbe start , awesome middle , excellent ending
Makoto : Excellent start , good middle , great ending , excellent girlfriend.
Futaba : Good start , nice middle , great ending , superb girlfriend
Haru : Rough start , understandable given the context , nice middle , good ending ,intresting girlfriend
Goro : Good start , excellent middle , ok ending , NIce girlfriend ( I Wish )
Munehisa : Lol Start , nice middle , good ending
Sojiro : Nice start ,Good middle , Great ending
Tae : Excellent start , Great middle , good ending , Girlfriend of the year , Top 3 waifu
Hifumi : Great start , superb middle , great ending , I'm not worthy of being your boyfriend ,
Should have been part of the thieves gang
, Top 3 waifu
Toranosuke : Confusing start , intresting middle , great end
Sadayo : Good start , Great middle , Awesome ending , Hidden gem of girlfriend in this game. Top 3 waifu
Chihaya : Most predictable S-link , good start , good middle , great ending ( yet her story was well told ) , Good girlfriend.
Yuuki : Bad start , good middle , great ending
Shinya : Ok start , good middle , good ending
Ichiko : Nice start , ok middle , good ending
Igor : GREAT ,GREAT , GREAT
Caroline & Justine : GREAT , GREAT , GREAT , can i give them a hug ?
Sae : Great start , Awesome middle , Great end

-----------------------------------------------------
Waifu ranking :
1) Tae
2) Hifumi
3) Sadayo
4) Makoto
5) Futaba
6) Haru
7) Chihaya
8) Ann

I wanted to get this off my chest in MONTHS

Good summary here by R_T. His opinion of course...

T A E and H I F U M I gang

Do these social links provide the same kinda bonuses that previous games did (I.e taking death blows) or are there extra benefits?

Ann is at the bottom? Dang. I still think I'm gonna stick with her when I play the game.

I wouldn't take opinions here as gospel. Everybody has a different opinion. Plenty of people who also played the japanese release in other forums seem to say Anne's romance is among the more fulfilling romances.

Gestahl

T A E and H I F U M I gang

Do these social links provide the same kinda bonuses that previous games did (I.e taking death blows) or are there extra benefits?

Every social link provides an array of abilities and unlocks that differ depending on the character or if they're a party member.

Just to be sure, you can't romance more than one girl like you "kinda" could in Persona 4 Golden right?

I don't want to accidentally lead someone on and have another extremely heartbreaking Valentine's Day situation all over again.

I'm sorry for having to choose between the two of you Rise and Naoto!!!!

Also, Rise and Naoto are absolute perfection and clearly the best choices in P4G.

Gestahl

Just to be sure, you can't romance more than one girl like you "kinda" could in Persona 4 Golden right?

I don't want to accidentally lead someone on and have another extremely heartbreaking Valentine's Day situation all over again.

I'm sorry for having to choose between the two of you Rise and Naoto!!!!

Also, Rise and Naoto are absolute perfection and clearly the best choices in P4G.

The game tells you when you're about to romance someone. Like it did in P4.

Accidentally my ass

Yep, you can. I've already seen the result of
harem Valentines
so I'll be going with Futaba on first playthough and Tae on second.

This was my exact experience with 4, if you just swap Chie with Naoto. Totally led Rise on, and by Valentine's Day when she ran out of the classroom crying, that's when I knew I fucked up.

Should've gone with Rise.

Good summary here by R_T. His opinion of course...
Of course , this is my opinion and only my opinion ..

BUt if you don't like sadayo and hifumi romances you have no soul and that's a fact :)

Oh you can , you definitely can.
You'll know when you'll be making that choice. That and the following Sms you'll get.

Can you even have husbandos in this game?

No.
I already know who i'll go for , if a FeMC get added in this game , like P3

btkadams

Aw that's really disappointing to hear you can't have boyfriends in this one...I really thought that was coming after we had Persona 4 recognize different sexualities in its story.

Aw that's really disappointing to hear you can't have boyfriends in this one...I really thought that was coming after we had Persona 4 recognize different sexualities in its story.

It didn't really recognise them as much as kinda bring them up and then go "nah lol" and drop the matter entirely.

The game tells you when you're about to romance someone. Like it did in P4.

Accidentally my ass
I'll be honest. I was just skipping through the text when it wasn't a character and I had my mind somewhere else when I skimmed through it. My thought afterwards was that I was getting closer to max my social link. Not a very good reason haha!
Yep, you can. I've already seen the result of
harem Valentines
so I'll be going with Futaba on first playthough and Tae on second.
Yikes. I'm not planning on doing a harem Valentine anyway so I'll be more careful this time.
Of
Oh you can , you definitely can.
You'll know when you'll be making that choice. That and the following Sms you'll get.
Is it really bad? I'm still thinking about who I should be with. Either Tae, Ann or Makoto. But I have been hearing good things about Sadayo and Hifumi.

Argh it's so hard to choose!!!

Top Bottom