• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiu Neo

I think he just says "Spoiler spoiler spoiler!".

Most likely, yeah.

As much as I like both characters,
their "relationship" us pretty much one sided. Unless, of course, Naoto was a lot more... reserved with her feelings.
Yeah, maybe they could do something like that.

Oh god.

Dantis

As much as I like both characters,
their "relationship" us pretty much one sided. Unless, of course, Naoto was a lot more... reserved with her feelings.
Yeah, maybe they could do something like that.

Oh god.

If Golden is anything to go by, Naoto is anything but reserved with her feelings, haha.

Kanji and Naoto is pretty much the only pairing I can think of that would bother me if it was canonical.

Tiu Neo

If Golden is anything to go by, Naoto is anything but reserved with her feelings, haha.

Kanji and Naoto is pretty much the only pairing I can think of that would bother me if it was canonical.

Well, in Golden, none of your friends knew if you were on a relationship :p

But yeah, it does sound a bit forced.

Lunar15

Really? It's the only potential relationship hinted at in the game outside of the protagonist's.

kewlmyc

Bryce Papenbrook replacing Travis Willingham as Theodore in Persona Q.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=869493319731894

This week has been full of VA changes!

Eww, it's Bryce. But then again, it's Theodore, so whatever.

Wow, so we already have confirmation that Naoto's new VA is in both games, that Margaret has a new VA in P4AU (and PQ?) and that Theodore has a new VA in PQ (and P4AU?). Is there any other character that could possibly have a change of VA? Marie?
Yu hopefully :p

P4 endgame spoilers:
But seriously, Yu and Adachi having the same voice is jarring, as shown in the anime where JYB is just doing a high pitched version of his Yu voice for Adachi, and it's not convincing at all.

Dantis

Well, in Golden, none of your friends knew if you were on a relationship :p

But yeah, it does sound a bit forced.

I meant that a lot of her dialogue is very forward on her romantic path. She's all over Narukami.

Really? It's the only potential relationship hinted at in the game outside of the protagonist's.

I think that's probably part of why I don't like it? It feels like it would be taking a little jokey thing and then making it into an actual thing.

Though I didn't like the Kanji and Naoto bits in the main game either, so I guess it's just something that I'm not interested in.

Well, it is kind of a spoiler for Persona 4.

Hmm, yeah but in that case
Shadow
Kanji is a spoiler too, I don't have a clue though, maybe they're just playing around, saying "internet rage" and whatnot.

Lets face it, Ultimax takes place a day or two after Arena. No way could a "relationship" start in that time.

I think the 'spoilers' shout was a joke and they were referring to character interaction more than anything.

That's probably it, I had forgotten the time from one game to another is so short, but taking that into consideration, they could develop something within the story of the game? Well, I have no idea.

kewlmyc

I meant that a lot of her dialogue is very forward on her romantic path. She's all over Narukami.

All the girls are though... Guess once you like someone, your feelings never change. :p

I wouldn't mind KanjixNaoto, but having a relationship in P4AU is way too soon. Maybe somewhere down the line.

Lunar15

I think that's probably part of why I don't like it? It feels like it would be taking a little jokey thing and then making it into an actual thing.

Though I didn't like the Kanji and Naoto bits in the main game either, so I guess it's just something that I'm not interested in.

Did you hear their dialogue in-dungeon? They had some pretty cute dialogue that hinted at them getting closer in the future. It's not entirely unrequited.

Honestly though, I doubt they'll be in a relationship at the start of P4AU. That would mean they were in a relationship during P4A as well, and nothing like that is hinted at all. P4G's epilogue doesn't really note on it either.

Xenoflare

In all honestly, I find Japanese Rise more annoying than Kuma. Rise's Japanese VA is known for voicing the most freaking annoying tsundere characters in anime and now I can stand any character she voices. Vastly prefer English Rise.

The only characters that Rie Kugimiya voices that I don't find annoying are her non tsundere voices.

I had tsunderes in general.

I really liked her voice as Shannon in Umineko though, for starters.

Dantis

Did you hear their dialogue in-dungeon? They had some pretty cute dialogue that hinted at them getting closer in the future. It's not entirely unrequited.

Nope. I generally have Naoto in my party so I never had the opportunity. Did it actually? EXAMPLE ME!

Wynnebeck

Banned
So in Persona 4 Golden,
is Ms. Kashiwagi a pedophile? Homegirl just told MC and the boys they could do whatever they wanted to her as long as they kept quiet at the Amagi Inn.
This game is amazing lol.

Xenoflare

This was my reaction.

Why the fuck is Theo in the game anyway? When was he ever mentioned in P3 outside of the FemMC's route?

Never, but his appearance does not conflict with anything. Since he's the brother or Liz and Marge, unlike the FeMC which replaces the P3MC.

I'm slightly disappointed by this sudden VA swap.

I can see Yu Namba's point here now, not every VA returns for P4AU/PQ

Xenoflare

So in Persona 4 Golden,
is Ms. Kashiwagi a pedophile? Homegirl just told MC and the boys they could do whatever they wanted to her as long as they kept quiet at the Amagi Inn.

I would consider her to be
a very desperate woman who cannot face to her true age, not exactly pedo so no.

The randomly paired characters' dungeon dialogue is some of the best in P4, too bad it's so hard to see. Like Chie and Yukiko's awkward conversations if you're in a relationship with both. Or Yosuke saying to Yukiko, "You know, you're free to ruin our friendship at anytime" after she says being in a relationship with someone can ruin their friendship.

So in Persona 4 Golden,
I wouldn't go as far as to say that, I think she's just really miserably desperate. She and Morooka are two characters I really wish were explored more in depth.

Tiu Neo

Yes, on her S. Link. Then, again, we haven't seen her and Kanji interact alone at all. They have some scenes together in Golden, though. The
skying trip
part almost makes me want them to get together. :D Then, again, it would make Naoto's
Lover
S Link kinda invalid.

I'm betting on something more like Kanji's alternate storyline, where he declares his love to her.

Eww, it's Bryce. But then again, it's Theodore, so whatever.

Never really understood why some of you hate him, he's a fine VA. And really I find it annoying that some of you brush him off as terrible, when you never ever give him a chance in anything he's in when he's a character in so and so game.

Bryce Papenbrook replacing Travis Willingham as Theodore in Persona Q.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=869493319731894

This week has been full of VA changes!

I can't even remember what Theodore sounds like for the life of me, so this isn't as huge as Naoto or Margaret to me. Hopefully Bryce does a good job, I don't really know of anything else he's been in though.

Edit: Oh God, I'm so stupid. He's Makoto in Daganronpa and Kirito in SAO. I think his voice is pretty harmless though, so I'm not too worried.

Lunar15

Nope. I generally have Naoto in my party so I never had the opportunity. Did it actually? EXAMPLE ME!

It's extraordinarily light and it's more Kanji than Naoto, but there's definitely a few times when Naoto at least considers it.

You'll have to scroll through these, I couldn't find a video.

Naoto Dungeon Conversations

Kanji Dungeon Conversations

Y'know, I never really saw many of these. I had no idea they were tied to your social link, honestly. It's pretty great.

Haha, this one's great:

Kanji: Oww… My shoulder’s kinda tense. It’s pretty painful when you’re not used to it.
Naoto: I could massage your shoulders, if you’d like.
Kanji: Whaaaa!? Th-Th-That’s… I, I, uh, I don’t need one! I’m totally okay!
Naoto: I see…
Kanji: Oh… uh… I-I’m such an idiot…

Poor Kanji.

Also, jeeze, Yosuke is such a dick:

Yukiko: U-Um… About Kasai-san… I’m sorry for what she said. But she’s a wonderful person. She’s not only a good cook, she treats me very kindly, too…
Yosuke: Huh… You really know some great people, Yukiko. I wonder if it’s because you’re so great yourself.
Yukiko: I-I’m sure that’s not how it works…

Xenoflare

I didn't like that P4G kinda forced the
Kanji and Naoto
pairing on you in the ski trip. Didn't match up to what I did in the social link.Looks like the $6 Navigator DLC for PQ will be even more pointless in the western version.

I think it could be cheaper since VA's are not as hot as they are in Japan, since the velvet siblings are voiced really famous VA's in the JP version.

I could see it being a limited time offer for free things though, but then again, they could just charge $6 and leave it that way.

No one would really buy it though.

kewlmyc

Never really understood why some of you hate him, he's a fine VA. And really I find it annoying that some of you brush him off as terrible, when you never ever give him a chance in anything he's in when he's a character in so and so game.

Gave him a chance in Blue Exorcist, he was mediocre.
Gave him a chance in Tales of Graces, he was mediocre.
Gave him a chance in Durarara!!, he was decent (C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER)
Gave him a chance in Danganronpa, he was mediocre.
Gave him a chance in Sword Art Online, he was mediocre.

Sorry that I don't have the best confidence in him.

Xenoflare

His voice is very stereotypical protaggy, I don't really like him but I don't hate him at the same time cuz I think he gets the job done. I would give credits to VAs who doesn't make me cringe, which is kinda the case for me for a lot of JRPGs, be it dub or Japanese.

For Theo though, he has a lot more personality than your typical teenage protags, and he sounds very different from Theo's original English voice, so I don't know.

Dantis

Yes, on her S. Link. Then, again, we haven't seen her and Kanji interact alone at all. They have some scenes together in Golden, though. The
skying trip
part almost makes me want them to get together. :D Then, again, it would make Naoto's
Lover
S Link kinda invalid.

I'm betting on something more like Kanji's alternate storyline, where he declares his love to her.

Outside of her S Link too. Things like her costume dialogue, and her valentine's stuff too, obviously.

It's extraordinarily light and it's more Kanji than Naoto, but there's definitely a few times when Naoto at least considers it.

Y'know, I never really saw many of these. I had no idea they were tied to your social link, honestly. It's pretty great.
Haha, this one's great:

Poor Kanji.

Also, jeeze, Yosuke is such a dick:

Still seems one sided to me, to be honest. I can't think of any point when Naoto shows any kind of romantic interest in Kanji.

Lunar15

Outside of her S Link too. Things like her costume dialogue, and her valentine's stuff too, obviously.

Still seems one sided to me, to be honest. I can't think of any point when Naoto shows any kind of romantic interest in Kanji.

Like I said before, I'm still leaning towards the "relationship" being one sided in P4AU too. There's just nothing that hints at them being a couple by the time that game rolls around.

Haha, this one's great:

Poor Kanji.

Haha Kanji never learns: Random Scene 1

This is kinda cute too: Random Scene 2

Dantis

Like I said before, I'm still leaning towards the "relationship" being one sided in P4AU too. There's just nothing that hints at them being a couple by the time that game rolls around.

I agree. I think that if that had been the intent, it would have been referenced in P4G.

I still argue that you people are way too damm harsh on him. But whatever it's your opinion.

Tiu Neo

Oh yeah, forgot about those. Well, then, it would be a bit forced, if true. But I still think it's fake, or a joke ending/storyline.

Bryce Papenbrook would make a fantastic silent protagonist in P5.
y3BiMIv.png

Out of curiosity, who does he voice in Danganronpa?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom