• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay, just one month 'til P3 #1 Spring of Birth hits BD

tumblr_m8ms2iiIFS1qmjvtr.gif

I still adore that .GIF. It never fails to make me smile.

My promise of a PGAF meetup should the movie ever get dubbed still stands, by the way. I'll give a couple of paperclips and a Subway coupon to anyone who's willing to chip in and help with the cost! >_>

kewlmyc

My promise of a PGAF meetup should the movie ever get dubbed still stands, by the way. I'll give a couple of paperclips and a Subway coupon to anyone who's willing to chip in and help with the cost! >_>

...how big are the paperclips? This is important.

todd360

Guys have you seen how grim dark and mature the new kirby game is.

This is some next level stuff right here. Look at the panic on that things face as Kirby mercilessly devours it. Persona 5 could definitely learn a thing or two from this.

cj_iwakura

The tube carrying the Bravely Default poster I got from GameStop rewards was thrown out.

And it's no longer on their site.

I hate myself right now.

So....what type of sandwich are we talking about, this is totally Persona related by the way

Sorry, reposting the entire thing just for Corvo, sorry dude!

GASP. FUUKA WEEK IS OVER!

tumblr_mu2xtzO1Fz1s5now8o1_250.png

Ok then, lets do this thing.

By Chet Rippo

Dont Fuuka with da bazooka or your luuka runna out.

By Dantis
This was Fuuka's face when she found out she was gonna be in Arena 1 as an NPC.

By Pan-hime
zpuzR5b.png

P4A Fuuka wonders what she would look like if she was in PQ instead of her younger self.

By LelouchViBritannia
fqTmiC6.png

Fuuka may appear demure and innocent...
LYA9KCY.png

...but dont Fuuka with her.
n4gAZoy.png

Though, they did Fuuka with her. She ain't gonna be happy this week.

By TurnipFritters
4ubnNVI.jpg

When the crew is on those floors where the shadows are so weak they run away, Fuuka gets bored and decides to look at pictures of cake instead, hoping to one day bake that shit.
PN7alHw.gif

Ia! Ia! Juno Fuukagn!

By Vox Chaotica
One day it will be Lisa Silverman Week, Vox. One day...

By Arue
NmDNqlV.jpg

When Fuuka saw Rise in Arena Ultimax, she got excited thinking she was a sho-in for sure too!...Little did she know....

By Reanimatoin
bH8Obrs.jpg

Yamagishi Yawned Over Yonder Yo. Nope, no idea what this description means.

By Buddha0991
91VEgOt.png

Fuuka traded up from the trash bag poncho thing, and hey it has +20 endurance stat!

By InsaneElite
AnZHRqd.png

Upon seeing Ken in Arena Ultimax instead of her, it broke Fuuka, literally.

By CorvoSol
ORaxtfD.png

Beep Boop The Enemy

tccfZ1g.gif
tccfZ1g.gif

Cosplay Week Y/N?

FluxWaveZ

Reposting:
New details:

- Japanese release date = August 28, 2014
- Price = 6,980 yen
- New mode = "Golden Arena Mode", w/ RPG elements such as leveling up, learning skills and customization and Social Links. Will be implemented in arcades this Friday.
- Story of P4AU might tie into story of P4D.

August 28 is mighty close to September 16...

GASP. FUUKA WEEK IS OVER!

tumblr_mu2xtzO1Fz1s5now8o1_250.png

Ok then, lets do this thing.

By Chet Rippo

Dont Fuuka with da bazooka or your luuka runna out.

By Dantis

This was Fuuka's face when she found out she was gonna be in Arena 1 as an NPC.

By Pan-hime
zpuzR5b.png

P4A Fuuka wonders what she would look like if she was in PQ instead of her younger self.

By LelouchViBritannia
fqTmiC6.png

Fuuka may appear demure and innocent...
LYA9KCY.png

...but dont Fuuka with her.
n4gAZoy.png

Though, they did Fuuka with her. She ain't gonna be happy this week.

By TurnipFritters
4ubnNVI.jpg

When the crew is on those floors where the shadows are so weak they run away, Fuuka gets bored and decides to look at pictures of cake instead, hoping to one day bake that shit.
PN7alHw.gif

Ia! Ia! Juno Fuukagn!

By Vox Chaotica

One day it will be Lisa Silverman Week, Vox. One day...

By Arue
NmDNqlV.jpg

When Fuuka saw Rise in Arena Ultimax, she got excited thinking she was a sho-in for sure too!...Little did she know....

By Reanimatoin
bH8Obrs.jpg

Yamagishi Yawned Over Yonder Yo. Nope, no idea what this description means.

By Buddha0991
91VEgOt.png

Fuuka traded up from the trash bag poncho thing, and hey it has +20 endurance stat!

By InsaneElite
AnZHRqd.png

Upon seeing Ken in Arena Ultimax instead of her, it broke Fuuka, literally.

By CorvoSol
ORaxtfD.png

Beep Boop The Enemy

tccfZ1g.gif
tccfZ1g.gif

Cosplay Week Y/N?
...why is my sketch there?

Squire

Banned
Excellent. Looks like that BestBuy release date was spot on huh?

Also yay for Golden Abyss mode.

Aren't the releases even closer together than the original release? I'm curious as to what this means for their efforts to avoid region-locking.

It's awesome that they're putting GA mode in the arcade version. We'll get a clear image of that really soon.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
September 2 : Danganronpa 2
September 9: Destiny
September 16: P4A2 (possibly?)

FUUUUUUUCK

What a great birthday month.

Sophia

Aren't the releases even closer together than the original release? I'm curious as to what this means for their efforts to avoid region-locking.

It's awesome that they're putting GA mode in the arcade version. We'll get a clear image of that really soon.

It means we're getting region locking
but Europe will actually get the game at around the same time.
Or at least, that's my guess! :p

FluxWaveZ

Nah, the JPN release of P4A was approximately two weeks apart from the NA one, while P4AU seems to be just a bit more than that. P4A's release was actually supposed to be simultaneous across regions, however they actually pushed the Japanese release forward for some reason.

But I'm also mainly curious what this means for region locking. The game is coming out way later than I expected (I was really expecting late July/early August) and so it's going to be really close to the NA release, just like last time. What will they choose to do...?

I'll probably import it anyways if it's not region locked but, man, 2 weeks, huh. That's real close.

Edit: Also, this might establish a more accurate time frame in Japan for the next games. Persona Q is early June. P4U2 is late August. P4D is early October? P5 is late December?

Squire

Banned
September 2 : Danganronpa 2
September 9: Destiny
September 16: P4A2 (possibly?)

FUUUUUUUCK

What a great birthday month.

You're September too? Sick. Gonna be a good month. My Dragon Age hype will be in overdrive then, too.

Nah, the JPN release of P4A was approximately two weeks apart from the NA one, while P4AU seems to be just a bit more than that. P4A's release was actually supposed to be simultaneous across regions, however they actually pushed the Japanese release forward for some reason.

But I'm also mainly curious what this means for region locking. The game is coming out way later than I expected (I was really expecting late July/early August) and so it's going to be really close to the NA release, just like last time. What will they choose to do...?

I'll probably import it anyways if it's not region locked but, man, 2 weeks, huh. That's real close.

Edit: Also, this might establish a more accurate time frame in Japan for the next games. Persona Q is early June. P4U2 is late August. P4D is early October? P5 is late December?

Right, so this is ostensibly a repeat. Damn. Yeah, I guess we'll see. I was thinking late-July, as well.

It means we're getting region locking
but Europe will actually get the game at around the same time.
Or at least, that's my guess! :p

I think that's wishful thinking. I think if they could feasibly get an EU release running parallel with the states, they would've announced that when they confirmed everything for the US.

Or maybe not. Because that opens a big can of worms. They announce one, they immediately draw attention to the others.

Also, "Where's SMTIV?" It's not on Arlus, but that's not going to stop people.

arue

Reposting:

No news about Ken from Famitsu? I hope he'll be revealed sometime this week.

Gematsu said:
A new “Golden Arena Mode” has also been added. A battle tournament incorporating RPG elements, players will be able to raise their levels, learn over 150 skills, customize their favorite characters, and build Social Links with the navigator character.

• I'm guessing Golden Arena Mode will be side-scrolling, not like P3/P4 battle screen, but I never played ASW games before so idk.
  • 150 skills? Does that means we can use agi/bufu/phys attacks like in P3 and P4?
  • I wonder if the navigator character is Rise only or both Fuuka and Rise.
I know at this point I'm just asking questions that will be revealed later, but I can't believe I'm actually getting hyped over this game.

• I'm guessing Golden Arena Mode will be side-scrolling, not like P3/P4 battle screen, but I never played ASW games before so idk.
  • 150 skills? Does that means we can use agi/bufu/phys attacks like in P3 and P4?
I know at this point I'm just asking questions that will be revealed later, but I can't believe I'm actually getting hyped over this game.

It is most likely like this mode!

Sophia

We haven't gotten all the info from Famitsu. Remember it officially releases this Thursday.

Also no, think Abyss Mode (read: survival) from BlazBlue for what Golden Arena will be like.

FluxWaveZ

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Ken will be at least shown during the Persona Stalker Club episode. It's too obvious for it not to happen.

And Golden Arena Mode most likely will be more of an Abyss Mode analogue than anything else (which I'm glad they're actually doing). It probably won't be side-scrolling, but still traditional 1v1 matches, except with alternate rule sets. 150 skills might mean that different characters will be able to use different specials, maybe, or they might be modifiers to the moves they already have.

Squire

Banned
Sept 18th bros

Yup, mine is the 10th.

*brofist* I'm the 20th.

[*]I wonder if the navigator character is Rise only or both Fuuka and Rise.

There's already a bunch of navigators in P4A vanilla.

Ken should be revealed on PSC.

Man, im really worried for us guys int he UK and Europe. I really hope they dont region lock this game. :(

Its bad enough that we wont be seeing PQ for a good while, if at all.

arue

Thanks for the answers guys. I didn't think that the Golden Arena Mode (Abyss) mode would look like the regular 1 vs 1 battle; whenever I heard skills and RPG I just instantly think of action or turn-based gameplay.

There's already a bunch of navigators in P4A vanilla.

Ohh the P4A navigators. I was thinking of the navigator position in P3 and P4, not the navigator in the versus battle :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom