• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Sonia is probably my favorite character in Danganronpa, actually. >_>;
I misread this as sophia
Oh my god, for three days I thought Sophia's name was actually Sonia.

Hey PersonaGAF, can you help me out?
I want to take out Yosuke and Yukari out of these pictures from PQ's intro (in better quality since my YouTube videos' quality sucks)
xQkkiWs.png
and then put them in a background like this, but in avatar size:

GGF

Neo Member
fuck, did I get this cliffhanger ending because
I didn't push namatame in the tv?
(p4g spoilers)

If this is what I think it is, it's not because
you didn't push him in
. You actually have to
answer Yosuke's questions
in a specific way to get the real ending. It's super weird and backwards. Here's the correct responses to pick in order if you don't wanna look it up:
3rd response, then 1st, 3rd, 2nd, 3rd, and 2nd.
Hope you have a save near that part.

Edit: Also whaddup PersonaGAF long time first time etc.

Eleuin

If this is what I think it is, it's not because
you didn't push him in
. You actually have to
answer Yosuke's questions
in a specific way to get the real ending. It's super weird and backwards. Here's the correct responses to pick in order if you don't wanna look it up:
3rd response, then 1st, 3rd, 2nd, 3rd, and 2nd.
Hope you have a save near that part.

Edit: Also whaddup PersonaGAF long time first time etc.
Yeah I went back and did it again, guess I messed up on the 3rd or 4th dialog choice, what a weird design decision :/

Thanks!~

http://84xl.tumblr.com/image/103081930409
Spent way too long trying to fix Rise after I rushed her face, probably should have redrew it.

...and bad planning means I'm going to run out of P4 characters, so shit.

Nah it's still really good.
And tbh I didn't even notice you were going for one character from each side per picture. You can always draw something goofy though and break from the pattern.

For example, I saw some stuff from back when P4 Arena was being released, and there were things like Narukami in a Luchador mask wrestling Yosuke.

Just for lolz, I would have liked if they gave Narukami a suplex move where during the super flash, he puts on a luchador mask and says something like "I always dreamed of this moment" or something. But that's just me, I'm kind of weird that way.

I enjoyed it

Heck, I enjoyed the fight that accompanied it, even if it was super cheesy

Yep, same here. I did not like the other boss fights though, like
Ameno Sagiri. Plus didn't like how he was getting owned in the Hollow Forest but clearly was capable of destroying armies of shadows with his beefed up Izanagi and was one-shotting the previous bosses
. After reading the reviews from here, I gathered that the last few episodes were for the most part even worse than the others and skipped through most of them.

Also liked the s-link schedule episode, beach event, Christmas episode (don't know why it's in Golden though since it isn't a new addition) and the Valentine's day event, though I kind of wished he hung out with the guys or chose to spend the day with one of or some of his classmates. Same with ski trip where he gets lost all by himself. That's just me though.

atlusprime

Atlus PR
Hey just a heads up that I'll be streaming some PQ tomorrow at 6 p.m. PST! Oh, and more fun stuff tomorrow too.

Right now, streaming party consists of: P3MC, Kanji, Koro, Naoto and Yukari - but will take suggestions for others. Probably just some light exploration, battles and explaining/shooting the shit. No story stuff because
spoilers.

Rhapsody

Banned
Just for lolz, I would have liked if they gave Narukami a suplex move where during the super flash, he puts on a luchador mask and says something like "I always dreamed of this moment" or something. But that's just me, I'm kind of weird that way.
lol I can imagine this now

Hey just a heads up that I'll be streaming some PQ tomorrow at 6 p.m. PST! Oh, and more fun stuff tomorrow too.

Right now, streaming party consists of: P3MC, Kanji, Koro, Naoto and Yukari - but will take suggestions for others. Probably just some light exploration, battles and explaining/shooting the shit. No story stuff because
spoilers.

This is almost assuredly a dumb question, but do you mean streaming from the Atlus USA twitch account?

For what it's worth, I think that's a great party to show off the game. But anything's great when Koro's there.
And now I want Nanako to meet Koromaru.

FluxWaveZ

You guys familiar with this Persona Fan Channel tumblr? All I do is simply relay and reword information myself to archive it, but it's still kind of weird to see what I write on my site straight up copy pasted on there, without even being sourced.

Eh, just something I became aware of. They could at least put things in their own words, heh.

Edit: Oh, I do see some mentions here and there. Not a big deal or nothing; it just surprised me to see kind of like another version of my site.

spoilers.

I'm surprised you didn't put best girl in the team. :p

ADeadDieHard Don't kill me pls

lol I can imagine this now

So you imagined the step? It's genius!

I personally love game mechanics or moves from the original acknowledged in the spin-offs, like how Teddie has Nihil Hand and Redacted has Heat Riser, even though it's not quite the same as how it works in the actual game. So even though it's rather silly it's still something I would like.

Do you think there would be any special dialogue for fusing Mara? I hope so. Possibly others too.

You guys familiar with this Persona Fan Channel tumblr? All I do is simply relay and reword information myself to archive it, but it's still kind of weird to see what I write on my site straight up copy pasted on there, without even being sourced.

Eh, just something I became aware of. They could at least put things in their own words, heh.

Edit: Oh, I do see some mentions here and there. Not a big deal or nothing; it just surprised me to see kind of like another version of my site.

Yeah, seen them a bit while looking for persona stuff on Tumblr, plus I remember listening to the PQ battle themes back when they were first released on their channel. I think it was a rip from the game or something though, since the loops were a bit off for the P3 side. Could be wrong though.

In PQ? I dunno, but I do know that PQ's fusion error animation is probably my favorite in the series.

Yep, those are pretty amusing too. Saw Margaret's on Tumblr. Unfortunately, while it isn't really that important since you can just save and reload before each fusion, I kind of dislike how your perfect persona can become something garbage, though it's probably better now since it's less of a hassle to choose the skills. I got salty when I spent a long time confirming and backing out in the fusion menu to get the required skill only for an error to occur. I do know that in some other games though, it is important and the only way to acquire some demons.

In PQ? I dunno, but I do know that PQ's fusion error animation is probably my favorite in the series.

Oh ok, I thought maybe she did something significant after the card landed on her head. Forgot the whole animation was in the video, I only remember until when it lands on her head. I saw a screenshot of Margaret crumpling a card, so I assume that is hers. On second thought though, maybe it's for something else. I just can't think of what else it would be for.

hey hey hey HEY HEY!

P4AU 2.0 changelist

These changes have me super psyched.

Those are some choice Junpei buffs, but he's got a long way to go until he's high-tier.

Maybe Yu should train him and the other low-tier characters in the ways of a great character...

Yu:

Let's get down to business
To become top-tier
Will you show improvement, or confirm my fears?
You're the saltiest scrubs I've ever fought
But you can bet before we're through
Mister, I'll make Da Man out of you

As still as the forest
And hotter than flames
Once we get Victory Cry
The enemy'll be slain
You're a low-tier, trash, pathetic lot
Worse than Roll in Marvel 2
Somehow I'll make Da Man out of you

Liz: I'll never land Mudoon

Labrys: I'm gettin' the kibosh put on me

Kanji: Boy, this Minazuki's cross-up's sure to win

Trismegistus: Looks like you're gettin' zoned to death

Junpei: Hope that I don't get "Perfect"-ed

Yukiko: Maybe I should just go back home to my inn...

[Chorus:]
Be Da Man
We must be swift as a Power Geyser
Be Da Man
With all the force of a Hadoken
Be Da Man
With all the strength of a Raging Demon
Tenacious enough to climb the ranks again!

Yu:

The patch is racing toward us; are you up to snuff?
Heed my every order and you might get buffed
You're unsuited for EVO's stage floor
So pack up, get bent, you're through
How could I make Da Man out of you?

Be Da Man
Be Da Man
Be Da Man

Be Da Man
Be Da Man
Be Da Man

Thanks for the translation link. A few things from briefly scanning through it.

Did they make confusion more or less potent than it was before? I didn't play the game, but it seems to be one of the weaker status effects, in my opinion, relative to things like rage and maybe fear. From the wording, does it mean that regardless of whether you tilt forward or backwards you end up blocking? If so, then isn't it easier to block cross-ups?

I didn't see that many nerfs to characters. I guess some just got buffed more than others.

Shadows seem quite a bit better now, possibly more of them could be better than their normal counterparts. Though I'm not sure if this fixed the problem of some characters taking advantage of shadow frenzy more than others.

Also Redacted's Magatsu Mandala makes it so SP skills inflict 2 bad status ailments each? That seems pretty good, though I would have preferred maybe getting more persona cards due to his reliance on persona (seems also to break quite often in videos I watch, maybe in competitive that doesn't happen as often). People who face him/her might get madder though, especially if more of the supers inflict rage outside of heat riser (or if heat riser also inflicts fear or something like that for guaranteed fatal counters afterwards).

But these aren't set in stone (I don't think?) and I don't play the game so I don't know how big of an impact some of these changes will have.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Q's been getting some good reviews. Between this and the Arena games, the spin-off Persona titles definitely seem to be quality. Who knows what mess happened behind the scenes with P4D, but hopefully that will end up being great for what it is as well.

84X

Banned
Persona Q's been getting some good reviews. Between this and the Arena games, the spin-off Persona titles definitely seem to be quality. Who knows what mess happened behind the scenes with P4D, but hopefully that will end up being great for what it is as well.

Derp didn't see the review thread.

Hype intensifies.

Nachos

Certainly good to hear that Q's reviewing well.

I don't think there is a game with the Persona name on it that isn't quality

I remember hearing that the Aigis cell phone game wasn't so hot, but I don't think Atlus actually made that.

Oh my god, for three days I thought Sophia's name was actually Sonia.

Hey PersonaGAF, can you help me out?
I want to take out Yosuke and Yukari out of these pictures from PQ's intro (in better quality since my YouTube videos' quality sucks)

and then put them in a background like this, but in avatar size:
This work?
QczRKCj.png

That new trailer for Persona Q that came with the Atlus email... If the soundtrack includes songs like that I'm in for a treat (I haven't spoiled myself with any of the tracks that some of you have posted already).

Also I'm pretty happy to see reviewers giving the game excellent scores. Can't wait to play, even with my schedule as busy as it is I am going to have to put at least an hour into it, this is my most anticipated title of the year. You mix EO gameplay, with the option to play as the P3MC along with both P3 and P4 casts in one game in a brand new story, and you have pretty much given me the best holiday present.

This is also my last gaming purchase of the year, so one could say, amongst all the dissappointments, I'll be closing the year off really well!

FluxWaveZ

Persona Stalker Club is slowly taking over Japan

I think that cafe was recently a P4U2 one, which was previously a PQ one. I think it's more like the cafe's prone to cross-promotion instead of a sign of PSC's popularity (though it's fairly popular).

What I do want is for Persona to take over the world, and the domination might start with P5.

This is kind of random and I'm not sure if this is the place to ask this especially since it didn't come out, plus I don't know if anyone who tried the game out knows.

But for sacrificial fusion, did they make it so that even if the bonus EXP would make it so the persona is too high level, you could just summon it at your level? In Nocturne, something that bugged me was that I trained some demons too much or chained too many sacrificial fusions together, so that the bonus EXP would raise them to a level above mine and I wouldn't be able to summon it.

For example, I would want to perform a sacrificial fusion while I'm at level 40 to fuse a demon in the low 30s, but the exp that is granted would cause the result to be about level 45, and thus I would not be able to summon it. I'm basically asking if they changed it so it would automatically scale to my level (40) instead and let me summon it?

Picked up Persona 4 Golden today so I'm finally gonna try out this series after watching a friend play through P3P as FeMC and Persona 4.

I have high hopes for this game!

Picked up Persona 4 Golden today so I'm finally gonna try out this series after watching a friend play through P3P as FeMC and Persona 4.

I have high hopes for this game!

Prepare to have those hopes BLOWN THE FUCK UP BY HOW AWESOME P4G IS!

Also, bit of a brag I'll admit, but how many other people on PGaf have the platinum trophy for Golden? I know a few people have their own hated trophy that they had/have trouble getting.

pan-hime

Prepare to have those hopes BLOWN THE FUCK UP BY HOW AWESOME P4G IS!

Also, bit of a brag I'll admit, but how many other people on PGaf have the platinum trophy for Golden? I know a few people have their own hated trophy that they had/have trouble getting.
I do. Hardest trophy to earn for me was Max All Social Links.

Top Bottom