• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You evo heads still staying in hotels? When you get back to image editing technology someone best be labelling that image.

I also hope you got more groupshots than that, gawd damn.

Jintor dances seductively

wait that's P1 isn't it. damnit. my joke.

Change it to Jintor makes jet noises and we are Persona 2: The Golden

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member
Is Persona 2 that bad? Wow

Its on PS3 right? I might give it a try but only if its a good game.

My copy-pasta P2 thoughts

I think it's a very good game that is unfortunately bogged down by its age. The best thing the game has going for it is the story which is a lot more involved since there's no social link system. A lot of a people say that P2 is "darker", it is to an extent, but the game also has a good sense of humor. That being said, the story of P2 can be very whatthefuck-ish but a little suspension of belief goes a long way. The P2 cast is fun and likeable, each member having his/her own character arc. P2 also has hands-down the BEST world of any Persona game. Sumaru City is populated by many NPCs each having a LOT of unique dialogue that changes VERY frequently as you progress through the story. I think I spent most of the game JUST talking to people and trying to get every single last scrap of dialogue. This also applies to your party members, whom you can chat with while shopping at the plethora of stores. The only bad thing about the game is the battle system which is antiquated as hell. Demon conversations are neat though, this is also how you'll be getting tarot cards which you can use to fuse more personas. Dungeons are maze-like and confusing so of course the encounter has to be super high :p The quality of the music is subjective but in my opinion it's not as strong as Persona 1 psp, though there are a few good tracks here and there.
But I still think its a great game, definitely worthy of the Persona moniker.

Plus, the game has THIS motherfucker in it(the ORIGINAL bro). HIS GUITAR CASE IS A MACHINE GUN.

Regarding your P3 question, the FES version is available on PS3 as a PS2 Classic downloadable title. It's my favorite game of all time~

Also, bye-bye OT5! You were the first thread that I saw through 'til the end.

My copy-pasta P2 thoughts

I think it's a very good game that is unfortunately bogged down by its age. The best thing the game has going for it is its story which is a lot more involved since there's no social link system. A lot of a people say that P2 is "darker", it is to an extent, but it also knows when to introduce light-hearted humor. That being said the story of P2 can be very whatthefuck-ish but a little suspension of belief goes a long way. The P2 cast is fun and likeable, each member having his/her own character arc. P2 also has hands-down the BEST world of a Persona game. Sumaru City is populated by many NPCs each having a LOT of unique dialogue that changes VERY frequently as you progress through the story. I think I spent most of the game JUST talking to people. The only bad thing about the game is the battle system which is antiquated as hell. Demon conversations are neat though, this is also how you'll be getting tarot cards which you can use to fuse more personas. Dungeons are maze-like and confusing so of course the encounter has to be super high :p The quality of the music is subjective but in my opinion it's not as strong as Persona 1 psp, though there are a few good tracks here and there.
But I still think its a great game, definitely worthy of the Persona moniker.

Plus the game has THIS motherfucker in it(the ORIGINAL bro). HIS GUITAR CASE IS A MACHINE GUN

Regarding your P3 question, the FES version is available on PS3 as a PS2 Classic downloadable title. It's my favorite game of all time~

Oh I know about the greatness of P3 alright. I've played that game farr too many times :p Its my favourite Persona game by far and one of the greatest jrpgs ever.

Persona 2 Innocent Sin looks like a game I will definitely play.....though admittedly my backlog is already pretty big -__- and I'm more interested in doing the Resident Evil series right now.

Moonlight

Banned
I've basically ranted at length about the issues I've identified with P2IS, but basically, the whole battle system. It's just got nothing particularly compelling from a mechanical standpoint (devoid of Press Turn as it is, shuffling partner members for fusion spells is the only real strategic component of battling) and the difficulty curve is broken in such a way that battles are rarely even remotely challenging, yet the encounter rate and the necessity of negotiations is so insanely high that the game will bog you down anyways. It's just... not a fun experience to play. It is an experience I would encourage people to try, but I would never blame anyone for refusing to sit through P2.

The best parts of the game, and the reason I would legitimately implore people to check it out, is the stuff it feels like Persona has always been good at - the characters and the side-content. Story was its' own reward, whether unraveling the main plot or, my personal preference, hopping around the shops and locales on the overworld map after every remotely important plot development to see something new.

CorvoSol

Is Persona 2 that bad? Wow

Innocent Sin PSP is very clunky. Battle System is horrible, all manner of unintuitive menu things goin on, you can't end demon contacts (whereas in P1 you could), ridiculously high encounter rate, and so on.

Eternal Punishment doesn't have some of IS's problems, which lessens the sting, but the game is still just not that fun for me because it just doesn't feel like its systems have aged well at all.

The flip-side is that Persona 2 IS and Persona 2 EP's stories aren't bad. So if you can deal with the old jalopy that is the gameplay, then the story is rewarding.

