• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Won't Be Out In North America Until February 2017

2986654-9989911848-P5-Wi.jpg

Winter 2017 for Europe. Only 3 years late. And no PS3.

Zhao_Yun

I shouldn't complain since I already have enough games for this year, but having P5, FFXV and SO5 in the same year would have been a perfect for me.

zulux21

remember when they said it was confirmed to still be coming in 2015.

eh... not a big deal as long as they use this time to make sure that what ever collectors edition they make has enough stock to at least stay live on amazon/best buy for at least a day.

I still want to give them my extra money for likely pointless stuff. I mean heck I bought the e3 bag from last year off ebay. need my extra persona goodies.

Hagi

Everything I want to play gets delayed. It better be region free because I'm not waiting until Feb 2019 to play it in the UK.

Hey, they also reconfirmed hte PS3 version and gave details on the PS4 special edition, that's pretty cool.

Take Your Heart” Premium Edition - PlayStation 4 only ($89.99/CA$109.99)

Exclusive to the PS4 version of the game, the premium edition includes the following:

Soundtrack CD: A selection of music from Persona 5 by legendary series composer Shoji Meguro in a CD wallet featuring P5 artwork.
Morgana plush: Morgana the cat is not just the mascot of the Phantom Thieves, but is also a member—and also not just a cat! The premium edition includes an exclusive 4" plush of Morgana.
64-page hardcover art book: This art book is full of concept sketches, character art, and more by character designer Shigenori Soejima.
SteelBook: As strong as a vault, the game disc for the PS4 will come specially packaged in a SteelBook collectible case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs.
School bag: Designed after the traditional school bags in Japan, the exclusive replica bag comes complete with the Shujin Academy crest.
Collectible outer box: Easily the largest premium edition in ATLUS’ history, the entirety of the “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition comes in a colossal collectible box.

Do you hear that crying? It's my wallet in complete agony imagining the cost this will be to bring it home.

ReaperXL7

Sucks but I can't really get mad as there is already so much coming out this year that I want to play. Persona and Horizon to kick off 2017 is fine by me

Kyoufu

Good news.

This year there's a ton of stuff to play like Star Ocean 5, World of Final Fantasy, FFXV, Dragon Quest Builders, Dragon Quest VII etc so it doesn't bother me that it's not out this year.

E3 2016....the year of 2017

Welcome to every E3 ever.

silva1991

Well this sucks

I can only think of 2 games that interests me in the next 6 months(TLG and FF15)

incompetent companies man

get ready to be spoiled I guess.

Deft Beck

It feels like they're making Atlus USA wait until the Japanese version is completely finished before they can start localizing it.

Vinc

I really don't feel like this is a disappointment at all, also the thread title should include the date, since a specific one is given!

DKHF

Will this be a record for most appearances on a shinobi GAF most anticipated list? 4 in a row (assuming it makes the 2017 one which it will).

And before someone says FFXV, it was never given a release year before last year so it only had 1 appearance.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Not too bad. But as an EU person this will be my first game i ever import

As knowing Atlus the EU port will be like late 2017/ early 2018 at best.

Alienfan

Wait why are people in Europe worried about a European release date? The PS4 is region free right? Importing is a hassle, but you won't have to wait until 2018 or anything ridiculous like that :p

muteki

Nice that the special edition has some unique stuff.

Don't feel bad about importing the JP special edition now.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
When do we know if the game is region locked or not?

So incredibly split on whether to play this game in Japanese when it comes out. I know enough to get through it with a dictionary and enjoy the voice acting a fair amount, but hearing it and reading things in English has a lot more acute emotional impact and of course I can get all the subtleties of the speech. If it has a lot of emotional twists and turns like P4, I'd want the full impact of them... Not even a huge fan of the gameplay lol. But like everyone else I'm dying to get my hands on it.

Top Bottom