• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Trailer 2

_woLf

That was a really weak trailer, to be honest. Had a ton of re-used gameplay, was mostly just anime scenes, and (imo) the music really lacked personality.

Disappointing. I really hope this game makes it in 2015 but I'm beginning to worry.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Trailer was alright.

Visuals are pretty rough. It looks no better than Catherine, and possibly actually worse? Art direction is strong though, obviously.

Jesus Christ. This nonsense is even spreading to these games. Put Catherine and this game side by side. And then come back and say the graphical somehow looks WORSE.

Similar but taking advantage of a better understanding of the engine and new consoles. . .but worse. Please.

I'm sure Sony would have taken it.
Blame Atlus, they already promised people who preordered P4D that they're the first to see it, so no E3.

I know, a stupid decision.
200.gif

They missed out on some massive publicity for the west of one of their biggest franchises. Pretty bad mistake on their marketing team IMO. A real shame. Just look at what happened with Shenmue`s kickstarter.

That was a really weak trailer, to be honest. Had a ton of re-used gameplay, was mostly just anime scenes, and (imo) the music really lacked personality.

Disappointing. I really hope this game makes it in 2015 but I'm beginning to worry.

Compared to what? Because compared to most games it has personality in spades.

Lunar15

Every shot of the protagonist in his thief gear is him trying to look cool and mischievous and it's kind of really, really bad.

But that's kind of the point. Docile by day, reckless by night. I'd say they made everything fit thematically.

Also, you can't get much edgier than this:

Orpheus_in_P3_Movie.jpg

But I get it, different strokes for different folks. I think they're pulling it off, in my opinion.

Mendax

so are 3 characters and a cat all there is or are other characters surprises for when the game releases :0

Daft_Cat

Hm. At this point I'm more interested in an in-depth breakdown of some of the new features. Maybe some extended footage or something... and of course, a release date.

It's a cool trailer... but nowhere near as good as the last one.

Zukuu

Banned
Definitely more heavy than P4 but probably the same as P3 considering the possible theme. The footage we see is just kind of light-hearted because it's like the first day of school, lol
Really? I didn't get that out of the two trailers. While P4 was similar in many ways, it was about people getting killed and the constant danger of someone being murdered. So I don't know how stealing some artifacts will provide a more serious tone. The costumes on top make me think it will actually be the most light-hearted.

Or was there some info I missed at some point?

Shouta

For the battle sequence voice snippets:

MC: Persona (obviously, lol)
Anne: I'm not going to hold back!
Morgana: It's time for me to show my stuff!
Ryuji: I'm fired up!

Ryuji's lines can be translated in a number of different ways because of the words he says but I did one based on context, that I think might work, lol

Really? I didn't get that out of the two trailers. While P4 was similar in many ways, it was about people getting killed and the constant danger of someone being murdered. So I don't know how stealing some artifacts will provide a more serious tone. The costumes on top make me think it will actually be the most light-hearted.

Or was there some info I missed at some point?

The first trailer established the Deadly Sins theme and this trailer mentions blasphey/sacrilege. I'm expecting more than just a light-hearted stealing romp with those in place.

Vanguard

Super excited! Although I'm still getting the impression I will have to import it from NA to EU? Which I rather not do, cause you know, rather have the sales in my region to show demand etc.

Kolx

It's a shame that a game with the quality of Persona still can't get a missive fan base in the west due to Atlus and Sega stupid marketing plan.

so are 3 characters and a cat all there is or are other characters surprises for when the game releases :0

almost certain that there'll be more characters when the game releases. This is just to tease people for the game.

It's a shame that a game with the quality of Persona still can't get a missive fan base in the west due to Atlus and Sega stupid marketing plan.

The buck falls squarely on Atlus. They could be using the much bigger advertising budget of Sega Sammy. But they don't, and they sabotage themselves, and basically do opposite what they wanted: nobody really cared for P4D, all they wanted was that disk.

but profit's profit.

SeanTSC

Oh god, all my HYPES. The wait is physically painful.

I want to see more, but I don't want to be spoiled. It's a terrible dilemma.

Nimby

Banned
I'm guessing more info from Atlus when the trailer officially releases.
Jun 2.0 got style, but for some reason I don't think he's a party member.

Finally!

I thought it was good. I really love the edgier juvenile delinquent feel compared to P4. And you got to hear their voices this time.

The music was good, as expected. Not much new gameplay, but the story sequences shown are leaving me very intrigued and excited. I love the new shopping mall dungeon, look rad.

The characters look so free and fun. Ryuji seems so hyper and fun, not just a carbon copy of Junpei as the "pervy best friend". And Anne seems like the Yukari of the game, but hopefully she's interesting. Probably has a more rebellious side compared to Yukari.

And the new guy reminds me of Sai from Naruto mixed with Jun from P2 or P3's main character. Seems cool. Maybe he's a fighter or maybe we'll actually have a guy as the support person.

I always wanted to have a male support unit. Teddie doesn't count.

Seems like the battle gif confirms it.

He is sad that it leaked. But not telling the Releasedate for NA (or even EU) is okay.

He's had half his head sliced off

"Tired of your shit, GAF."

He has quite a range of emotions.
I don't see why the trailer leaking is a bad thing or why Atlus is trying to take it down. Won't work anyway. Hype for P5 is GOOD

P4DAN will sell on its own merits

Top Bottom