Yeah P2 is a very good game that unfortunately to me feels way too dated. Also the encounter rate in that game... Oh boy. I would keep on getting lost in dungeons and battles would keep on popping up. The battle system is a bit slow, and the Persona animations can take a while. Story wise, it is a great game, gameplay wise it isn't bad, it's just old.
And new thread incoming soon? Kinda going to miss this one...

Yeah, but Lisa Silverman clearly makes up for Persona 2's shortcomings. :V

So, any ideas for |OT6|? Probably something to do with Persona Q, Ultimax, even both?

muteki

Ahh, apparently they didn't re-record the fighting (excluding new things, I guess), so that's why I thought it was the same.

Another thing, maybe I'm looking too much into it, but the Atlus rep, who has been answering almost every question, has been ignoring all dual audio related questions.
Maybe something's up.
That's disappointing, if true. I may switch to the JP version.

kewlmyc

You evo heads still staying in hotels? When you get back to image editing technology someone best be labelling that image.

I also hope you got more groupshots than that, gawd damn

Surprisingly, only two of PersonaGAF faces are shown in that picture. The rest are off camera.

Persona Q, Premium is up for preorder in NISA Europe store, I really want it, but 70GBP without shipment is to much
Yeah, I was interested in this and the DanganRonpa one, but they're way too expensive. Absurdly so. I was considering buying Disgaea 4 from their store directly too, but that was before seeing the absurd prices.

muteki

It's true :(

Oddly enough though, they re-recorded all of Margaret's lines even though she says nothing new in the character select screen.
Oh well, Ultimax is probably going on the backburner then. Still haven't finished P4A yet though I hoped to before September, after P3P. Backlog is huge, 8-month-old and his sleeping habits.

Well yeah, but they're probably not in a position to do that yet. The whole thing kind of feels poorly planned and just thrown out there.
I know it must not me easy for them, but with prices in GBP and high shipping rates they won't sell that much.
I'm being critical because I was very happy that they were opening the European Store and planned to buy DR2, PQ (maybe) and Disgaea 4, maybe even the LE of one of them. And then I saw the prices and got pretty mad. And I still kinda am.

Its because they arent converting the prices to be of an equal value, theyre basically just going $1=£1 where it should actually be $1=£0.58 at the moment.

Danganronpa should be £35 is actually £60
Persona Q should be £41 is actually £70

Simply not good enough by NISA, pretty much delegates me to buying the standard editions of both from probably amazon.

Persona Q, Premium is up for preorder in NISA Europe store, I really want it, but 70GBP without shipment is to much

Anyone else tempted to import the NA CE and then sell/gift the NA copy of the game to someone whilst buying the normal EU copy? Will be around the same price and you'll probably get money/make someone happy with the NA copy.

Seriously NISA Europe that's how silly your prices are.

Anyone else tempted to import the NA CE and then sell/gift the NA copy of the game to someone whilst buying the normal EU copy? Will be around the same price and you'll probably get money/make someone happy with the NA copy.

Seriously NISA Europe that's how silly your prices are.
I would be tempted, but we can't even import one from the US store, as it doesn't ship orders to Europe anymore.

Its because they arent converting the prices to be of an equal value, theyre basically just going $1=£1 where it should actually be $1=£0.58 at the moment.

Simply not good enough by NISA, pretty much delegates me to buying the standard editions of both from probably amazon.
Yeah, that's what I'll do too most likely. I'l probably buy PQ when the price drops though, as of right now I am not that interested.

You're forgetting tax but it would still be like £40 and £50, which are still reasonable prices.

The worst part is (this applies to UK residents mostly) If you really want the LE, buying it for £70 will probably be the cheaper option. Custom Charges etc...

You're forgetting tax but it would still be like £40 and £50, which are still reasonable prices.

The worst part is (this applies to UK residents mostly) If you really want the LE, buying it for £70 will probably be the cheaper option. Custom Charges etc...

Not only did I forget tax (which I assumed was included because in England thats how we do), but I also forgot shipping costs, which are not included in the prices!

To be honest I'm probably going to get them both digitally on release, simply because I dont want to wait for delivery, I've probably gone 70% digital games over the past 2 years.

ssshadow

Neo Member
If anyone in Europe doesn't already have a 3DS it is much cheaper to import a US unit and the collectors edition from a site like videogamesplus. In fact, even if you get hit by import charges and VAT you still end up at about the same price level, only now you have a US 3DS and can actually buy a cheap physical copy of SMT 4.

This is tempting...

To be honest I'm probably going to get them both digitally on release, simply because I dont want to wait for delivery, I've probably gone 70% digital games over the past 2 years.

I wish I could. I have a horribly habit of having to own a physical copy otherwise I just don't feel right. x_x

and £5 shipping is criminal.

I would be tempted, but we can't even import one from the US store, as it doesn't ship orders to Europe anymore.

Yeah, that's what I'll do too most likely. I'l probably buy PQ when the price drops though, as of right now I am not that interested.

If anyone in Europe doesn't already have a 3DS it is much cheaper to import a US unit and the collectors edition from a site like videogamesplus. In fact, even if you get hit by import charges and VAT you still end up at about the same price level, only now you have a US 3DS and can actually buy a cheap physical copy of SMT 4.

This is tempting...

Basically they are the answer European peeps, videogameplus.ca is one of the best import sites and they actually marks the package down so no customs =D, still got shipping costs but it's better than being rammed in the ass by NISA Europe.
https://www.videogamesplus.ca/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Persona+q%3A&x=0&y=0

vilmer_

Finally got around to hooking up my Vita TV. Persona 4 Golden looks phenomenal :O Can't wait to play through it again, its been a long time!

Basically they are the answer European peeps, videogameplus.ca is one of the best import sites and they actually marks the package down so no customs =D, still got shipping costs but it's better than being rammed in the ass by NISA Europe.
https://www.videogamesplus.ca/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Persona+q%3A&x=0&y=0

But you have to buy a US 3DS first.

I've used VG+ for quite a few vita imports. (Project DIVA, Muramasa CE, DJMax...)

Finally got around to hooking up my Vita TV. Persona 4 Golden looks phenomenal :O Can't wait to play through it again, its been a long time!

It really does, I've had one since launch and sadly haven't actually used it that often. Being in UK has limited the games I can play by a fair bit. Can't wait for western servers to open up.

But you have to buy a US 3DS first.

I've used VG+ for quite a few vita imports. (Project DIVA, Muramasa CE, DJMax...)

I did say either sell the NA copy off or gift it XD, and then get the EU copy, still around the same price NISA is forcing us but at least you might make some money off the copy or your friend/fellow GAF peeps happy XD.

I did say either sell the NA copy off or gift it XD, and then get the EU copy, still around the same price NISA is forcing us but at least you might make some money off the copy or your friend/fellow GAF peeps happy XD.

Ha, so you did. I Completely missed your first post, this Monday is getting to me.

mitx

Ok Gaf, I just finished Persona 4 Golden (with the true ending yay) and know I want more! I bought Persona 3 Portable (i prefer my persona on the go) but i want more Rise and Yukiko in my life :p

Is Persona 4 Arena worth the buy for the story? is there any chance this game being released on Vita? Or should I just read the manga to know what happens to this characters?

Sophia

Ok Gaf, I just finished Persona 4 Golden (with the true ending yay) and know I want more! I bought Persona 3 Portable (i prefer my persona on the go) but i want more Rise and Yukiko in my life :p

Is Persona 4 Arena worth the buy for the story? is there any chance this game being released on Vita? Or should I just read the manga to know what happens to this characters?

Yes. No. No. In that order.

The manga only covers one specific story route and leaves out details as a results. While not every route in Persona 4 Arena is good, you're still getting a better experience playing the game itself.

Try and pick up Persona 4 Arena on the cheap. Also do note it's very much a sequel to Persona 3 too, and has spoilers for that game.

biodude

Neo Member
At the end of p4,
Where was everyone else when you were saying goodbyes on the day before? I only saw yosuke and teddie at junes ,and nanako/ dojima in front of house. Do you only see/talk to the people who you maxed s-links with? I searched the whole school, junes, etc. and couldn't find anyone else.

I realized at the very end of p4 that I didn't level 10 any of the girl's social links. They were all level 9 :(
Kinda got to me since it wouldn't have had any consequences compared to golden. Oh well.
I thought there was a valentines day in vanilla p4 too, I guess its only in golden

I was planning on trying Naoto's S-link on my golden playthrough, is her's worth doing?

One last thing, without being too spoilery- are there any additional steps needed to get the extended true ending in p4g? Is it just having to
beat Marie's dungeon?

DNAbro

or you can wait for P4AU and do the recap story their.

It's amusing to see what happened during this topic's lifespan. Looks like Rise was just announced as playable in Ultimax when it first got created.

I was planning on trying Naoto's S-link on my golden playthrough, is her's worth doing?

One last thing, without being too spoilery- are there any additional steps needed to get the extended true ending in p4g? Is it just having to
beat Marie's dungeon?

It is worth doing, yes. It is kind of different to the other Social Links, which is cool.

Also, you have to get the true ending to get the extended epilogue.

It's amusing to see what happened during this topic's lifespan. Looks like Rise was just announced as playable in Ultimax when it first got created.

Good ol' times.

Dantis

How about Persona Community Thread |OT6| The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Dance All Night 5Q?

I was planning on trying Naoto's S-link on my golden playthrough, is her's worth doing

Kind of. Her actual S Link is decent, but her romance stuff is a bit bleh.

Trigger

At the end of p4,
Where was everyone else when you were saying goodbyes on the day before? I only saw yosuke and teddie at junes ,and nanako/ dojima in front of house. Do you only see/talk to the people who you maxed s-links with? I searched the whole school, junes, etc. and couldn't find anyone else.

Yes.

Dantis

My PQ OST order

plosmBd.png

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

DAMN YOU PERSONA 2.

Squire

Banned
Guess Who's title has my vote.

I hope there are more DR alts in Ultimax!

Edit: If Kanji has a Mondo alt, Scrafty will probably have a stroke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom