• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

NichM

Banned
I meant "known" as in "it is known this person is being replaced." Not at liberty to say myself who's replacing Margaret's old VA unless she volunteers that information.

Marche90

Thankfully, we have heard how Matthew Mercer does Kanji, and he's a very good fit for the character, so I'm not all bothered overall for these changes. Also, as long as they keep JYB, Yuri Lowenthal and Laura Bailey in the new games it's all good in my book.

Dantis

Wow, that's a lot of voice changes. Real, genuine shame.

Naoto is the only one that will really bother me though, I think. Surprised that they couldn't get Troy back. I guess he's on bigger projects nowadays.

I meant "known" as in "it is known this person is being replaced." Not at liberty to say myself who's replacing Margaret's old VA unless she volunteers that information.

Seems fair enough, hopefully they come out and say though, we dont want a "Guess the VA" round 2, like it was for OG naoto.

Guess Who

Banned
Would pay money for Troy Baker as Kanji DLC.

I don't mean, Troy Baker voicing Kanji. I'm talking Troy Baker himself being a playable character in place of Kanji.

Squire

Banned
It's funny people are worried about voice changes being permanent or temporary when "milking Persona 4" is a point of contention.

Nolan North will be the P5 MC and Troy Baker will be the bad guy. Or vice versa.

All P5 characters to be voiced by Nolan North Easter Egg if you name MC Nolan North.
If anyone played SR4 without the Nolan North voice, you missed out.

I played SR3 with the Troy Baker voice, so I think I'll do the same when I play SR4... someday...

PK Gaming

5%2829%29.png

I'm so fucking disappointed right now

Rubedo

It is kind of funny how you kept telling me to not get worried about the Naoto change when you are getting this way for the Kanji change, where as I am completely ok with the Kanji change :p

To be fair, it is slightly different. We have a lot of instances of how Matthew Mercer sounds as Kanji to draw on whereas we haven't heard Valerie as Naoto.

That being said, I'm okay with the changes. Of course original VAs would have been great but it's no deal breaker.

As I heard earlier, it's funny we were worrying about the P3 cast VAs returning, when it was Persona 4 that had more changes. Either way I'm not too worried, I think everyone will do a fine job, even though I'll miss Troy.

Caladrius

There are plenty of long running series that maintain voice actors for characters. Actors can get busy though and have to make choices between projects. This has nothing to do with P4 being "milked" and it's idiotic to suggest so.

They gotta make that post-hoc rationalization for ragging on Persona endlessly somehow!

Oh wow, another change. I didn't even notice the difference when
I heard Shadow
Kanji talking in P4AU though, so I think he'll do a good job.
I haven't watched the anime dubbed, gonna check some scenes out to see what it's like.

Supposedly Kanji's VA was changed half way through, so you would have to look at scenes later in the story.

Zareka

I wasn't bothered about Margaret/Theo getting replaced, I could even live with Naoto but...Kanji, man. Best voice work in the game. Mercer is the best replacement they could get, and he'll do a fine job, but...it's just not gonna be the same. :(

Alfredo

I am super bummed that Troy Baker isn't coming back as Kanji. I seriously am reconsidering my immediate purchase of Persona Q upon release.

I like Matt Mercer. He seems like a cool dude. I met him once. I liked him in RE6. But he is not Troy Baker.

I associate Kanji with Troy Baker to the point that I dressed my Saints Row 3 and 4 character like Kanji and pretended he actually was Kanji because Baker did Male Voice 1.

And, yeah, I've heard Mercer's performance in the anime, and it blows my mind that some people couldn't tell the difference between him and Baker.

...I just want Persona 5 to overtake all this so I can stop worrying about all these voice changes....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom