• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

It's extraordinarily light and it's more Kanji than Naoto, but there's definitely a few times when Naoto at least considers it.

You'll have to scroll through these, I couldn't find a video.

Naoto Dungeon Conversations

Kanji Dungeon Conversations

Y'know, I never really saw many of these. I had no idea they were tied to your social link, honestly. It's pretty great.

Haha, this one's great:

Poor Kanji.

Also, jeeze, Yosuke is such a dick:

Naoto shuts down the possibility of them dating during one of the optional study events.

Outside of her S Link too. Things like her costume dialogue, and her valentine's stuff too, obviously.

Still seems one sided to me, to be honest. I can't think of any point when Naoto shows any kind of romantic interest in Kanji.

*Very minor, non-game ruining Persona Q spoilers*

I've skimmed through 3 dungeons worth of PQ text, and while Kanji's crush on Naoto is very apparent (to the point where even Yukari has noticed it), Naoto has not shown any interest towards Kanji, whatsoever.

Kssio_Aug

Can someone help me? I want to know if Im missing something.

Im doing the Fox S. Link, already reached its level 9 and just got the Guardian Fish, then I showed it to that old man, and he gave me the sea rod. But now I'm trying to get a Genji Beetle bait but I just cant catch it. I tried several times with no success, even thoug I already read those books, and did some perfect timing catches.

Edit: Also, Im trying it at night.

Squire

Banned
The randomly paired characters' dungeon dialogue is some of the best in P4, too bad it's so hard to see. Like Chie and Yukiko's awkward conversations if you're in a relationship with both. Or Yosuke saying to Yukiko, "You know, you're free to ruin our friendship at anytime" after she says being in a relationship with someone can ruin their friendship.

PK has posted full screen grabs of some of those conversations before. They're great. It's weird they're so hidden.

Dantis

PK has posted full screen grabs of some of those conversations before. They're great. It's weird they're so hidden.

Yeah. I've played P4 a load of times, and I've probably not even seen a quarter of them because they're S Link specific.

Some of the costume dialogue is great too.

EDIT: There's some colour pallette challenge thing on Tumblr where people give you a pallette and a character to draw, and I thought it would be fun to give a go:

tumblr_n7snlrRob21s602ggo3_1280.png

tumblr_n7snlrRob21s602ggo1_1280.png

PK Gaming

Yeah, I think I have like 200 of them on my vita, haha.

Also, I hadn't realized that Golden added even more of them (due to costumes). One day, i'm going to sit down and screenshot a bunch of them.

Squire

Banned
Willingham doesn't have time for Persona anymore! He's busy making starring turns in stuff Battlefield LA: Downtown Shootbang and Infamous: Scene Punk.

He's in Murdered: Soul Suspect, too.

Can someone help me? I want to know if Im missing something.

Im doing the Fox S. Link, already reached its level 9 and just got the Guardian Fish, then I showed it to that old man, and he gave me the sea rod. But now I'm trying to get a Genji Beetle bait but I just cant catch it. I tried several times with no success, even thoug I already read those books, and did some perfect timing catches.

Edit: Also, Im trying it at night.

I had this problem. Talk to the old guy again. He has to give you the information about the new bait before you can catch it.

Sophia

Yeah, I think I have like 200 of them on my vita, haha.

Also, I hadn't realized that Golden added even more of them (due to costumes). One day, i'm going to sit down and screenshot a bunch of them.

Yeah. There are an incredible amount of hidden conversations in P4G, and they're party dependant too. My favorites are: Chie with the Gekkoukan Uniform with Yosuke in the party, and I believe it's Yukiko with the Agent Suit and Teddie is in the party.

Kssio_Aug

I had this problem. Talk to the old guy again. He has to give you the information about the new bait before you can catch it.

Damn, I really didnt do it! T-T Ok, I'll try!! Thanks! =)

Edit:
Yeah, that was exactly the problem!! I just did it, and tried again. Got it at the 1st try! Thanks a lot!!

Great art as usual Dantis. Really loved the Teddie one.

It's extraordinarily light and it's more Kanji than Naoto, but there's definitely a few times when Naoto at least considers it.

You'll have to scroll through these, I couldn't find a video.

Naoto Dungeon Conversations

Kanji Dungeon Conversations

Y'know, I never really saw many of these. I had no idea they were tied to your social link, honestly. It's pretty great.

These are great, but it was always so rare for to find party members in dungeons. 8/10 times it was the cheap Fox for me haha.

FluxWaveZ

Heh. Props to Atlus USA, though, for not having a subpar version of the Japanese website. It seems that they'll also be doing the individual character trailers, so that's fantastic.

Xenoflare

Say, with Travis Willingham being replaced, what about Rise for PQ? Since Travis and Laura often work together and I don't know if this will mean anything.

I'm sure she's in for Ultimax though.

PK Gaming

Say, with Travis Willingham being replaced, what about Rise for PQ? Since Travis and Laura often work together and I don't know if this will mean anything.

I'm sure she's in for Ultimax though.

Koizumi_%2817%29.png

We've been hit by a string of unfortunate coincidences, but let's not jump to conclusions here!

Levito

Banned

They're in separate projects all the time, I don't think Travis not reprising his role has any baring on what work Laura does.

I have to wonder how this even happened lol

I can only image a tired designer doing this at 3am that didn't remember how the name was written, only spelled, in japanese and thought that since L sounds like R when they speak, that L was the right letter. Or maybe I'm just thinking too much into it.

Heh. Props to Atlus USA, though, for not having a subpar version of the Japanese website. It seems that they'll also be doing the individual character trailers, so that's fantastic.

That's pretty cool! The other websites were always mostly one page only with preorder links, that's a very neat approach.

FluxWaveZ

That's pretty cool! The other websites were always mostly one page only with preorder links, that's a very neat approach.

Yeah, it's really cool to see that the NA website will match the Japanese one in terms of content. It's what I always wanted, instead of those stripped out versions they had in the past. Hopefully the PQ and P4D websites will follow suit. Weekly English P4AU trailers would be glorious.

They added a promotional icon for the P4U stage play to the P4U2 website. I'd like to think that a P4A anime would be inevitable at some point, especially seeing this, but Atlus can be unpredictable when it comes to their Persona stuff.

Thanks for the comments again guys.

I'm kind of burnt out on Persona art for the time being, which is why they've been taking longer and longer. But I would never quit outright.

Yeah, it's really cool to see that the NA website will match the Japanese one in terms of content. It's what I always wanted, instead of those stripped out versions they had in the past. Hopefully the PQ and P4D websites will follow suit. Weekly English P4AU trailers would be glorious.

They added a promotional icon for the P4U stage play to the P4U2 website. I'd like to think that a P4A anime would be inevitable at some point, especially seeing this, but Atlus can be unpredictable when it comes to their Persona stuff.

Oh man, that would be awesome.

Also, it wouldn't surprise if they make an anime for both games some time after Ultimax is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom