• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Busaiku

I don't think Kanji and Shinjiro made the transition to Persona Q well at all.
Everyone else looks so good, but those guys're just bleh.

PK Gaming

Bluh

PQ's 3rd dungeon loves making you feel like an idiot. In my defense, I wasn't ready to tackle
Grade 10 Algebra
(Dungeon puzzle tag)

But still, my pride is wounded. Friggin super genius Naoto...

It's a step up from P3/P4. Also kinda reminds me of old school Persona

The fact that
Atlus did not include that music box arrangement for Aria of the soul in any OST is just 100% troll.

Yeah I noticed that too, since I think that was one of the longest poems, so it was the longest duration I've ever heard the song being played in game.

FluxWaveZ

Atlus' booth at the PSX (#205, underneath Activision's):
LYk4ROH.jpg

Box art for P3M#2 home release:

FireSol

uhh...finally got my PQ copy today and 2 hours of my life just fly away, but im already in love with this game, now I feel ashamed that I missed EO games (((

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Although technically not the official price, they regularly retail for like $99.
There are game bundles that're like $130 all the time too.

I'll go with the $99 one. Don't want to have a game I don't really want unless it's PQ.

This is probably what I'll end up doing myself. I'm not really in the market for a 3DS, but all these Q impressions are great.

Yeah. I was fine with my Vita though.

Hugstable

Banned
uhh...finally got my PQ copy today and 2 hours of my life just fly away, but im already in love with this game, now I feel ashamed that I missed EO games (((

I'm in love with this game, it mixes so many things I like from Persona, SMT and Etrain all into one amazing little package. The dungeons, the puzzles, the fights, the dialogue and interactions, it's all just amazingly well done to me. Difficulty seems decent also while I'm playing on Hard (trying to not use Hama/Mudo skills much at all, makes it a bit tougher).

FluxWaveZ

Keeping expectations set to English TGS trailer and nothing more.

I was just expecting that initially, but this:
This might mean nothing, or it might be pretty reaching, but I use a chrome addon that notifies me whenever webpages are updated, and one of the pages it flagged up earlier today is http://cdn.persona5.jp/common/img/bg_visual03.jpg, which should be the next background for the Persona 5 website. It could be meaningless, since it's randomly flagged up things before that lead to nothing, although never this page, but giving the timing, there's a slim chance that it could be significant.
...has made me more bullish about the prospect of something a bit more significant.

Sophia

So we heard you like Persona.

So we're bringing over Persona 5 to the PS4.

OKAY HERE'S AN AMAZING EXCITING TRAILER
FOR ANOTHER GAME

FluxWaveZ

To be fair, never thought a Persona game would be mentioned at all in a Sony US conference!

Of course it would. It's a Sony exclusive and a JRPG to tout. There's nothing impressive about that.

I think they left out the 2015 part of that. Not simultaneous with Japan, but we do what we do as quick as we can.

Oh man, thank you! The vagueness seemed to imply some uncomfortable uncertainty.

I think they left out the 2015 part of that. Not simultaneous with Japan, but we do what we do as quick as we can.

Since I'm studying right now and not watching, from all the reactions here, it's safe to assume that the "announcement" was just a quick passing reference? This tidbit that you gave us is good info though, it's coming next year, and that's awesome.

Meia

Vagueness certainly implied that they had no idea when P5 was going to be out even in Japan, so they couldn't even say a YEAR of release, just that it was coming, something we all knew anyway. :p

arue

Wow that was disappointing. What about P5 booth at the show floor though? I guess it will just show the same trailer huh?

Weiss

Banned
I guess P5's development isn't going too strong, if they can't even show any footage over a year after announcement.

At least we know it's coming in 2015.

Top Bottom