• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Tactica has leaked. Persona 3 Remake coming to Xbox Game Pass on Day One.

Draugoth

Gold Member
PS3 Remake Trailer Thread by adampsapple

FyIl6VcacAEopGV

FyIiraWWIAImnpI
FyIjUxjWIAApJvG
FyIjAGWWIAEIEQl
FyIhMR8XsAMbiUu
FyIhMQ3WcAMOGjm

Last edited:

reksveks

Guess that Sega x Azure strategic partnership back in early 2022 is having some benefits for Xbox with Atlus content, too. Pretty solid gets for them all things considered.

Wonder how it'll go over with some of the core fans in the fanbase not on Xbox. It's a risky move on Atlus's part.
Those fans are still getting the games, no?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
most likely but if it’s handled like the previous ports Xbox will have it so for 2-3 days Atlus can’t actually say if they’re coming to other platforms

These are game pass branded spots so likely what will be shown at the Xbox showcase. Absolutely no one is expecting these to not release on PS4/5.

Paltheos

This is sure a timeline.

What does 'Windows' mean in this context? An MS proprietary platform (... other than Windows, that is) or direct on Windows itself or Steam/GOG/etc. which I'm assuming 'no'.

graywolf323

Gold Member
These are game pass branded spots so likely what will be shown at the Xbox showcase. Absolutely no one is expecting these to not release on PS4/5.
yes I know, I’m referring to how the Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Golden ports were announced though which was through Xbox but it took 2-3 days before other platforms were confirmed which was unusual

the fact that these came from Atlus’ social media and yet don’t mention other platforms is exactly the same

This is sure a timeline.

What does 'Windows' mean in this context? An MS proprietary platform (... other than Windows, that is) or direct on Windows itself or Steam/GOG/etc. which I'm assuming 'no'.
Microsoft Store, Steam and anywhere else will have wait until they can announce them for anything that’s not a Microsoft platform

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Then don't buy them? They are working on P6 currently and these projects are fun things for fans of P5 and Persona in general that don't take nearly the dev time. They aren't mandatory purchases.
Atlus free to make them and fans are free to buy them but for me I’m done with Persona 5 at this point and ready for Persona 6 or SMTVI.

Last edited:
Those fans are still getting the games, no?

Many will. But some might not, at least not Day 1 if they can wait, say, a year to get it for cheap in Game Pass, play it for a month, beat it, then move on.

Even more would probably do that if it's Day 1 across multiple platforms but also in Game Pass at launch.

Though when I say "some", that range can be very little to a few thousands, maybe a few dozen thousands. Most Persona fans probably already have a PS or would get a PS as I'm sure many of them are fans of other JRPGs like FF and would want a system that has almost all of them (outside of some Nintendo exclusives like Xenoblade).

Is it just Xbox that does these announcements with embargoes to not mention other platforms?

Microsoft mandates that game reveals for their platform have a 24-48 hour grace period before companies can mention other platforms.

Not sure if this is for games that MS have marketing rights to, or all games that premier at their events, though.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Many will. But some might not, at least not Day 1 if they can wait, say, a year to get it for cheap in Game Pass, play it for a month, beat it, then move on.

Even more would probably do that if it's Day 1 across multiple platforms but also in Game Pass at launch.

Though when I say "some", that range can be very little to a few thousands, maybe a few dozen thousands. Most Persona fans probably already have a PS or would get a PS as I'm sure many of them are fans of other JRPGs like FF and would want a system that has almost all of them (outside of some Nintendo exclusives like Xenoblade).

Bruh, the game will still come to playstations, why are you acting like game pass day 1 means it's not anywhere else.

mejin

I expected way more coming from Reload. Also, P5T is another spin that ignores Royal...pity.

Bruh, the game will still come to playstations, why are you acting like game pass day 1 means it's not anywhere else.

?? I'm not, tho. However we can't pretend that at least some Persona fans might choose the option that's more beneficial for their pockets, and just wait to play it in Game Pass.

The hardcore fans won't wait; chances are they already have their systems and will probably buy these games on PlayStation because they will play their other JRPGs there. But there is a subset of more casual Persona fans who might choose otherwise.

I guess my question is if deals for this stuff into Game Pass also predicate themselves on expecting a certain threshold of B2P sales on other platforms to justify the deals and keep costs for securement manageable for Microsoft. Because if those B2P sales start to change, but increases in subscription revenue don't appear, it could mess up the dynamics of some of these types of Game Pass deals down the line.

Microsoft mandates that game reveals for their platform have a 24-48 hour grace period before companies can mention other platforms.

Not sure if this is for games that MS have marketing rights to, or all games that premier at their events, though.
Wow, that’s pretty damn pathetic. Especially given they jumped on Twitter straight after Sony’s showcase with a THESE ARE ALSO COMING TO XBOX graphic.

I understand why they do it (small man syndrome), but it’s pathetic none the less. Hope other platforms don’t start doing that. They can eat shit too if they do that.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Lol they just leaked trailers meant for the Xbox showcase by themselves :pie_roffles:
Btw graphics wise it's hard to be impressed.
Hopefully with Persona 6 they'll make something that looks at least like Tales of Arise but I wouldn't hold my breath on it.
If you are going in to Atlus game expecting high tech graphics then you be disappointed. What Atlus usually push is style instead of graphics, it has been like this since forever.

adamsapple

Lol they just leaked trailers meant for the Xbox showcase by themselves :pie_roffles:
Btw graphics wise it's hard to be impressed.
Hopefully with Persona 6 they'll make something that looks at least like Tales of Arise but I wouldn't hold my breath on it.

It's a cross-gen game.

It's also an Atlus game.

So ...

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Is it just Xbox that does these announcements with embargoes to not mention other platforms?

Did you not watch the PlayStation showcase?
This seems like a trailer scheduled for the Xbox event. You wouldn’t see other platforms listed there.

Any source for this?

Last edited:

Elios83

If you are going in to Atlus game expecting high tech graphics then you be disappointed. What Atlus usually push is style instead of graphics, it has been like this since forever.

As a Persona fan I know we can't expect state of the art graphics from them. But there's always a progression within their limits.
But these two games are basically PS2 HD stuff....
Hopefully the fact the series has become more mainstream will mean that we can expect at least good PS4 quality with P6.

fermcr

Seems they jumped the gun. I'm betting these announcements were for the Xbox Showcase.
Someone will be fired...

Last edited:
Did you not watch the PlayStation showcase?
Did Sony prevent publishers and other platforms stating that their games are coming to other platforms for days after the event? No. The press releases mentioned the other platforms.

Microsoft appears to include a clause stopping publishers from discussing other platforms for a number of days after the announcement.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Guess that Sega x Azure strategic partnership back in early 2022 is having some benefits for Xbox with Atlus content, too. Pretty solid gets for them all things considered.

Wonder how it'll go over with some of the core fans in the fanbase not on Xbox. It's a risky move on Atlus's part.

Maybe those core fans will grab gamepass or just buy it on pc or ps?

Belthazar

Do you really think this is going to be Xbox exclusive? That's some next level cluelessness.

Top Bottom